Question on brakes for Toyota

Techgod

Has anyone experienced brakes which are intermittently sometimes high, sometimes low.

There is a travel distance before the brakes bite, what may be the issue? Master brake cylinder fault?

I have been constantly servicing my car, brakes are bleeded.

After servicing, the brakes are always high but after 2 weeks, the brakes becomes low.

Any experts out here who can advise 🙂

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Techgod said:

Has anyone experienced brakes which are intermittently sometimes high, sometimes low.

There is a travel distance before the brakes bite, what may be the issue? Master brake cylinder fault?

After servicing, the brakes are always high but after 2 weeks, the brakes becomes low.

Check the Brake Fluid Level...Brake Failure can kill someone..Don't play play.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Techgod said:

buy the inner cylinders and rebuild it. shouldn't be too ex. but local workshops will probably tell you to change the whole thing.

or rebleed elsewhere. a flush via vacuum bleed, followed by a 2 person pump and bleed method. should get all the air out.

• Praise 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:17 AM, kobayashiGT said:

sound like a master brake cylinder issue. can have it check with a mech. you never feedback to ur mech while servicing?

I did feedback to my mech while servicing and they did re-bleed the brakes plus putting the brakes to a system top test for brake force. The report stated it was up to the manufacture standards.

i have checked the brake fluid reservoir and it was to the max level.

Ok i will definitely feedback to the mech to check my master brake cylinder.

The frustrating part is it is always high and then subsequently the height of the brakes reduces. I will then need to brake harder.

On 12/24/2019 at 8:57 AM, Mkl22 said:

buy the inner cylinders and rebuild it. shouldn't be too ex. but local workshops will probably tell you to change the whole thing.

or rebleed elsewhere. a flush via vacuum bleed, followed by a 2 person pump and bleed method. should get all the air out.

What inner cylinders you are referring to?

1 hour ago, Techgod said:

I did feedback to my mech while servicing and they did re-bleed the brakes plus putting the brakes to a system top test for brake force. The report stated it was up to the manufacture standards.

i have checked the brake fluid reservoir and it was to the max level.

Ok i will definitely feedback to the mech to check my master brake cylinder.

The frustrating part is it is always high and then subsequently the height of the brakes reduces. I will then need to brake harder.

What inner cylinders you are referring to?

I advice you seek another Workshop for Advice...before any Accident happen....by the way,you also never mention what Toyota Model & age of your Car.

Edited by ER-3682

IMO, check your brake hose. it could be the spongy effect that makes you think so. but importantly get it checked. if really bothers you, an change to SSBH to eliminate this spongy effect of rubber brake hose.

Modern car undercarriages are now very congested and with catalytic converter high exhaust temperature is transmitted to the surrounding. With the little free spaces, the brake pipes will have to run with many bends. Under such conditons, the chance of air bubbles being trapped at "high spots" cannot be ruled out.

The traditional way of brake bleeding, with "leg power", is questionable and not 100% perfect especially so for the European makes.

So to get the best bleeding result, go and hunt for a shop that has a vacuum or pressure, brake bleeder.

BFB57_unit.jpg

brake very soft or hard. some time low sometime high 90% is the brake master pump and booster issue,

if bleeding already done and still same, ask them find a used 1 for u ,normal bnb japanese car quite cheap only, 200buks +- should settle.

and best of all, normally used part the master pump they sell with the booster together. 

if u replace a new pump , they sell the pump alone.

singapore labour cost is so high, no WS  will repair the pump for u, even if they quote u, u will find it unacceptable, cos its not that much cheaper compare to replace the whole thing.

and lastly the chances of the bake hose causing anormal braking is very very very low, so dun bother go replace the hose to steel pipe type.

the hose its either they leak or they dun leak, if they leak can detect easily, 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1

On 12/25/2019 at 4:36 PM, ER-3682 said:

I advice you seek another Workshop for Advice...before any Accident happen....by the way,you also never mention what Toyota Model & age of your Car.

The Toyota model is Turbo Harrier and it is only 1.8 years old.

When i drive a conti car, the brakes are consistent every time without the spongy feeling.

8 minutes ago, Techgod said:

When i drive a conti car, the brakes are consistent every time without the spongy feeling.

Go back Borneo Motor Bang table.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, Techgod said:

13 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Go back Borneo Motor Bang table.

Yah. Still under warranty, can go back AD and check it out.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:06 AM, Techgod said:

actually talk until now then  i know its a new car under warrently.

there is only 1 and only 1 advice for u to follow. GO BACK TO AD , do not let outside ws touch your car or replace any parts yourself.

all the other advice u can throw away 😁

• Praise 2

Pressure test the whole brake system is the only way to systematically narrow down the source of the problem. Do a visual inspection and using a small tapping hammer to tap on the brake pipes and joints/fittings hopefully to detect minute cracks on the pipes ( normally caused by "flying" stones or heavy materials while driving at high speed. )

Another possibility may one of the bleed screw has cross threaded and overtime allow minute air to enter into the system when the brake pedal is released

Hope this helps

Edited by Yeobh
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Techgod said:

Nothing to do with conti or Toyota, obviously  the brake has some problem, hope u could get it fixed soon. It could really be the master pump's problem .

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Actually if there's something wrong with this the service light(yellow exclamation mark) should lit up. Any loss of pressure or inconsistency the sensor will also tell you thru the OBDII diagnostic tool.

If no warning, then it's just you. LoL...

↡ Advertisement