MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

I think the seat should be rubber instead of leather. hahhaha.

He say even a fast charge take about 2 hrs. If using.our normal.power point.charge take even longer.

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Beregond said:

He say even a fast charge take about 2 hrs. If using.our normal.power point.charge take even longer.

2 hours should be full charge.

Usually fast charge have the capacity to charge to 80% at the first 30min or so, then a subsequent charge will slowly seep inside the battery.

I think is more important to understand the "fastest time" to charge to "certain percentage" is more useful. Then you can gauge your real-world usage.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

2 hours should be full charge.

Usually fast charge have the capacity to charge to 80% at the first 30min or so, then a subsequent charge will slowly seep inside the battery.

oh ya. make sense. small company like us can really consider. delivery come back, throw there slowly charge also np.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
22 minutes ago, Beregond said:

oh ya. make sense. small company like us can really consider. delivery come back, throw there slowly charge also np.

I hate to say this, but I think electric is the way to go forward.

Hybrid not very worth it due to the price plus you still need to pump petrol. But electric wise, you invest more firstly, the "fuel cost" will be saved everytime you charged.

If your office can have your own charging point, they will be even better. hahah.

Next time when I have a electric car, can I go there for "fast charge"? hahahahahha.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

The Geely... I mean Proton X70 is very good. Driven it myself in bolehland and I was impressed. And it is to my understanding that Geely will sell it here by year end. 

It will be built by Proton but it will be badged as a Geely when it arrives

But even then, the X70 build quality is still a notch down from say CX5, Rav4 or Sorento. Hard, shiny and scratch prone plastics surfaces can still be found on the center console and some part of the dash. 

Any idea who will be the AD that brings the Proton back to 🇸🇬 once more?

Too bad the X70 didn’t fare quite well here against the likes of these:

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, VDub_Golf said:

Thanks for sharing. I read in the following post which indicates "mediocre economy figures" for the MG HS. Contrasting views for new MG HS owners which reads,  "Almost a third (31.8%) said their car had one or more faults within the first 12 months". 

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/mg/hs/suv/mpg 

I am just curious whether MG HS Engineers have resolved those customer feedback and make incremental improvement? If not, it may be a quality issue and it would take a lot of courage for local 1st time buyer to jump into the wagon.

Ahh...
Most models of cars have their own fault in 1 way or another. It’s up to the decision of the buyer/owner as to whether those faults are a deal breaker for them tho.😉

Internal Moderator
35 minutes ago, RevStarZen said:

Any idea who will be the AD that brings the Proton back to 🇸🇬 once more?

Too bad the X70 didn’t fare quite well here against the likes of these:

don't like that say! At least they are now fighting on the same stage as Honda, Nissan, Mazda. . . 

Last time also cannot put proton under there. hahaha. So there is a huge improvement already! 

25 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

don't like that say! At least they are now fighting on the same stage as Honda, Nissan, Mazda. . . 

Last time also cannot put proton under there. hahaha. So there is a huge improvement already! 

🤣...and Proton just did a badge engineering via a Geely Boyue which is essentially Geely versus the other established brands! 

It shows 🇨🇳 advanced much faster than Proton in reality...🤣

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, RevStarZen said:

🤣...and Proton just did a badge engineering via a Geely Boyue which is essentially Geely versus the other established brands! 

It shows 🇨🇳 advanced much faster than Proton in reality...🤣

Geely and proton are under one roof le mah. hahaha.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I hate to say this, but I think electric is the way to go forward.

Hybrid not very worth it due to the price plus you still need to pump petrol. But electric wise, you invest more firstly, the "fuel cost" will be saved everytime you charged.

If your office can have your own charging point, they will be even better. hahah.

Honestly, if the government REALLY want to push for electric vehicles, they could have incentivise much more than just ARF rebate, able to go on bus lane etc...

Worst still they penalise potential EV owners by having them pay $700 yearly to cover FUEL Excise duties? 😅 Already the road tax of an EV is higher than that of an equivalent power rated ICE.

Let's see what impact the 20k ARF rebate for EV will have next year. Worst case scenario they remove the VES A1 rebate of 20k. That means.... back to square one.😂

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
12 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

Honestly, if the government REALLY want to push for electric vehicles, they could have incentivise much more than just ARF rebate, able to go on bus lane etc...

Worst still they penalise potential EV owners by having them pay $700 yearly to cover FUEL Excise duties? 😅 Already the road tax of an EV is higher than that of an equivalent power rated ICE.

Let's see what impact the 20k ARF rebate for EV will have next year. Worst case scenario they remove the VES A1 rebate of 20k. That means.... back to square one.😂

Election coming. maybe got chance. hahahhaa.

I don't like the idea of electric car thou, I prefer good old petrol car. but in general, there are more pros than cons for using an electric car which we cannot avoid one.

So maybe 10 years, maybe 20 years, everyone will be driving an electric car.

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Election coming. maybe got chance. hahahhaa.

I don't like the idea of electric car thou, I prefer good old petrol car. but in general, there are more pros than cons for using an electric car which we cannot avoid one.

So maybe 10 years, maybe 20 years, everyone will be driving an electric car.

Definitely in 20years cause they say phase out ICE by 2040😁 but then policies always prata one so we shall see..

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, kelaihoyin said:

Definitely in 20years cause they say phase out ICE by 2040😁 but then policies always prata one so we shall see..

Well they need to be around by 2040 1st la. :D Opps... ISD coming. 

(edited)

Mg hs come with  7speed dct. 

Is the wet or dry clutch? Using the same technology as VW? 

Edited by Meemee
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Meemee said:

Mg hs come with  7speed dct. 

Is the wet or dry clutch? Using the same technology as VW? 

It’s the dry clutch and had read online it’s sourced from VW.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:26 AM, RevStarZen said:

It’s the dry clutch and had read online it’s sourced from VW.

So will it have the same issuse as VW or it been more stable with technology 

• Haha! 2

45 minutes ago, Meemee said:

So will it have the same issuse as VW or it been more stable with technology 

That issue with VW had long gone for more than 10 years already? Updated and improved current VW gearboxes don’t seem to have any problems tho.🤔

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1