MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

3 minutes ago, Dinkydong said:

OMV $21K. 

IMG_20200703_163810.jpg

Thanks. Price diff for gtd quite huge. Will probably stick to non-gtd then... are u getting? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Kar_lover said:

Thanks. Price diff for gtd quite huge. Will probably stick to non-gtd then... are u getting? 

Gtd 5yrs warranty

I think this is very important for model like this

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Gtd 5yrs warranty

I think this is very important for model like this

Not worth leh as one is basically paying extra $10k for 2 yr warranty

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Soya said:

Not worth leh as one is basically paying extra $10k for 2 yr warranty

More than just 2yr warranty. Ya, better nego for a better price

Quite an interesting model. But china car n thinking of the reliability n resale value also scare 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

More than just 2yr warranty. Ya, better nego for a better price

Quite an interesting model. But china car n thinking of the reliability n resale value also scare 

That's the thing....if scare b4 buying, it's a clear sign

• Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Soya said:

That's the thing....if scare b4 buying, it's a clear sign

Normal reaction for most Singaporean. 

Best way is to provide longer warranty period 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Normal reaction for most Singaporean. 

Best way is to provide longer warranty period 

Granted that China car may hv improved quite a bit thru the years but the last time they were sold here, they were dismal n left w a reputation in tatters. So can't blame buyers for being sceptical abt it's quality

One way to overcome such negative perception is to offer an unprecedented longer warranty to show confidence in the product quality. The Koreans did this by offering 7yr warranty in many overseas market and it worked

Thot the AD could hv done the same rather than just offering a paltry 3yr warranty and make buyer ownself pay a $10k 'insurance' for 5yr warranty (which is already quite standard in the market) in case buyer scare of its quality. And at $110k, the HS is not exactly bargain basement and there are many choices around that price bracket

• Praise 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Tempting but not at this moment. The MH HS seems like a decent car, pleasantly surprised by its build quality. The interior looks and feels upmarket. Look at the factory leathr seats, they r way better than locally fitted ones. The car also comes fully featured. The not so good aspects are the engine and the transmission. The engine is coarse when u rev above 4000 rpm and it doesnt feel like it has 162hp. The transmission can be lazy and on occasions is slow to react. I think there is room for improvement in its tuning. Having said that, at this price, it's almost a no Brainer imo. In addition u can find lots of accessories and parts affordable priced on taobao. It has been launched earlier in other countries and I have not seen any major complaints from owners. U can join the various MG HS FB groups to know more. 

Edited by Dinkydong

Read online that UK, OZ and New Zealand, all giving 7 years warranty. Don't know why local only giving 3 years. To get 5 years still must top up 9-10K and only offer 1 year/20KM free servicing.

2 hours ago, Soya said:

Granted that China car may hv improved quite a bit thru the years but the last time they were sold here, they were dismal n left w a reputation in tatters. So can't blame buyers for being sceptical abt it's quality

One way to overcome such negative perception is to offer an unprecedented longer warranty to show confidence in the product quality. The Koreans did this by offering 7yr warranty in many overseas market and it worked

Thot the AD could hv done the same rather than just offering a paltry 3yr warranty and make buyer ownself pay a $10k 'insurance' for 5yr warranty (which is already quite standard in the market) in case buyer scare of its quality. And at $110k, the HS is not exactly bargain basement and there are many choices around that price bracket

Guys here in SG, the so called factory warranty clause is often bent and even abused by some AD so much so that by the 5th year, you really begin to wonder what your 5 yrs unlimited mileage warranty actually covers

Please ask the MG SE the following qns.

- Does the 3 or 5 yrs warranty covers EVERY major parts of the car? Confirm if the 5 yrs warranty also cover major accessories such as the whole aircon system INCLUDING the aircon compressor, evaporator. Does it cover the engine ECU, fuel injector, throttle body assembly etc?

-  Does the 5 yrs warranty covers the whole transmission and everything inside? (this one is freakin important, since it has a China made DCT and DCT are not that reliable to begin with) 

- Does the 5 yrs warranty covers engine mounts, wheel bearings, shocks and the whole suspension etc?

- What constitute wear and tear? Some AD I know actually classify water pump, engine mounts as wear and tear! And these parts happens to break down often for that make and u are expected to pay dearly for the parts even during warranty. 

The bottom line is, please do your homework and due diligence before you spent your hard earn money into this unknown. Make sure the expensive parts are really covered by the full 5 yrs warranty and not be cheery picked into a much shorter 1-2 yrs warranty for them in the fine print. MG is anything but a lux car, so svcs cost and experience shouldn't be 'lux' by any measure.   

Rem for the moment, you will prob be hard pressed to find an outside workshop in SG that can handle your MG. Yes parts maybe available over taobao, but for the non chinese speaking crowd here, you will be hard pressed to find the correct parts if u can't read chinese. AliExpress maybe serve u better, but the translated english over there are comical at best, and you are buying the same parts at inflated prices as a result. 

And poor quality parts are common place in Taobao. You need experience to be able to ID which are the good ones. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Guys here in SG, the so called factory warranty clause is often bent and even abused by some AD so much so that by the 5th year, you really begin to wonder what your 5 yrs unlimited mileage warranty actually covers

Please ask the MG SE the following qns.

- Does the 3 or 5 yrs warranty covers EVERY major parts of the car? Confirm if the 5 yrs warranty also cover major accessories such as the whole aircon system INCLUDING the aircon compressor, evaporator. Does it cover the engine ECU, fuel injector, throttle body assembly etc?

-  Does the 5 yrs warranty covers the whole transmission and everything inside? (this one is freakin important, since it has a China made DCT and DCT are not that reliable to begin with) 

- Does the 5 yrs warranty covers engine mounts, wheel bearings, shocks and the whole suspension etc?

- What constitute wear and tear? Some AD I know actually classify water pump, engine mounts as wear and tear! And these parts happens to break down often for that make and u are expected to pay dearly for the parts even during warranty. 

The bottom line is, please do your homework and due diligence before you spent your hard earn money into this unknown. Make sure the expensive parts are really covered by the full 5 yrs warranty and not be cheery picked into a much shorter 1-2 yrs warranty for them in the fine print. MG is anything but a lux car, so svcs cost and experience shouldn't be 'lux' by any measure.   

Rem for the moment, you will prob be hard pressed to find an outside workshop in SG that can handle your MG. Yes parts maybe available over taobao, but for the non chinese speaking crowd here, you will be hard pressed to find the correct parts if u can't read chinese. AliExpress maybe serve u better, but the translated english over there are comical at best, and you are buying the same parts at inflated prices as a result. 

And poor quality parts are common place in Taobao. You need experience to be able to ID which are the good ones. 

fancy AD showrooms.... give u latte n macha... all build into what u gonna spend when u send the car back for servicing and repairs

(edited)
11 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

I went down just now. If u take the base option u can top up $2.5k for the additional 2 yrs warranty. 

Edited by Kar_lover
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I am not looking to change car. But what made me took notice was the price point. For such a brand to come in take market share, under 100k seems the sweet spot.

So if they start charging a few k here and there for the extra 2 year, gtd and non-gtd, top up  etc.... this will turn me off. Cant speak for others though.

For me, not a dollar more. Mind you, there are lots of choices for 100k.

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
40 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

I went down just now. If u take the base option u can top up $2.5k for the additional 2 yrs warranty. 

Oredi ppl scare China car quality no good, AD still expect ppl to pay extra for 5 Yr warranty when 5 Yr warranty oredi quite common in the market for other brands? Good luck

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Soya said:

Oredi ppl scare China car quality no good, AD still expect ppl to pay extra for 5 Yr warranty when 5 Yr warranty oredi quite common in the market for other brands? Good luck

To be fair, i think all these are already factored in. I am happy enough at least they have an option for those who don't want guaranteed but want 5 yrs. At least they don't hold u to ransom of taking both or none. 

By the way i went to 3 showrooms  today. MG was the only one quite full and can see a handful signing the dotted line. The other 2 were ghost towns. No brands mentioned. 

Edited by Kar_lover

Supersonic
32 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

To be fair, i think all these are already factored in. I am happy enough at least they have an option for those who don't want guaranteed but want 5 yrs. At least they don't hold u to ransom of taking both or none. 

By the way i went to 3 showrooms  today. MG was the only one quite full and can see a handful signing the dotted line. The other 2 were ghost towns. No brands mentioned. 

U oso signed oredi?