MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

hmm?  thailand got so many MIT cars, why got MG.

I was in th earlier this year. Saw their plant beside my vendors. They are manufacturing mg cars in th. Not sure if the hs is manufactured there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 10/23/2020 at 5:15 PM, Stratovarius said:

I was in th earlier this year. Saw their plant beside my vendors. They are manufacturing mg cars in th. Not sure if the hs is manufactured there.

https://www.mgcars.com/en/Home

Wow!! Even Thailand have a manufacturing plant for MG! Almost every automobile brand is in Thailand - Detroit of South East Asia. Means good news for owners as you can easily source parts from there.

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

https://www.mgcars.com/en/Home

Wow!! Even Thailand have a manufacturing plant for MG! Almost every automobile brand is in Thailand - Detroit of South East Asia. Means good news for owners as you can easily source parts from there.

Ya. Their plant from the outside is quite impressive. I saw alot of yellow mg3 parked outside. Looks like their staff's cars.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ceecookie said:

Well considering that this car is essentially a Geely with a UK badge, must have proper expectation for the quality of the car.

Main thing is engine and transmission must last, the other cosmetic parts may vary in quality.

Isnt it made by SAIC, not Geely?

But anyway, from Australian reviews, the MG3 isnt that great and the British think that is is unrefined.

From Chinese reviews of the MG6, it has no USP over the usual Civic, or Avante, and it looks bloated. Coupled with its price in China, I dont think that it will be a bargain at all.

Not thrilled at the prospect of a middling Chinese car sold at 100k when for the same 100k you can get a Japanese or Korean car.

• Praise 2

I saw one in person just the other day. Looked like a bog standard Asian SUV of indeterminate make and non-existent character. I had to double check the badge. Sad.

Edited by Turboflat4

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Isnt it made by SAIC, not Geely?

But anyway, from Australian reviews, the MG3 isnt that great and the British think that is is unrefined.

From Chinese reviews of the MG6, it has no USP over the usual Civic, or Avante, and it looks bloated. Coupled with its price in China, I dont think that it will be a bargain at all.

Not thrilled at the prospect of a middling Chinese car sold at 100k when for the same 100k you can get a Japanese or Korean car.

I do not see much prospect for this brand , especially when the cars are from China.  Perhaps it will vanish like geely or chery in Singapore one day.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

For a relatively new brand in Singapore, the price is a bit high considering that there's not much track record for the brand. 100k+  can have a few options.. But if looking for SUV type of car, perhaps its still OK. But the reliability is unknown 

• Haha! 1

their basic cost with the recent round of coe alr 98k and they are selling at 106k. margin only 8k, on par with suzuki swift. 

for this price with a 1.5t and 7spd dct, no horse run. 

but the usual reliability is still yet to be seen since its pretty new.

• Praise 2

just test drove this car today, build quality and interior is impressive, and it drives pretty well too. Was initially considering the CX-5, and although the CX-5 looks better in terms of external asthetics, the interior design/quality and space alone, the MG HS win hands down. I did not even test drive the CX-5 in the end.

Currently driving a 2016 Qashqai and i'm tempted to switch to the MG HS, but has the same concern regarding long-term reliability..

Edited by Kalthus
  • Praise 3

9 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

I do not see much prospect for this brand , especially when the cars are from China.  Perhaps it will vanish like geely or chery in Singapore one day.

Geely will certainly come back...in the form of Proton.

Chery and Changan (Chana and the Benni) ....I hope they come back.

The Tiggo 8 and its derivatives have been blockbusters for the brand the past few months in China. If it comes, 85k will be a good price for a 7 seater.

The only 2 that will not come back is Zotye *bankrupt* and Hafei *non-existent*

I think we should be up in arms against expensive overpriced stuff like Fiats from TTS and Skoda from Harvest, and not products of a certain origin.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Actually this car looks good. I saw it in the MSCP near my house and the 1st look I thought it’s a Jaguar, until I see again then realized that it’s an MG. Just not sure about it’s drive, reliability and the after sales service. The price looks good too. 

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Yes. Perhaps. I tested the car. Felt that the engine was a bit rough. Gear shift was jerky at moving off. Brakes were too soft and had to press hard to stop the vehicle. Not too sure whether anyone had a similar feedback. Interior is certainly top notch though 

• Praise 2

On 10/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, Cow138 said:

Warranty seems a bit short considering that most cars are offering 5 years. 

There is a 5 year option. At the end of the day it all comes down to cost. U can either pay for it or bargain for it. 

12 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

They themselves probably do not have much confidence in the car 

I think i remember u in the korean car threads defending MIKs cars against the anti-MIKs who were making discriminatory comments against the likes of Hyundai and KIA. And here u are doing what they were doing over there - making comments you have no way of knowing to be true. If they don't have confidence, they wouldn't even bring in. You think a company as big as Eurokars group just simply "anyhow"?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1