MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

On 11/1/2020 at 2:03 PM, Tohto said:

Because you don't drive long enough to get use to ut and learn to control.

If you are in a situation that need fast emergency brake to prevent you from an accident,  you will not complaint brake too jiak.

Not really. Grabby brakes doesn't meant shorter braking distance overall when the proper force is applied. 

You can see some car reviewers that complain about such brakes as well. 

• Praise 2

On 12/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, inlinesix said:

Dry clutch DCT can only handle torque to 300NM.

This SUV has 250nm torque only.

Depends on which model of dct, for vw dct on golf/ lower end of cars max torque is 250nm.

Alot of them uplorry early when it's overtuned. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 2

20 hours ago, Hamburger said:

New car refer to AD as it is under Warranty. Why the need to go 3rd party workshop? 

but basic stuff like oil change cabin filter etc is not foc for too long i guess

alot of new car owners using 3rd party ws when their free servicing run out already .

under law it wont effect warrently ( orginal parts must be use )

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

but basic stuff like oil change cabin filter etc is not foc for too long i guess

alot of new car owners using 3rd party ws when their free servicing run out already .

Car under warranty should just go back AD for service. 

Just take it as a premium to pay for any warranty claim, if there is any in the near future. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Car under warranty should just go back AD for service. 

Just take it as a premium to pay for any warranty claim, if there is any in the near future. 

Go back to AD for service makes warranty claims easier.

Don't put oneself in a situation that requires bang table to make warranty claims.

• Praise 2

On 11/23/2020 at 11:43 AM, kelaihoyin said:

MG pricing the ZS EV at 106k for next year delivery due additional rebate. 16k reduction from the current price.

Based on OMV 32k , EV early adoption Incentive should be at 45% ARF (36.8K) = 16.56k. With VES another 25k rebate more, ARF is at minimum 5k.

So effectively ARF difference is now 36.8k-20k(VES)=16.8k (YR2020) - 5k (YR2021) = 11.8K

unless I calculated wrongly but seems the price drop is more than the rebate difference? 😶

yes, you are correct. price drop of 16k is more than the 11k reduction in ARF.

4 hours ago, Hons said:

yes, you are correct. price drop of 16k is more than the 11k reduction in ARF.

yup went down to test drive and 106k is only for either blue colours. the other colours 109k. 

No wonder they say once u go electric u wouldn't want to move back to ICE. 😀

Powertrain is smooth and responsive and refinement is surprisingly good. That surge in torque is particularly fun albeit numb steering feel.

Those who still think china manufacturers can't make good cars is probably still living in stone age. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, kelaihoyin said:

yup went down to test drive and 106k is only for either blue colours. the other colours 109k. 

Powertrain is smooth and responsive and refinement is surprisingly good. That surge in torque is particularly fun albeit numb steering feel.

Those who still think china manufacturers can't make good cars is probably still living in stone age. 

There are still a few forumers here who bash others for commending how far Chinese-made cars have become, can't change their preconceptions. 😉

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

There are still a few forumers here who bash others for commending how far Chinese-made cars have become, can't change their preconceptions. 😉

Can’t agree more!😉

On 12/1/2020 at 8:19 PM, iwonder said:

Test driven the car today and don’t like it as it vibrates too much when stationary. 

Vibrates too much when compared to any make/model specifically?🤔

Compared to Mazda 6, CX-5, Hyundai Avante, Subaru Forester, Skoda Superb as I test driven all of them last weekend. Didn’t like such vibration as I owned a Discovery 4 before, which runs on diesel. 

3 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

Vibrates too much when compared to any make/model specifically?🤔

On 12/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, kelaihoyin said:

Yes, the Jap car use to be known as Milo tin, the Korean car use to be a joke when Hyundai excel still running and Daewo still around, see how far they come. Even the Proton has their X50 n X70. Those that bash China just refuse to see the progress.

Back to MG HS,  it is a nice and good car to drive, Cabin is solid and comfort to be in. it is a car worth buying.

Only short coming is those window glass laminate for sun UV protection and car cam you have to pay.......UV protection  is basic health safety leh.
LTA should mandate this.

• Praise 1

On 12/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, Beregond said:

Yes, 

I think with 3rd party workshop around, the car can sell better because of the assurance of support availability before and after warranty.

I know of a few friends who switch to Two French brand after they know that there are outside workshop that can support.

buying car in Singapore is already a big  “cut carrot head” deal , consumer nowadays not stupid, cannot let people cut carrot all the way down.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1