MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

4 hours ago, tccie said:

Still waiting for COE. Being offered open CAT but must top up. Choose to wait.

How much are they requesting for the top up?

• Praise 1

Who have gotten their HS since the July’s bidding?

How’s the performance so far?

Seems like those in UK are facing some electronic glitches. Eg: radio always turn On whenever the car is switch On. Same even when you off it before switching off the car.

Many beeping sounds here and there when driving.

Thailand seems to have some engine or transmission issues. Oil leaking.

Again, from UK to Middle East to Australia to New Zealand, all the dealers giving 7 years warranty. Wonder why local is only giving 3???

• Haha! 1

On 7/15/2020 at 3:31 PM, Hamburger said:

Problem is by the time I finish charging, I should have reached my destination. 

MG HS EV can support fast DC charging. There are only a few DCFC in KL. When they install 1 or 2 more along the North-South expressway, travelling on EV will be much easier. MG EV battery is a bit too small to reach KL without stopping over. Hyundai Kona long range (more expensive) will do.

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Buffy said:

Seems like those in UK are facing some electronic glitches. Eg: radio always turn On whenever the car is switch On. Same even when you off it before switching off the car.

Again, from UK to Middle East to Australia to New Zealand, all the dealers giving 7 years warranty. Wonder why local is only giving 3???

No AD will offer long and/or comprehensive warranty if they know the cars they sell is projected to be a troublesome model. Rem for every warranty claim they offer to the customer, it's a cost incurred to them. While it is true that they do bill the manufacturer for the parts used, the manpower hours lost attending to warranty claims will largely be a grey area and the recouping process differs among ADs. 

Well I've told u guys before... MG does not have a good reputation in Thailand either. This is why Japs brands still excels over there. 

• Haha! 1

On 7/31/2020 at 9:31 AM, tccie said:

Still waiting for COE. Being offered open CAT but must top up. Choose to wait.

Any recommendation for any specific MG SE to go to or u walked-in?

On 8/3/2020 at 7:47 PM, Buffy said:

Do you have the URL links to the engine/transmission oil leaking issues affecting the MG HS in Thailand?🤔

(edited)
On 8/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, Cheefarn said:

No AD will offer long and/or comprehensive warranty if they know the cars they sell is projected to be a troublesome model. Rem for every warranty claim they offer to the customer, it's a cost incurred to them. While it is true that they do bill the manufacturer for the parts used, the manpower hours lost attending to warranty claims will largely be a grey area and the recouping process differs among ADs. 

Well I've told u guys before... MG does not have a good reputation in Thailand either. This is why Japs brands still excels over there. 

The resale value of cars there for certain locally assembled Jap brands are strong through the years which is 1 of the main reason why those brands excel.

Korean makes there do not excel very well either  as they do not offer as good value to those locally assembled Jap brands.😉

Edited by RevStarZen
Short of a word

On 8/14/2020 at 7:03 PM, RevStarZen said:

The resale value of cars there for certain locally assembled Jap brands are strong through the years which is 1 of the main reason why those brands excel.

Korean makes there do not excel very well either  as they do not offer as good value to those locally assembled Jap brands.😉

I am talking about overall reliability nor resale value. Korea cars in Thailand continues to be reliable like everywhere else in the world. 

THe reason why they are not so popular becos unlike Toyota and Honda, Hyundai and Kia are relatively new players to their CKD market. And Hyundai group has yet to make their Thailand a regional export hub like Toyota and Honda. 

All these will prob change in the future once we are out of this wuhan virus thingy

• Haha! 1

On 8/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, Cheefarn said:

I am talking about overall reliability nor resale value. Korea cars in Thailand continues to be reliable like everywhere else in the world. 

THe reason why they are not so popular becos unlike Toyota and Honda, Hyundai and Kia are relatively new players to their CKD market. And Hyundai group has yet to make their Thailand a regional export hub like Toyota and Honda. 

All these will prob change in the future once we are out of this wuhan virus thingy

Agreed on the reliability of Korean makes which is reliable everywhere else in the world.

The Koreans are not new players to 🇹🇭’s CKD markets either and their imported CBU vehicles costing the same/higher than the locally assembled Jap counterparts where the Jap fetches a higher resale value and is a weighted consideration on Thai’s buyers mind-hence the popularity mirrored the same as our neighbouring country-🇲🇾.😉

Don’t think there are current plans for Hyundai/Kia to make Thailand a regional export hub which they are more keen on India currently as the Hyundai Creta/Kia Seltos had shown.

• Praise 1

My 2 cts. If you want to buy this car, think of it like:

You are not losing an extra $20-30k when you sell it after 3 or 5 years in depreciation compared to say a CH-R/CX-5.

You are saving the $20-30k upfront because to get the same level of build/equipment/features in SG for an SUV, you gonna have to pay $20-30k more.

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

My 2 cts. If you want to buy this car, think of it like:

You are not losing an extra $20-30k when you sell it after 3 or 5 years in depreciation compared to say a CH-R/CX-5.

You are saving the $20-30k upfront because to get the same level of build/equipment/features in SG for an SUV, you gonna have to pay $20-30k more.

That is untrue. The HS OMV is only 20k, and it is extremely unlikely for dealers or even direct buyers to pay $x over scrap just to buy your used HS instead of CX5 or CX30 for eg. 

I can't imagine anyone thinking that wow, that's a nice Chinese car. I need to pay top dollar from the seller so that I can have it no matter what. 

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

That is untrue. The HS OMV is only 20k, and it is extremely unlikely for dealers or even direct buyers to pay $x over scrap just to buy your used HS instead of CX5 or CX30 for eg. 

I can't imagine anyone thinking that wow, that's a nice Chinese car. I need to pay top dollar from the seller so that I can have it no matter what. 

err, I think you need to re-read my post.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:41 PM, RevStarZen said:

Any recommendation for any specific MG SE to go to or u walked-in?

U have PM if i am not too late.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1