MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Saw MG models both in Thailand and Cina.

Ugly.

All depends on which models u saw both in Thailand and China.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder though. LMAO...

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Strange the China influence x70 from proton is not making in roads to Singapore market 

Geely will put their own brand badges for export markets. They use Proton badges in bolehland just to please Dr M and the locals only. 

The X70 and the upcoming Vezel fighter X50 will be built in the Proton factory and then exported to SE Asia countries. 

Whether export markets will get the original Geely No moon badge remains to be seen

8 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

All depends on which models u saw both in Thailand and China.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder though. LMAO...

MG reputation in Thailand is no good actually. One my my ahem... female friend got one one MG hatch but it keep breaking down. She junked it for a new Fortuner in less than a year. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

MG reputation in Thailand is no good actually. One my my ahem... female friend got one one MG hatch but it keep breaking down. She junked it for a new Fortuner in less than a year. 

in thailand, Toyota would probably be a better bet as they have a plant there. In fact, at one point in time, they were selling Vios Turbo , GR "type" of product.

So she is in a good place where unicorn products are available now and then.

https://paultan.org/2005/11/26/toyota-vios-turbo/

image.png.ddcedfba4f27c6fd6067305974ebc75c.png

20 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Within another decade, the world is gonna be flooded with MIC cars, given the vast variety of EVs and much better built quality (within its own price bracket).

It is no secret that many established automobiles manufacturers are rushing to form alliance / JV with Chinese auto manufacturers in bid to tap onto their EV technology and lower production cost.

As I have mentioned in the BYD thread, MIC cars today are very different from just a few years back. Try it out to feel for yourself before writing it off.

In 2020, the world will get Made in Shenyang BMW IX3.

• Praise 1

I’m guessing your female friend must had gotten the older tech 1.5NA MG3 engine and non-tc type which cannot be compared to outgoing MG TC engines of the 1.3/1.5 ones.😉

Edited by RevStarZen

3 minutes ago, RevStarZen said:

I’m guessing your female friend must had gotten the older tech 1.5NA MG3 engine and non-tc type which cannot be compared to outgoing MG TC engines of the 1.3/1.5 ones.😉

Prob so. I am not a fan of these Chinese engines. She said numerous electrical failures 

Anyway Bangkok tends to flood easily. Real SUVs are super popular there for such reasons de. Her MG would prob drown in flood

• Haha! 1

Prob so. I am not a fan of these Chinese engines. She said numerous electrical failures 

Anyway Bangkok tends to flood easily. Real SUVs are super popular there for such reasons de. Her MG would prob drown in flood

Oh well...certain engine model in a make just like Chevy Sonic using old outdated 1.4 NA engine tech from Daewoo previously cannot be compared to GM’s updated TC engine as used in Chevy Orlando’s 1.4 litre. The same goes with MG as well.

Agreed Bangkok needs more of Fortuners, Pajero Sport, Isuzu Mu-X and Utility pick up trucks to navigate those flooded sois smoothly...😉

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

saw this on the road. 

47B873D7-5376-4150-88F1-DFA06DFAA5A9.thumb.jpeg.9c6d69718ee6ed7539f0923b72502d69.jpeg

😍...That’s the pre-facelift ZS but am surprised it’s already on 🇸🇬 roads?🤔

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

saw this on the road. 

47B873D7-5376-4150-88F1-DFA06DFAA5A9.thumb.jpeg.9c6d69718ee6ed7539f0923b72502d69.jpeg

This model is the 1.0T Excite ZS but Eurokars launching the electric version 1st while waiting for facelifted model to be homologated?

91DBAD3C-7BA1-43C5-BD35-75016C9BAFDC.jpeg

Twincharged
32 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

120k and 130k?

Good luck to them.

:grin:

The one and only supporter here in this thread will buy.  Honestly Register and then sell to me at paper I will also think very very hard. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

The one and only supporter here in this thread will buy.  Honestly Register and then sell to me at paper I will also think very very hard. 

At the price-It’s no longer value for money...it’s thinking too highly of the product...Eurokars is better off selling their bread and butter Mazdas...😴

To launch a new brand you either

have a better product at the same price

or have a similar product at a better price.

If not you will lose a lot of money.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

To launch a new brand you either

have a better product at the same price

or have a similar product at a better price.

If not you will lose a lot of money.

Agreed!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1