MCF Pianists / Piano Players Fall In!

therock

Internal Moderator

IMG_20210601_154303.thumb.jpg.6428cfc54639f5ca20c1cb2c40714fc5.jpgIMG_20210601_154330.thumb.jpg.0f492ec894357f13da7e2df6f1668373.jpg

Been learning this for about two months going three and I'm at the halfway mark of the third page (also the third movement). And as I mentioned previously, inbetween I went to learn other easy pieces because I got bored haha. There's lots of repetition for Chopin pieces that when I play through the piece from top to bottom including the repeats, by the third movement, I'm already too exhausted to carry on. Is this normal? Lol. This is also a piece that's way off the charts for my level so I play like a robot. 🥴

Should I finish it or move on then come back again in future?

↡ Advertisement

36 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Looking forward to your recording! So talented to be able to play by ear. I have to die die rely on scores. 

haha...  don't have high expectations. probably just an easy version 😛

(edited)
53 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

IMG_20210601_154303.thumb.jpg.6428cfc54639f5ca20c1cb2c40714fc5.jpgIMG_20210601_154330.thumb.jpg.0f492ec894357f13da7e2df6f1668373.jpg

Been learning this for about two months going three and I'm at the halfway mark of the third page (also the third movement). And as I mentioned previously, inbetween I went to learn other easy pieces because I got bored haha. There's lots of repetition for Chopin pieces that when I play through the piece from top to bottom including the repeats, by the third movement, I'm already too exhausted to carry on. Is this normal? Lol. This is also a piece that's way off the charts for my level so I play like a robot. 🥴

Should I finish it or move on then come back again in future?

LoL...I didn't even know Chopin wrote Waltz. 

He is not famous for Waltz. For Chopin you have to play his Nocturne or 夜曲 . They are more romantic especially when you play it at night. Hence the name Nocturne.

There is one featured in the movie the Pianist. The piece that is played in the beginning in the movie. Nocturne in C-sharp minor.

It is also one of my fav. This is not too difficult to play. Another that is not too difficult is Nocturne in E Flat Major (Op. 9 No. 2). One more I can think of is Chopin's Op 28 Prelude No. 4. Sounds very sad but very easy to play. One page only.

Edited by Watwheels

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

He is not famous for Waltz. For Chopin you have to play his Nocturne. They are more romantic.

There is one featured in the movie the Pianist. The piece that is played in the beginning in the movie. Nocturne in C-sharp minor.

It is also one of my fav. This is not too difficult to play. Another that is not too difficult is Nocturne in E Flat Major (Op. 9 No. 2). One more I can think of is Chopin's Op 28 Prelude No. 4. Sounds very sad but very easy to play. One page only.

I really ike Chopin's Waltz pieces though. Op 69 No 2 and then Op 64 No 2 is my favorite! I'll go take a look at Op 28 Prelude No. 4 though I suspect what's easy for you isn't for me! Haha. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

He is not famous for Waltz. For Chopin you have to play his Nocturne. They are more romantic.

Saw Lang Lang's masterclass with a little boy and then fell in love with the sad tune. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I really ike Chopin's Waltz pieces though. Op 69 No 2 and then Op 64 No 2 is my favorite! I'll go take a look at Op 28 Prelude No. 4 though I suspect what's easy for you isn't for me! Haha. 

It should be easy to find. It is a popular piece.

4 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Saw Lang Lang's masterclass with a little boy and then fell in love with the sad tune. 

LoL...start with the easy ones first. 

Valse has so many black notes switching from sharps to flats....Some Chopin pieces are technically challenging.

8 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Chopin waltz are melancholic. I like especially op64 no2 the running notes. Another section when it switches from C# minor to Db major is also my favorites (using parallel modulation)

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Don't like this though.

Haha...perhaps not many will appreciate it.

But the pianist in the video imo plays it badly.

17 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Haha...perhaps not many will appreciate it.

But the pianist in the video imo plays it badly.

The pianist Paul Barton is actually concert pianist. He had many great pieces under his belt and famous for playing piano to the animals (elephant, monkey etc)

https://fb.watch/5SGnjo7rOd/

Inspired by @BabyBlade playing of To Zanarkand - Final Fantasy X, below is my version of this piece.

Pardon my imperfect playing due to lack of practice. Is play by ear without any music notes from a few listening and solely based on intuition.

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
On 6/4/2021 at 10:33 AM, Giordanogavin said:

Inspired by @BabyBlade playing of To Zanarkand - Final Fantasy X, below is my version of this piece.

Pardon my imperfect playing due to lack of practice. Is play by ear without any music notes from a few listening and solely based on intuition.

Nice! 100% more fluid and more emotions than mine! 

First Love is also one of my favorite jap song! Thanks for playing it. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Nice! 100% more fluid and more emotions than mine! 

First Love is also one of my favorite jap song! Thanks for playing it. 

Thanks and you are welcome! 😀

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

@BabyBlade when are you going to play more song for us. share here 😁

A bit hard because of the large file size. Here's a short one which I recorded in the morning. Not the full video because the file size is huge. 

As usual don't mind the amateur playing.Was also rushing. 🥴

• Praise 4