MCF Pianists / Piano Players Fall In!

therock

Hypersonic
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Thanks.  will post more video if your like my playing 😍

haha this cbd public piano quite well maintained.

the few i've seen around are super chui and out of tune, spoilt keys (Republic Poly and the Tanjong pagar building). Lol.

Edited by Lala81

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Thanks.  will post more video if your like my playing 😍

Please do! Can we request for pieces? Hahaha.

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Karoon said:

My musician friend advised me to go for casio privia series, Yamaha weighted action series, or korg.

What did you end up with? The Privia series is nice but ultimately settled for the Yamaha because of the nicer sound. Should be a matter of user preference.. Haven't really paid much attention to Korg. Might compare around since I think I'll probably not end up changing for now.

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

haha this cbd public piano quite well maintained.

the few i've seen around are super chui and out of tune, spoilt keys (Republic Poly and the Tanjong pagar building). Lol.

This public piano is a yamaha grand C3!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 minute ago, Giordanogavin said:

This public piano is a yamaha grand C3!

That's nice. But nowadays. need to wear gloves to play on public pianos... [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 3

Any japanese anime fans? Always with me from spirited away. A song which brings back memory.

I added in my own improvisations in between. Hope your like it!

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

What did you end up with? The Privia series is nice but ultimately settled for the Yamaha because of the nicer sound. Should be a matter of user preference.. Haven't really paid much attention to Korg. Might compare around since I think I'll probably not end up changing for now.

I went with privia. I like the weight of the keys.

More importantly (lol) they had an offer of a free g-shock when I bought it... worth $300+. Anyway my kids got to grade 4 with it now so no complaints. 

Now I'm just trying to practise bass on my left hand so when I play twinkle2 little star it sounds much more classy. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Karoon said:

My musician friend advised me to go for casio privia series, Yamaha weighted action series, or korg.

I also have one privia elephant at home [laugh]

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Korg is good for sound, privia is good with the fancy mixes, anyway I am a 音痴 know nuts about music.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Giordanogavin said:

Any japanese anime fans? Always with me from spirited away. A song which brings back memory.

Nice! Never watch Spirited Away but I love playing Always with me as well. The melody is sweet and relaxing. Seems like you like to visit places with public places to play the piano?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Korg is good for sound, privia is good with the fancy mixes, anyway I am a 音痴 know nuts about music.

I prefer the Yamaha sound compared to Privia. Subjective I guess!

3 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Nice! Never watch Spirited Away but I love playing Always with me as well. The melody is sweet and relaxing. Seems like you like to visit places with public places to play the piano?

Yeah, i played on public piano around the islands and 'busking' whenever i have the time before CB. Sometimes i can attract mini crowd and applause from them.

10 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

My kid usually plays Anime pieces such as Unravel and Tokyo Ghoul. He doesn't like classical even though he would play them once in while.

As for me, I'm at Alfred Adult Book 1 (but good enough to tell the diff between a grand and an upright). 😂

You're good. Are you also a patient person?

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, firefly20 said:

My kid usually plays Anime pieces such as Unravel and Tokyo Ghoul. He doesn't like classical even though he would play them once in while.

As for me, I'm at Alfred Adult Book 1 (but good enough to tell the diff between a grand and an upright). 😂

You're good. Are you also a patient person?

Well, i guess you will need patient when u practice especially on difficult passage. As there is saying practices  makes perfect. Besides, passion is utmost important. Without passion there will be no patient 😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2