MCF Pianists / Piano Players Fall In!

therock

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Cool. Then he's really enjoying it on his own leisure.
U don't need certification unless u are going to be pursuing as a career.

I’ve this friend who told me she was forced to take piano exams when young by her parents. The last time she touched the piano was at her G8 practical exam. Such was her dislike for the coercion. 

I decided that this is not going to happen for my kid. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, claraelite said:

studied piano for 8 years, but i dont have the talent .. hahaha

8 years is a long time. Anyway don’t really need talent if one is happy just to play for oneself. I mean 99.99% of us are not going to be a Lang Lang or Yiruma. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, firefly20 said:

I’ve this friend who told me she was forced to take piano exams when young by her parents. The last time she touched the piano was at her G8 practical exam. Such was her dislike for the coercion. 

I decided that this is not going to happen for my kid. 

I have seen many cases where the parents force the kids to take piano exams. In the end the children loss interest and passion in piano. They play just to pass exams and give up after.

For me i start late in piano as adult learners and i am self taught. Hence, i can just play whatever song i like and keep the interest going.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

I have seen many cases where the parents force the kids to take piano exams. In the end the children loss interest and passion in piano. They play just to pass exams and give up after.

For me i start late in piano as adult learners and i am self taught. Hence, i can just play whatever song i like and keep the interest going.

piano is the #2 CCA for primary school students,  #1 is swimming [laugh]  or should it be the other way round. 

7 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

piano is the #2 CCA for primary school students,  #1 is swimming [laugh]  or should it be the other way round. 

Swimming should be #1 as is life saving skills.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Really? I tot tuition is the #1 CCA for young students nowadays. 

• Haha! 1

On 5/27/2020 at 9:45 AM, Giordanogavin said:

Thanks.  will post more video if your like my playing 😍

Would you be playing liebestraum or moonlight sonata? Sorry old uncle here prefers classical instead of Anime pieces. 

I'm trying to coax my son to let me record him playing a piece and share here.

But adolescent kids are a little hard to cajole, so got to be patient. 

On 5/30/2020 at 6:13 PM, Giordanogavin said:

Self motivation is the best, with inner passion.  Will go a long way.

Those kena forced, just wasting time and money.  

Many parents don't understand this. Even for tuition, if the student has no interest in the subject, no tuition is going make him/her excel.

So to address the issue, the parents got to find a way to fire up the kid's interest in that subject first, before talking about tuition. 

Sometimes its not the lack of subject interest that's the problem,  it's some underlying issue with the kid. The problem could be a holistic one in the kid. 

• Praise 1

Oldies are goodies.

Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley.

Happy Fathers day!

“You need Power, only when you want to do something harmful otherwise Love is enough to get everything done.”
-- Charlie Chaplin

• Praise 1

On 12/26/2019 at 5:33 PM, Karoon said:

I can't recommend u my daughter's piano teacher. Everytime come wear very skimpy, show half ball, wear miniskirt.

It made me very upset that the wife wouldn't let me take up lessons too.

She must be good btw as my kid gets high scores for the grade exams.

Please connect me, I have a sudden urge to learn music. Pity she doesn't teach the violin, I'd love to play with her G string. 😁

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Please connect me, I have a sudden urge to learn music. Pity she doesn't teach the violin, I'd love to play with her G string. 😁

Don’t bluff...you’d love to remove the string and play with the node underneath it instead

• Haha! 1

On 12/28/2019 at 8:58 AM, Aloe111 said:

I also bought a casio px 770 recently for my kids who are learning from lowrey.

Btw, how's the performance of PX 770? 

Supercharged

Me thinking of getting a keyboard for my 4 year old boy to play with see if he is interested.. not looking at proper lessons till 1-2 years later if he is interested.. thinking maybe keyboard like the ct-x700 or digital piano like the px-160.. any thoughts n recommendations?

23 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Me thinking of getting a keyboard for my 4 year old boy to play with see if he is interested.. not looking at proper lessons till 1-2 years later if he is interested.. thinking maybe keyboard like the ct-x700 or digital piano like the px-160.. any thoughts n recommendations?

Just get something 100 or 200 dollars. Or used. Your would get rid of it becos he loses interest or he getting serious. 

Won't be so heart pain. 

• Praise 2

36 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

rather sign her up for some free trial, if she is interested can start playing at the school, no need to waste money to buy until she really interested and ready to sit for exam.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Just get something 100 or 200 dollars. Or used. Your would get rid of it becos he loses interest or he getting serious. 

Won't be so heart pain. 

Agree. Most kids I know drop this hobby along the way. But it's still nice if children are able to learn music for a year or two.

The internet is awashed with examples on the benefits of playing the piano. True or false, you decide. 😀

https://www.pianoemporium.com/10-benefits-playing-piano

Supercharged
On 7/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, Volvobrick said:

Won't be so heart pain. 

currently got a small casio sa-76 for him to play with.. maybe it's more of me itching to buy a bigger keyboard to play with.. 😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2