MCF Pianists / Piano Players Fall In!

therock

Supercharged
On 7/16/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jman888 said:

rather sign her up for some free trial, if she is interested can start playing at the school, no need to waste money to buy until she really interested and ready to sit for exam.

will sign him up for free trial in a year or 2 when older, when covid situation is better..  

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jman888 said:

rather sign her up for some free trial, if she is interested can start playing at the school, no need to waste money to buy until she really interested and ready to sit for exam.

hmm no lah. u need to practice few times a week even at the start. Go for weekly lesson and do nothing in between is waste time.

I used to painfully get my kid to practice 1-2 times a week even during yamaha junior course. Makes a huge difference.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

(edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, Tkseah said:

Me thinking of getting a keyboard for my 4 year old boy to play with see if he is interested.. not looking at proper lessons till 1-2 years later if he is interested.. thinking maybe keyboard like the ct-x700 or digital piano like the px-160.. any thoughts n recommendations?

Interest honestly doesn't develop like this. Go for a proper music school introductory course. Yamaha Junior course or what.

My son has limited interest in playing until he started lessons proper. Even though my girl is about 1.5 years ahead of him in learning and we had keyboard or piano in the house since.

Unless you or your wife is musically inclined and can do the role of the "teacher"

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

On 7/16/2020 at 12:33 AM, Jusnel said:

Btw, how's the performance of PX 770? 

Not too bad for learning. Saves space compared to full sized piano.

Internal Moderator

Anyone knows if Robert Piano is the only Kawai authorised dealer in Singapore? Anywhere else to get a Kawai? Looking at the CN39 but they told me that it's currently sold out. One of the reseller is Play By Ear by they don't carry the model I want. I'm comparing between the CN39 vs the CLP-735/745, Yamaha's new Clavinova series. But heart is swaying towards Kawai. The CA48 is also in my list but its an older model with lesser functions (no USB). 

CN39W- $2,800

preview_2.thumb.jpg.955ff67371f8ebf4426239bf1c19c432.jpg

CLP735 ($2,700), CLP745 ($3,400)

1964965004_Clavinova-CLP-Series-Yamaha-CLP735-white-88-Keys-Digital-Electronic-Keyboard-Piano-Singap-ic-Works-Absolute-Piano-The-Music-of-life-Roland-KORG-Ca(1).jpg.4a08c2c17f3cf7840873abea6ce8df28.jpg

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Forget about kawaii, the sound sucks. 

Firstly its Kawai, not Kawaii. Secondly, sound is subjective and perhaps it's a lot to do with ear of the beholder. Thirdly, if Kawai sucks, what's your suggestion then? 

8 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Anyone knows if Robert Piano is the only Kawai authorised dealer in Singapore? Anywhere else to get a Kawai? Looking at the CN39 but they told me that it's currently sold out. One of the reseller is Play By Ear by they don't carry the model I want. I'm comparing between the CN39 vs the CLP-735/745, Yamaha's new Clavinova series. But heart is swaying towards Kawai. The CA48 is also in my list but its an older model with lesser functions (no USB). 

CN39W- $2,800

1964965004_Clavinova-CLP-Series-Yamaha-CLP735-white-88-Keys-Digital-Electronic-Keyboard-Piano-Singap-ic-Works-Absolute-Piano-The-Music-of-life-Roland-KORG-Ca(1).jpg.4a08c2c17f3cf7840873abea6ce8df28.jpg

ever consider Korg?

$1,949.00 -14% | Authorized Seller -Made In Japan Korg G1 Air Black Digital Piano Bluetooth with Storage Bench and Audio Technica Headphones Piano Store Singapore | https://s.lazada.sg/s.H0xU

Screenshot_20200812-074751_Lazada.jpg

55 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

ever consider Korg?

$1,949.00 -14% | Authorized Seller -Made In Japan Korg G1 Air Black Digital Piano Bluetooth with Storage Bench and Audio Technica Headphones Piano Store Singapore | https://s.lazada.sg/s.H0xU

My friend's Korg is spoilt, need to go for repairs. Not very old also. Maybe 2-3 years. Just light user only. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Forget about kawaii, the sound sucks. 

Digital piano mostly japanese bah. Unless there are higher end european brands. 

5 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Firstly its Kawai, not Kawaii. Secondly, sound is subjective and perhaps it's a lot to do with ear of the beholder. Thirdly, if Kawai sucks, what's your suggestion then? 

hahaha he has to listen to a lot of piano music throughout his day [laugh] So he's fussy [:p]

On 7/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, Lala81 said:

Interest honestly doesn't develop like this. Go for a proper music school introductory course. Yamaha Junior course or what.

My son has limited interest in playing until he started lessons proper. Even though my girl is about 1.5 years ahead of him in learning and we had keyboard or piano in the house since.

Unless you or your wife is musically inclined and can do the role of the "teacher"

My wife is teaching my son but still need to send my boy to the proper music studio.

Like all children do they "listen" to their teacher more than their parents. 

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My wife is teaching my son but still need to send my boy to the proper music studio.

Like all children do they "listen" to their teacher more than their parents. 

yup. Best way. Your wife supplement can liao. 

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

hahaha he has to listen to a lot of piano music throughout his day [laugh] So he's fussy [:p]

Haha why is that so? Am I missing something out? 

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

ever consider Korg?

Screenshot_20200812-074751_Lazada.jpg

Looking for a cabinet style digital piano so Korg is out. 

10 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

CN39W- $2,800

My wife is very happy with her Kawai, and it was recommended to her by a concert pianist friend, who uses it to practise in her room. 

↡ Advertisement