Nissan going bankrupt?

SeriousGuy

38 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Ha!  My Sunny conked out 11th year after I renewed 10 years COE and fresh coat of paint. Really a bummer! 

Duckily, COE bareland is refunable. Tank u LteeA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Ha!  My Sunny conked out 11th year after I renewed 10 years COE and fresh coat of paint. Really a bummer! 

Mind sharing How bad is the problem?

What is the problem ?

The peoblem is beyond repair ?

Or not worth preparing at all? 

32 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Mind sharing How bad is the problem?

What is the problem ?

The peoblem is beyond repair ?

Or not worth preparing at all? 

Okay to repair.  It was the throttle dunno what,  I cannot remember.  Stockist no spare part and WS managed to salvage from scrapyard.  Conked within 10 days after repair. 

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Don't think Nissan will bankrupt. They are very strong in their financial strength. I think they are doing restructuring.

ya, i think they are undone by their internal battle of the jap vs french more then anything else...

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

I guess not only sunny la, many cars high chance conked out after the 10th year. 😂 I have friends who have renewed their honda and subaru, their cars also starts to give them problem between 11th to 13th year. 

• Praise 3

I think the Japanese traditionalist running the company dont want a foreigner taking the helm regardless of how good he is at management. If I'm not wrong they are looking to oust the foreign company as well.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Don't think Nissan will bankrupt. They are very strong in their financial strength. I think they are doing restructuring.

Nissan nearly go bankurpt in 2001

On 12/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, t0y0ta said:

Nissan has been going downhill for a number of years, in terms of vehicle quality, marketing and desirability.

For SG, some of the blame should be lay on distributor Tan Chong, which is in my opinion one of the poorer ones in this industry, even worse than Borneo Motors.

Infiniti actually did quite well here, considering their laggard vehicle line-up, ever since Wearnes brought them back in again.

Trying distributing Proton in SG?  Lol

Nissan has underinvested for years, not much new models, what can Tan Chong do?  

Carlos had been running it with a strong focus on cost management, sharing parts and platforms to maximize/ drive volume to compete against the likes of Toyota and VW, etc.  Not sure if the alliance is falling apart as the auto business is really a volume game these days. Maybe that is why Renault is talking to Fiat now.

Just sharing what I have read but i don't think the Japs will let Nissan goes bankrupt (If you believe in the conspiracy theory) after wrestling back control.  

https://paultan.org/2019/12/31/nissan-to-severely-cut-costs-due-to-slumping-profits/

Its a downward spiral. U cut cost severely, where are u gonna have the $$ to develop new highly desirable cars?

And if you have no highly competitive and be able to stand out from the competition models, why would customers buy from you instead of your competitors?

Your GTR maybe powerful, but its over 12 yrs old and the car pricing is such that its not for the masses. And frankly the styling is beginning to age severely these days. Cabin quality also doesn't look like its worth that much money. 

I see Nissan going the way of Mitsubishi, prob dying even sooner.  

• Praise 1

On 1/2/2020 at 1:54 PM, Cheefarn said:

https://paultan.org/2019/12/31/nissan-to-severely-cut-costs-due-to-slumping-profits/

Its a downward spiral. U cut cost severely, where are u gonna have the $$ to develop new highly desirable cars?

And if you have no highly competitive and be able to stand out from the competition models, why would customers buy from you instead of your competitors?

Your GTR maybe powerful, but its over 12 yrs old and the car pricing is such that its not for the masses. And frankly the styling is beginning to age severely these days. Cabin quality also doesn't look like its worth that much money. 

I see Nissan going the way of Mitsubishi, prob dying even sooner.  

When Renault and Nissan merged, it was an okay deal for Renault, and an abysmally bad deal for Nissan.

Unfortunately for Nissan, some of that awful reliability issues from Renault have metastasized into Nissan's line-up.

Now Nissan JATCO CVTs are amongst the most notorious in the market (note Gosn didn't make the getaway in a Nissan with a CVT, the possibilty of breakdown too high).

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 hours ago, DK3410 said:

When Renault and Nissan merged, it was an okay deal for Renault, and an abysmally bad deal for Nissan.

Unfortunately for Nissan, some of that awful reliability issues from Renault have metastasized into Nissan's line-up.

Now Nissan JATCO CVTs are amongst the most notorious in the market (note Gosn didn't make the getaway in a Nissan with a CVT, the possibilty of breakdown too high).

when you say JATCO CVT does it mean the curreny Xtronic CVTs nissan has for its car now?

Supercharged
29 minutes ago, StreamRSZ said:

when you say JATCO CVT does it mean the curreny Xtronic CVTs nissan has for its car now?

Just that Toyota uses exclusively Aisin group transmissions, Nissan uses Jatco as their supplier.

Aisin group is owned by Toyota.

Jatco is owned by Nissan

↡ Advertisement