Nissan going bankrupt?

SeriousGuy

Twincharged

Let's say Nissan went bankrupt.. What will happen to those who is still currently driving Nissan cars? Like those that still under warranty, will warranty still be covered? Then insurance how? No more original car parts coz went bankrupt and need aftermarket part and then insurance will cover for aftermarket part repair? 

1 hour ago, StreamRSZ said:

oh dear, this doesnt look good. we we see TC close shop given this situation.

I think ah seng aquarium can still be open for business as usual...

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Let's say Nissan went bankrupt.. What will happen to those who is still currently driving Nissan cars? Like those that still under warranty, will warranty still be covered? Then insurance how? No more original car parts coz went bankrupt and need aftermarket part and then insurance will cover for aftermarket part repair? 

not too sure man. but can always import in from other countries for the parts. anyway i thought nissan was bought over by renault? unless renault is parting ways with nissan.

anyway nissan is not doing well even before covid19 starts already. so this is a concern also if nissan really goes bankrupt. i think most owners owning one will want to quickly sell theirs off? hopefully this is not the case for nissan bankruptcy.

Twincharged
9 hours ago, Yewheng said:

parts are made by other manufacturers. as long as there is demand, parts will always be made.

• Praise 3

Twincharged
(edited)
12 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

oh dear, this doesnt look good. we we see TC close shop given this situation.

Tan Chong is a very Big Group,won't Close Shop,even Nissan fold up,Nissan Fold up,it is none of Tan Chong's Business,they can easily get another Brand of Car to Sell..Anyway,Tan Chong also never bring in alot of Models...only some ''boring'' Models.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Tan Chong is a very Big Group,won't Close Shop,even Nissan fold up,Nissan Fold up,it is none of Tan Chong's Business,they can easily get another Brand of Car to Sell..Anyway,Tan Chong also never bring in alot of Models...only some ''boring'' Models.

yes, you are right. TC is just a authorized dealer for nissan vehicle. yea i agree TC only bring in boring models and that goes back to nissan, manufacturing boring B&B models.

Twincharged

Anyway,Tan Chong already make alot of Money selling Nissan,Cars,Vans & Lorries...From the best seller Sunny to Cabstar Lorries....

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Anyway,Tan Chong already make alot of Money selling Nissan,Cars,Vans & Lorries...From the best seller Sunny to Cabstar Lorries....

i thot van and lorrys are from PI? 

Many PI are somehow resellers.

The only attractive van they have now is the NV350.

Who the heck wants petrol powered Cabstar or even NV 200, if possible?

Petrol is expensive and non-deductible as company expenses. Moreover petrol is less efficient and durable than diesel.

Triple whammy.

When TC introduced only petrol versions, they should be prepared to goodbye to their sales.

10 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

True, car biz is not the main biz for Tan Chong Group. They are into properties, service apartments, etc too.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

parts are made by other manufacturers. as long as there is demand, parts will always be made.

Parts will not be an issue at least for the next 10-15yrs. Just like what happened to Rover and Saab. Still can get parts...just need time to ship in.

Twincharged

My Company have a NV350 & 2 Cabstars Lorries from Tan Chong,only last Year,they bought in the Petrol Lorries,which is very poor Sales to them,Nissan does not want to make a Euro 5 Diesel Lorry for such a small Market...

Twincharged
On 5/27/2020 at 11:09 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Still can buy. Even if they really bye bye, I think Japan govt will bail them out one.

Probably nissan and mazda need to merge for jap govt to pump in the money for it to make sense.

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Probably nissan and mazda need to merge for jap govt to pump in the money for it to make sense.

This is a volume game, the smaller players must merge and share cost to survive.

Mazda and Nissan? Care to share your source?

Twincharged
(edited)
17 hours ago, Voodooman said:

This is a volume game, the smaller players must merge and share cost to survive.

Mazda and Nissan? Care to share your source?

No source. Just that these 2 were recently mention on financial brink of collapse.

Previuosly ford came to the rescue for mazda, volvo, jag,

Unless renault and nissan renew their breakup, its going to be hard to imagine who else would be a good partner.

On a worst case scenerio, the korean may want a piece of the pie.

All above are speculation.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1