Nissan going bankrupt?

SeriousGuy

"This week Nissan's stock hit lows not seen since September 2011 after Jun Seki, its vice chief operating officer and a former contender for CEO, said he was leaving the firm to become the president of Nidec Corp."

Japanese staff never leave their companies one.

One company one life.

This smart one has changed the rules and is out the door.

Every man for himself.

:grin:

• Praise 2

Nissan has been going downhill for a number of years, in terms of vehicle quality, marketing and desirability.

For SG, some of the blame should be lay on distributor Tan Chong, which is in my opinion one of the poorer ones in this industry, even worse than Borneo Motors.

Infiniti actually did quite well here, considering their laggard vehicle line-up, ever since Wearnes brought them back in again.

23 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Nissan has been going downhill for a number of years, in terms of vehicle quality, marketing and desirability.

For SG, some of the blame should be lay on distributor Tan Chong, which is in my opinion one of the poorer ones in this industry, even worse than Borneo Motors.

Infiniti actually did quite well here, considering their laggard vehicle line-up, ever since Wearnes brought them back in again.

Eh? I thought it was because of crappy Renault? Japanese quality down the drain with crap French rubbish. Let see if Mercedes suffers the same fate with crap co developed Renault engines. 
the only French automotive product which I will wholeheartedly buy is Michelin tires. Any other French is bleeeh. Valeo Is rubbish as well. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 3

29 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Yeah , their engine lineup in the last few years are terrible. Coupled with their CvT gearbox from Jatco, it makes for a slurring and horrible drive. 

I used to own the G11 Sylphy and I don’t miss it .

In Singapore, the downhill for Tan Chong is really on the wall with the closing of their flagship Bukit Timah showroom and sale of their Toa Payoh facility .

Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 2

12 minutes ago, No_worries said:

Yeah , their engine lineup in the last few years are terrible. Coupled with their CvT gearbox from Jatco, it makes for a slurring and horrible drive. 

I used to own the G11 Sylphy and I don’t miss it .

In Singapore, the downhill for Tan Chong is really on the wall with the closing of their flagship Bukit Timah showroom and sale of their Toa Payoh facility .

Every time I hear the Nissan local radio ad tagline "Innovations that Excite" , I always snigger to myself. Other than the 12-year old GT-R, there is nothing innovative or exciting about the local Nissan line up.

Advertising is so removed from reality. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Had a 1.5 year old Nissan QQ and was the worst car I ever got .

had issues within a month of delivery in which it just randomly stalls , was never fully fixed by TC.

glad I got rid of it and am never going back to Nissan ever again.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Jaglin84 said:

had issues within a month of delivery in which it just randomly stalls , was never fully fixed by TC.

Reminds me of the early 2000s when Nissan also had a similar issue with their 1st batch N16 sunny. Owners reported stalling issues when they did a 3 point turn. They rectified the don’t know what sensor or something like that.

35 minutes ago, Jaglin84 said:

Oops, Renault engine and made worse by being manufactured by our ex colonial masters. British Car manufacturing is just as hopeless as French designed cars. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Jaglin84 said:

Looks like the qashqai has lots of problem? Even though this car sells like hotcake in 2015 onwards?! 

You sold off your barely 1.5 year old car? So what car you have changed le? 😂

For Sg's case, nissan + Subaru = double whammy for the Tan family. 1 has an ah pek image and 1 has an ah beng image.

Edited by Koster
Typo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

16 minutes ago, Koster said:

For Sg's case, nissan + Subaru = double whammy for the Tan family. 1 has an ah pek image and 1 has an ah beng image.

But subaru their XV and forester sales not bad le.

2 hours ago, No_worries said:

Reminds me of the early 2000s when Nissan also had a similar issue with their 1st batch N16 sunny. Owners reported stalling issues when they did a 3 point turn. They rectified the don’t know what sensor or something like that.

Actually  this n16 sunny is 1 of the most reliable car on sg road. Along with lancer cs3

extremely  lasting even 10years onward. The only downside  is sunny fc is very poor

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

I had the Teana 2.5 V6 for 10 years (1 owner) and it was a fantastic car for its price. I test drove the Camry 2.4 before placing the deposit for the Teana  and i found the Camry pure rubbish just after 100m of moving off from from the showroom.

I will be surprised if Nissan goes bankrupt. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Nav14 said:

I had the Teana 2.5 V6 for 10 years (1 owner) and it was a fantastic car for its price. I test drove the Camry 2.4 before placing the deposit for the Teana  and i found the Camry pure rubbish just after 100m of moving off from from the showroom.

I will be surprised if Nissan goes bankrupt. 

The Teana V6 is still made In Japan,the Later Thai made Teana also rubbish....even Tan Chong stopped bring in the Teana.

↡ Advertisement