Lucky Plaza PHV Crash: 2 Filipinas Killed Instantly, 4 Seriously Injured - 29/12/19

RadX

15 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

No need to post if it's out there as you said then posters can watch it out there.

No need for sensationalism by you on here.

You don't get to police what's posted here.

I (and other users) may want to see something. 

If it doesn't contravene the rules of the forum, and it's posted with a warning, I don't see anything wrong with it. 

It seems there's too much frivolous moral policing these days.

Reminds me of this:

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

13 minutes ago, RadX said:

On that same token , you can damn well choose to ignore .   

sensationalism? That’s your theory 

my final reply on this and dun try telling others how to run a forum when you can’t get your own priorities right!

Don't get your nickers in a twist this is up for discussion as many above have done and which I have also done.

What benefit is there in showing those videos where two people have lost their lives.

Dangerous driving on our roads may help us be aware of other drivers and we can learn from them.

What can we learn from those videos.

8 minutes ago, awhtc said:

This accident aside, Honda Vezel can hit 0-100 km/h in about 8+ sec.  Hence, it is possible in about 3+ sec to hit 80 km/h if it is already moving.

We just have to be careful with accelerator and brake pedals as there were several fatal accidents involving mistakes.  One way to differentiate them is by driving bare footed or just socks to feel the pedal shape and compression force.

No way it will hit 80kmh in 3+ seconds. I have at least 280bhp and I don’t even get that timing

Even if you accidentally step wrongly, you also won’t beLikely stomp or your brakes and accelerator pedals

• Praise 7

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You don't get to police what's posted here.

I (and other users) may want to see something. 

If it doesn't contravene the rules of the forum, and it's posted with a warning, I don't see anything wrong with it. 

It seems there's too much frivolous moral policing these days.

Whatever else it is and whatever you say it is not frivolous moral posting.

'Serious car accident outside Lucky Plaza, several believed to be injured '

Dunno if that's considered a warning.

Edited by Neutrino

5A93E65F-D3D6-43D1-9AB9-03358C7F909E.thumb.jpeg.c51947a67d1f38feb4010ff8979b3dc8.jpegHigh chance, this happened as phv was exiting side road.

could have overtook a car ( lots of them blocking main nutmeg road) and could have lost control

5A93E65F-D3D6-43D1-9AB9-03358C7F909E.jpeg

31846AE7-3446-4450-92FA-D3B8E18ADB6C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Hopefully the in car camera will have footage of what happened.

and also nearby public cctv footage.

Yup

there are some clinics Along the road and they could provide the necessary evidence

nonetheless hope when I go there next wk, there will be less crowded walkways. That stretch is always waiting for such an event to happen 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

If you’ve seen the video, the car crashed thru the railings and fell into the road down.

the above is not true at all.

That is why, distasteful as it might be, videos from bystanders are useful in case people try to change the description of events.

Though whether the videos should be in social media or not is another story.

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

No way it will hit 80kmh in 3+ seconds. I have at least 280bhp and I don’t even get that timing

Even if you accidentally step wrongly, you also won’t beLikely stomp or your brakes and accelerator pedals

A confused panicked mind will stomp on the accelerator pedal. I have seen novice go-karters do it. When you step lightly on what you thought is the brake pedal, and you don't get the feedback that you are slowing down, the next reaction would be to step even harder on the pedal to "brake" harder. Unfortunately that pedal is actually the accelerator. 

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

That is why, distasteful as it might be, videos from bystanders are useful in case people try to change the description of events.

Though whether the videos should be in social media or not is another story.

We can agree to disagree here and some puritans think otherwise

let them be

What's wrong with reposting videos from the main stream media???

Like that what is there to discuss if no video??? All the reckless videos here are reposting from FB or YouTube what. 

• Praise 6

27 minutes ago, RadX said:

could have overtook a car ( lots of them blocking main nutmeg road) and could have lost control

learnt a new road name today - Nutmeg Road. Wah, last time really got nutmeg plantation

Originating in the Banda Islands, these were first sent to Singapore by Raffles in 1819. By the 1830s, the so-called nutmeg mania kicked off. At its peak in 1848, there were 55,925 nutmeg trees in Singapore. Many of these plantations were along Orchard Road.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

What's wrong with reposting videos from the main stream media???

Like that what is there to discuss if no video??? All the reckless videos here are reposting from FB or YouTube what. 

Forget it la bro

“one swallow does not a summer make”

The logic is we Shd link to the videos there on social media 

if on that token of theory might as well close mcf and all go fb

The reason I surf mcf is the regulated comments and of course the convenience of the consolated videos from various sources.

If that convenievence is gone, what good is mcf??

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Neutrino said:

Whatever else it is and whatever you say it is not frivolous moral posting.

'Serious car accident outside Lucky Plaza, several believed to be injured '

Dunno if that's considered a warning.

It depends if you hold mods to a higher moral standard

But mods are also human and are entitled to their own normal interaction

Keep in mind mods are not gods, especially those that pander to your specific preferences.

• Praise 3

Everyone take a beer and let's cool off... just because the year end rainy season has ended, we can still keep cool... 

I'll be having my fav mee pok again tomorrow for lunch, buzz me la, don't poke one another ok?

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Oh.. Just saw the video.. Ya.. The driver crash through railings.. The lady in the video did her best.. She quickly climb though the railings and down.. But there is nothing she and the other guy could do.. 

Hope the person who has the original video to send to police for them to do the investigation. That video is super clear cut.. Driver just went down the railing..

Saw another video a guy in red shirt coordinating people to lift the car up and he roughly pulled the girl out.

She was limp when she got free. IMO, definitely not the right way to do it. He should have waited for paramedics to arrive.

Knn pull like a rag doll. Likely he caused further damage to the victim.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

https://www.scdf.gov.sg/home/about-us/information/scdf-emergency-medical-services

under FAQ

1. Which hospital will patient be conveyed to?

Patients will be conveyed to the nearest appropriate Ministry of Health-designated hospital by travel time.  The fastest arrival of patients at the nearest hospital with the appropriate medical facility can make all the difference between life and death in an emergency. 

2. Can patients request for SCDF emergency ambulances to send them to any hospital of their choice?

SCDF emergency ambulances will only convey patients to the nearest appropriate Ministry of Health-designated hospital by travel time with the appropriate medical facility so that they can receive immediate medical attention.

Mt E A&E is not a full fledged tertiary A&E.

I can only say that the staffing and setup there is not the same level as those from govt hospital A&E. 

I will classify it as a large 24hr GP urgent setup with a large pool of eager private trauma surgeons on quick dial to rush down in their porsche/maseratis. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

33 minutes ago, Solar said:

Saw another video a guy in red shirt coordinating people to lift the car up and he roughly pulled the girl out.

She was limp when she got free. IMO, definitely not the right way to do it. He should have waited for paramedics to arrive.

Knn pull like a rag doll. Likely he caused further damage to the victim.

My feel is that she was already gone by the time they coordinated to lift the vezel. 

The impact of the crash, fall from 3m, having the full weight of car (with broken suspension) resting on the chest, she would have been asphyxiated if not from her other injuries. 

But yeah, even if to pull her out, the person should have taken more care even in the state of panic/adrenaline rush. 

Those bystanders screaming from above are not helping. 

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8