Lucky Plaza PHV Crash: 2 Filipinas Killed Instantly, 4 Seriously Injured - 29/12/19

RadX

13 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I have observed taxis swaying on lane one quite a few times. I would a quick flashed at them. Some of them would go steady for a while...

Might be dozing off. I experienced that once, and a near miss.

Had to quickly on hazard and catch a 5 min quick nap at the shoulder. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Could be. This is why i have stopped wearing sandals and slippers during driving now. Only wear covered shoes. 

I drive bare foot. Well, with a sock on the right leg, bcuz it was giving me callus.

Then when I came out to help rider with their luggage, the first thing they would comment is I lost one sock.

1 hour ago, Fuelsaver said:

Sandals might be jammed during accel. Car mat might be dual layer overlay, esp maggimee type. My suspect though

I ever had one case.  I was driving my auto avante with slippers and I decided to drive barefoot.  The road was empty and near my block.

So I was moving slowly to turn into the MSCP when  wanted to slow down.  I pressed the brake.  The  brake pedal did not move.  I stomped on it.  It did not move.  I quickly glanced down and saw that my slippers was between the brake pedal and the floor.  I quickly used my leg to sweep the slipper away and stopped.

Now.  My car was very slow.  No danger at all. But of cos I did not panic.... 

But I can imagine if the driver had been accelerating (maybe slowly) and the slipper got caught between the brake and the floor.  He try to stop to no avail so the car just increase speed or maintain speed (since it was downslope) and the crash happen.

My two cents.  Now I NEVER drive barefoot.  And if for any reason I have to remove my footwear and be in the drivers seat, my footwear is always on the floor on the passenger side.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Solar said:

Same. At first a little uncomfortable but slowly you'll find that it is better as it gets more 'feel' from the foot. 

Only thing is troublesome to kick the slipper to my passengers side and wear back when I'm done 🤣

Those who take off their footwear and drive barefooted, must remember to move your footwear to passenger side or rear seat area. As i notice many people just left their footwear at the driver side, the footwear might accidentally move forward and got stuck at the pedals.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Fuelsaver said:

I believe you depressed accel when you thought was brake during panic

No.... But I certainly pressed the accelerator too hard and was too panicked to hit the brakes.

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Panic and anxious, both can do a lot of things that beyond our imagination. Thats why when things happened, try not to panic or anxious. But how many people can calm down when things happened?!

You can tell yourself that you should not panick. But when stuff happens, that's when you really know if you can handle the stress or not.

Just like our saf. All garang soldier during training and exercise. When their buddies start getting blown up on front up of them, think 90% will start crying for Mommy. I'm sure I'll be one of them 😉

• Praise 1

55 minutes ago, RadX said:

Not sure why Singapore folks like to talk about whether they followed SOP.

The conversation should be whether the SOP is correct or not.

• Praise 1

Saw this old post in the Vezel thread

Posted May 24, 2017

Hi guys, a friend just bought a vezel hybrid 2 weeks ago.

The car would sudden lost power while cruising (foot on accelerator pedal)

He required to release pedal and re-accelerate again.

Any advice on what could happen?

Thanks

Could the uncle have experienced this?

35 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Those who take off their footwear and drive barefooted, must remember to move your footwear to passenger side or rear seat area. As i notice many people just left their footwear at the driver side, the footwear might accidentally move forward and got stuck at the pedals.

I drove back to SG from Kuantan barefoot all the way. Cos some idiot stole my sandals that i left outside the holiday chalet.

Ya, barefoot pump petrol and barefoot stepping out of car to open boot for ICA inspection also. Only back in SG, then managed to bought a new pair of sandals.

No suitable size for my foot in MY. Thatz why, from then on, i always bring spare footwear on road trips!!!

Still can't get used to barefoot driving.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

53 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I drive bare foot. Well, with a sock on the right leg, bcuz it was giving me callus.

Then when I came out to help rider with their luggage, the first thing they would comment is I lost one sock.

I also drive bare-foot but no preference with socks or not, to the extent I do not know how to drive with foot wear on, no feel 😖

The carpet must be hairy type so my heels can pivot and slide freely. My carpet is hooked onto the floor of the car so it will not move at all. 

Even auto car I cannot. I just feel driving a BnB auto has to be more deliberate in the throttle control cos got lag, response not as immediate, linear or "customised" compared to manual.  Also no clutch as additional control over power engagement, only your right foot. 

Maybe just not used to autos after all these years. And those without hand brake, or with foot brake....errmmm.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Ya lor, become robot just follow instructions no need to think right or wrong. How to correct and make things better like that... 

1 hour ago, RadX said:

@Lala81

Doc, if the Mt E A&E medical staffs and doctor came out to rescue while waiting for TTSH ambulance to come, would it be better? 

Mt E staffs can apply first aid and stop the blood first, given its sunday the traffic at orchard sure a gridlock

13 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I drove back to SG from Kuantan barefoot all the way. Cos some idiot stole my sandals that i left outside the holiday chalet.

Ya, barefoot pump petrol and barefoot stepping out of car to open boot for ICA inspection also. Only back in SG, then managed to bought a new pair of sandals.

No suitable size for my foot in MY. Thatz why, from then on, i always bring spare footwear on road trips!!!

Still can't get used to barefoot driving.

For your foot size, you must always bring extra pair of footwear when you travel la, whether road trips or by plane. I guess not easy to find someone who have the same foot size as yours le. That idiot must be lucky to see your sandals. 😂

• Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, Kusje said:

You can tell yourself that you should not panick. But when stuff happens, that's when you really know if you can handle the stress or not.

Just like our saf. All garang soldier during training and exercise. When their buddies start getting blown up on front up of them, think 90% will start crying for Mommy. I'm sure I'll be one of them 😉

Like i said, not easy to tell yourself not to be panicking when stuff happens. Esp when it involves life and death. Many people can only realise it after the ordeal.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

The SOP is correct.  Long story short.  Many many years ago, a fire in Telok Kurau area.  Burn and Burn. A dweller inhale too much smoke, ambulance came but medic follow SOP to send to CGH.  BUT hor, a few hundred metres away is a Private Hospital called the East Shore Hospital.

Medic refused to send dweller there as it is NOT in the SOP.  When reached CGH, the dweller died - Only son ??

So, big whoha, SCDF and East Shore clarified that EVEN send there also cannot save lor, as East Shore is simply not equipped to handle this kind of cases.  Hence, they are NOT in the list lor. 

Everything got SOP one, very very well covered one.

Welcome to Singapore !!