Lucky Plaza PHV Crash: 2 Filipinas Killed Instantly, 4 Seriously Injured - 29/12/19

RadX

I'm sure many ppl meant well but let the first responders decide where to go as they are the ones with the first hand knowledge.

We are also not at the scene when it happened. When you not knowing what had happened and see that someone is pinned under a car what is your first instinct? You call for help and wait for help. Right? If you dunno what to do next wait for the ppl who knows what to do to arrive lo. You have done your part by calling for help.

Kiang jio ho, mai gey kiang.

As for us we see the bigger picture of the aftermath,of course we can give a lot of comments. But then you must also realise ppl at the scene don't see the whole picture yet. What's in front of their faces is just chaos. We are not trauma surgeons, even they need to find out from first responders what roughly happened in order to react accordingly. Sending the victims to the correct hospital is more important rather than keep pointing out there's a hospital across the road. Not all doctors and nurse are miracle healers. If they are not trained to deal with this there's nothing much they can do too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

aiyo....last many pages on hospital protocol sibei sianz...yawn.

The authority had their say. No need keep frying the cold rice.

Not too long ago, there were immense discussion on SAF casualty evac protocol when the SAF ambulance die die have to send to medical centre first before A&E restructured hospital. You guys remember?? I believe they somewhat changed it after several deaths and committee findings.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I wont say I am very knowledgable in this.  But a few points.  995 calls for fire engine AND ambulance.  So if there is an accident, say so.  If someone is stuck under the car, say so.  The correct appliance will come.

Dont scream accident you just come.  Dont ask question- remember army days when the sgt will tell I tell you to come you come dont ask question....  This doesnt apply to emergencies.  State the facts clearly. Dont add salt and pepper as well.

Should you lift the car up if someone is trapped underneath?  There is no one size fits all answer cos there is also the part on not creating more victims.  Cos lifting up a vehicle with hot engine might result in further injuries to the rescuer. So instead of one victim now there are more.  So the answer is it depends on the ability of the rescuer.   And the situation.  People pinned under vehicles might have spinal injuries.  Lifting the vehicles would move the patient and aggravate injuries. OTOH a person might just be trapped (motorbike land on leg) and lifting the bike will free him and that's all that's.  So no fixed answers.

Best way to help is stay calm, give location clearly AND DON'T BLOCK ACCESS to the patient meaning if u are driving by move your car away from the road or go off cos your cars mights cause jams which delay ambulance arrival.  Other first aid or rescue measures is really situational.

Hope this helps

In this case so maybe that group of rescuer can flip the car to one side so that the lady wont be pinned down? 

Its a vezel, ground clearance not that high, that lady is stucked and pinned underneath. Imagine urself getting pinned down by a car, i wouldnt want to wait firefighters to come and release me

its like a boy feet getting stuck in train door gap, Cant be everyone standing one side watching the boy suffering waiting for firefighter

and i know in lucky plaza incident u shouldnt pull the victim as u might break her bones

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

24 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

In this case so maybe that group of rescuer can flip the car to one side so that the lady wont be pinned down? 

Its a vezel, ground clearance not that high, that lady is stucked and pinned underneath. Imagine urself getting pinned down by a car, i wouldnt want to wait firefighters to come and release me

its like a boy feet getting stuck in train door gap, Cant be everyone standing one side watching the boy suffering waiting for firefighter

and i know in lucky plaza incident u shouldnt pull the victim as u might break her bones

No matter where you flip, the car will kena someone.

9ACAC85A-61B7-41FC-88DD-0E8909A9A736.jpeg

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

No matter where you flip, the car will kena someone.

9ACAC85A-61B7-41FC-88DD-0E8909A9A736.jpeg

True also car ald in one corner don’t think can flip to right. 

Pull the lady out also cannot i guess they should wait for 995 to come then

29 minutes ago, Apple-Tree said:

Hmmmm ......... OK. Very Good.  It seems that there are many great soul here ......

Saving Life need Skills one lor, anyhow save could or maybe yield less than ideal results one.

Actually, SCDF got FREE first aid course one ...... try it...

https://www.scdf.gov.sg/home/community-volunteers/community-emergency-preparedness-programme-(cepp)

Yah

i might be one of the instructors conducting 😂😂😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Just imagine if a MT E doctor has a similar accident nearby, we should also call 955 for him and pray TTH ambulance will arrive early for him. MT E nurses cannot be so gungho to save their doctor too, even right at MT doorstep. Maybe MT E nurse should call TTH for help instead. 

Err I dont get you.  There is difference between doorstep as in the department entrance and door step as in a few hundred metres away from the hospital vicinity round the corner.

Anyway, its call 995 and not TTSH or SGH.  I am not sure if people here know emergency ambulances are no longer despatched by hospitals but by SCDF.   There are many many kinds of ambulances I think its not within the scope of this post to talk about them.

Supercharged
6 hours ago, Hamburger said:

aiyo....last many pages on hospital protocol sibei sianz...yawn.

The authority had their say. No need keep frying the cold rice.

keyboard warrior young students must die die keep on challenging said topic because in their naive world, any doctor can perform miracles....

• Praise 3

Rules I always emphasize to my Company Emergency Response Team, don't attempt to perform a rescue if:

• you do not have the right team / man (e.g. 1st aider)  
  • you are not equipped with the right tools / equipment
  • the environment is deemed too dangerous / hazardous
  • the victim may be further harmed in the process
  • you are not sure what to do / in doubt
  • Praise 13

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Yah

Just when I thought of enrolling 😅

but, seriously, I will check the schedule when my overseas trip are not as often as now, it is some skill we could all benefit from in some way or another. 

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

There were some policemen among the rescuers trying to flip the car

I would expect the policemen to control, manage and lead the rescue operation.  

If they keep quiet and let the crowd take control of the operation,  I will be v disappointed with our police.

Surely the policemen must know how to deal with injured ppl in different  situations. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Wow. That will be a scary lesson.:XD:

If our dear Mod was the one doing CPR on you and mouth to mouth... don't forgot your mouth rinse 😉

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, RadX said:

Yah

I thought u are grim reaper instructor? :D

7 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

I thought u are grim reaper instructor? :D

Part of enrollment class

5 hours ago, RadX said:

Yah

Wow ......

I actually got certified when I was 13. Not sure if it is still valid today. It is conducted in RC. 5 certificates in total. Conducted by Civil Defence.

Beside Fire Extinguishers type and use, CPR Howto, drowning case, bandage, carry the injured.....They also taught us what happened when during air raid, a 50kg/100kg bomb dropped on a "old" and "new"(Lego) HDB.  Should you enter these buildings ? How to enter ? It turned out the "new" lego HDB can handle air raid better ?? (Forgotten).  Anyway, that part not examinable, just general knowledge. 

Anyway, no air raid since 1965......heeee

• Praise 2

This is my contribution to what has been disgusted...

https://youtu.be/HBSRgXW9TYc

What can we do but laugh. Sad also laugh. Happy also laugh.

For the naysayers. There are also Mt E equivalents in the Philippines. Or the rest of the world for that matter.

1 2 4 Cor simi sai.

Edited by Datsun366
↡ Advertisement