Lucky Plaza PHV Crash: 2 Filipinas Killed Instantly, 4 Seriously Injured - 29/12/19

RadX

11 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Just imagine if a MT E doctor has a similar accident nearby, we should also call 955 for him and pray TTH ambulance will arrive early for him. MT E nurses cannot be so gungho to save their doctor too, even right at MT doorstep. Maybe MT E nurse should call TTH for help instead. 

follow sop la. did sop say poor people can go to rich people hospital? 

rich people sick, national airline can also become private flying hospital. that is also sop?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
13 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

Wow ......

I actually got certified when I was 13. Not sure if it is still valid today. It is conducted in RC. 5 certificates in total. Conducted by Civil Defence.

Beside Fire Extinguishers type and use, CPR Howto, drowning case, bandage, carry the injured.....They also taught us what happened when during air raid, a 50kg/100kg bomb dropped on a "old" and "new"(Lego) HDB.  Should you enter these buildings ? How to enter ? It turned out the "new" lego HDB can handle air raid better ?? (Forgotten).  Anyway, that part not examinable, just general knowledge. 

Anyway, no air raid since 1965......heeee

The card should be valid for 3 years only.  Mine also expired already. Went for the course  5 years ago.

IMG_20200102_36605.jpg

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

The card should be valid for 3 years only.  Mine also expired already. Went for the course  5 years ago.

IMG_20200102_36605.jpg

No, CPR is valid for 2 years only. So you need to go for refresher after 2!

• Praise 2

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

No, CPR is valid for 2 years only. So you need to go for refresher after 2!

Anyway my company don't intend to send me for refresher... So just keep as a souvenir lor... But it would be wasted on me also... Coz I don't think I have the metal to try to save someone in an emergency. 

23 hours ago, Philipkee said:

...There is difference between doorstep as in the department entrance and door step as in a few hundred metres away from the hospital vicinity round the corner.

Go check the Map. Accident happened right in front of MT E actually. Just about 250m away from that Mount Elizabeth Hospital Emergency Department entrance, 4 mins walk only. It is too far away for any doctor to dedicate his life to the service of humanity.

Edited by Odyssey2011

7 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

IMG_20200102_36605.jpg

Hmmm ....... no expiry date mentioned lor.  Anyway, if you are still confident to do the procedure and when things happened and there is no other better volunteer, then go ahead and do it anyway lor.  And not do nothing as your cert have expired lor.

Welcome to Cert Nation !!

I need to occasionally climb a ladder, company kenna left right centre as I am not cert for Work at Height wor ....... 

55 minutes ago, Apple-Tree said:

Hmmm ....... no expiry date mentioned lor.  Anyway, if you are still confident to do the procedure and when things happened and there is no other better volunteer, then go ahead and do it anyway lor.  And not do nothing as your cert have expired lor.

Welcome to Cert Nation !!

I need to occasionally climb a ladder, company kenna left right centre as I am not cert for Work at Height wor ....... 

While the cert or lack thereof should not prevent u from performing cpr if indicated, one reason why the cert has an expiry date so to speak is because every few years the guidelines change.  And of cos those who NEED the cert to work are those in the healthcare line as opposed to lay people (but all get the cert since all take the same course).

I wanna say that driving should also have something like this as regulations change/ road conditions change/ rules change and so on but let's not give ideas heheheh

• Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

While the cert or lack thereof should not prevent u from performing cpr if indicated, one reason why the cert has an expiry date so to speak is because every few years the guidelines change.  And of cos those who NEED the cert to work are those in the healthcare line as opposed to lay people (but all get the cert since all take the same course).

I wanna say that driving should also have something like this as regulations change/ road conditions change/ rules change and so on but let's not give ideas heheheh

Not only healthcare need the cert. Lifeguards too. When i took mine in St John, 80% of them were lifeguards. 

And due to MOM regulations, every company above a certain number of employees also need trained first aider.

I just got my certification in Nov 2019. Also reinstall the myresponder app.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Where got so fast 1

can be very fast la

18 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Of cos human la

see, very fast.

The irony is that the past few pages are more about SOP, government and SES, a lot of armchair generals with plenty of opinions, whence the incident should not have happened in the first place, whether it is carelessness, distraction, mechanical failure or fatigue. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

The irony is that the past few pages are more about SOP, government and SES, a lot of armchair generals with plenty of opinions, whence the incident should not have happened in the first place, whether it is carelessness, distraction, mechanical failure or fatigue. 

How to ensure it does not happen in the 1st place?

58 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

How to ensure it does not happen in the 1st place?

You can't cheat fate.. or death as final destination depicted 

17 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

You can't cheat fate.. or death as final destination depicted 

That's after it happens.

How to ensure that it does not repeat?

22 hours ago, inlinesix said:

That's after it happens.

Chinese doctor’s murder overshadows new law to improve public health care https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3043842/chinese-doctors-murder-overshadows-new-law-improve-public

Law is designed to promote medical and health care development...., ensure citizens have access to services...

On 1/3/2020 at 12:35 PM, inlinesix said:

That's after it happens.

I am actually curious about this.  I asked my bro but no firm answer.  

He drives a Subaru impreza which has this eye sight function. Supposedly it brakes the car if it gets too close to a car in front.  Could it have worked in this case?  He doesnt know.  Not that he wanna try.

So if something like this works, maybe make it mandatory for cars in Singapore?  Or at least taxis and PHV? But there should be an option to disable it cos in emergency situations like attempted robbery there might be a need to bash the way out - JB?

But if there is accident and it turn out the eye sight was disabled, maybe extra penalty.  That is if the eye sight function could have worked in this case.  Which no one wants to confirm.

↡ Advertisement