Lucky Plaza PHV Crash: 2 Filipinas Killed Instantly, 4 Seriously Injured - 29/12/19

RadX

On 1/4/2020 at 6:39 PM, therock said:

You want mandatory safety features in a country where there are still taxis with no airbags, where OMV, leather seats trumps airbags and other safety features?

SUPPORT and I’ll buy you a drink when we get this. 🥂 

I am assuming all the new hyundai taxis would have come with airbags already . They even have lane departure and collision avoidance feature.  The problem with our government is they are too focused on money making , so much so to the extent that cars with good safety features are being penalised with more tax, if they could give a little incentive for vehicles equipped with better safety features,  the road will  be filled with safer cars. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

That's the issue ain't it?

Why will there be complains? Any problem when ang mo go picnic in botanic?

ang mor smell is like flower hor

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

ang mor smell is like flower hor

ang mo women never shave armpit hair, you want? 😬

3 hours ago, Kusje said:

Fret not. They can easily throng botanic, sembawang park, etc. Plenty of open spaces 

exactly . plenty of open space and park free for all in singapore, not to mention beach . 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Open Istana la. so much space. President can cook rendang for them all. kumpung spirit. 

U mean nasi bryani with poppadom. Prata side dish?

On 1/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, inlinesix said:

That’s what I am driving at.

Today ST wrote an article on lack of proper public space for maids to meet.

02023894-B8D0-48DC-9357-AAF2922044EF.jpeg

They should highlight increasing PHV accidents, this morning just saw another one driving slowly on the right lane playing his phone then suddenly cut to the left lane. Dunno what ST is reporting also, Botanical Gardens has loads of migrant workers having picnics, end of the day they go to gather where is most vibrant. 

The way its portrayed is like a car was expected that mount that pavement one day and hence fatal accident highlighting lack of public spaces.

5 hours ago, Mercury1 said:

They should highlight increasing PHV accidents, this morning just saw another one driving slowly on the right lane playing his phone then suddenly cut to the left lane. Dunno what ST is reporting also, Botanical Gardens has loads of migrant workers having picnics, end of the day they go to gather where is most vibrant. 

The way its portrayed is like a car was expected that mount that pavement one day and hence fatal accident highlighting lack of public spaces.

That’s why I say both taxi and PHV must use pay-as-use-insurance.

$ will make drivers behave properly on the road.

• Praise 1

Eyes looking at the phone and not on the road. What do you think will happen? The main factor that caused the drivers' distraction is the phone. 

It's not the driving behaviour or how bad their driving skill. It's the phone, the app. Get rid of it. LoL...

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

That’s why I say both taxi and PHV must use pay-as-use-insurance.

$ will make drivers behave properly on the road.

I still think grab needs to be held responsible as well. Otherwise they will continue to push their Drivers to do overwork, multitask etc

2 hours ago, Mercury1 said:

I still think grab needs to be held responsible as well. Otherwise they will continue to push their Drivers to do overwork, multitask etc

Grab has similar responsibility like cab company.

Same as taxi drivers, PHV drivers has fixed cost to cover.  I don't think there is much incentive to cover certain hours in a day.  I might be wrong.

In term of multitasking, nothing much can be fixed since their job are pushed via mobile phone.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Same as taxi drivers, PHV drivers has fixed cost to cover.  I don't think there is much incentive to cover certain hours in a day.  I might be wrong.

In term of multitasking, nothing much can be fixed since their job are pushed via mobile phone.

I spoke to cab drivers who did grab then switched back in the earlier days, a lot them faced pressures not faced when doing cab biz. Like accepting the request quickly (involves them to look at the location of customer and decide how to get there quickly before accepting), no of rides etc which is done on the fly. Everyday I would see some grab driver fiddling with his phone while the car is moving,

Just speculating grab can push out updates to prevent certain functions when the car is on the move, just as they could have made their PMD food riders more identifiable during an incident. At of the day these of these will increase running cost for grab and reduce their drivers ability to take orders quickly which is not in their interest unless government makes it so. 

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Mercury1 said:

I spoke to cab drivers who did grab then switched back in the earlier days, a lot them faced pressures not faced when doing cab biz. Like accepting the request quickly (involves them to look at the location of customer and decide how to get there quickly before accepting), no of rides etc which is done on the fly. Everyday I would see some grab driver fiddling with his phone while the car is moving,

Just speculating grab can push out updates to prevent certain functions when the car is on the move, just as they could have made their PMD food riders more identifiable during an incident. At of the day these of these will increase running cost for grab and reduce their drivers ability to take orders quickly which is not in their interest unless government makes it so. 

These coy dont give a damn lah. So many accident/incident caused by those partnering with them and nvr once these coy are implicated as driver is self employed and vehicle is driver owned or rent from 3rd party. Govt have to step in the stop all these crap.

Edited by Xers007
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I'm a Grab driver, so i can say this:

Grab is only following LTA rules and regulation, which also governs taxis and companies. Many are not spelt out, like how much driving time you can do. The younger drivers tend to chiong bcuz they are or think they are more physically fit. Some will boast about driving 19 hrs a day. There was a case of an older driver who died, he was driving 16 hours a day.

In terms of incentive, Grab scheme is always changing. But it's always getting worse for drivers. Now, drivers are incentivized to drive during peak hours, esp evening/night in the city, and also Grabshare.

All in all, it's up to drivers to choose what kind of life he wants, what time he wants to drive, what kind of money he's desperate to make.

Grab do have a push notification if you're "overworked", telling you to take a rest, but it's not enforced, you can continue driving until you die. Just hopefully you don't bring riders along with you.

If a driver is responsible, he would take time off to rest by going offline.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8