Android headunit

Roverboy

I am currently still on pioneer 8850 headunit with active set up hook up with a alpine h801 SP. I am tempted to upgrade to a bigger screen like halo 9 but I saw in the market have those china android headunits which had better apps. Ask guru here how does the android head unit fair in sound quality segment? 

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Roverboy said:

I am currently still on pioneer 8850 headunit with active set up hook up with a alpine h801 SP. I am tempted to upgrade to a bigger screen like halo 9 but I saw in the market have those china android headunits which had better apps. Ask guru here how does the android head unit fair in sound quality segment? 

Have friend using these generic (China source) Andriod HU.

Feature rich, huge screen, always got updates.

BUT...

unstable, I saw it before the wireless Apple Carplay keep on disconnecting and re-connecting. I see already find it quite irritating and pointless even if 1000 features.

Myself - if given the choice I will get proper stable Pioneer HU...

5 hours ago, Roverboy said:

I have been using touchscreen head unit for the longest time, ever since the car allow it lor, and not I like it.  My previous  ride  onwards are double DIN lor

The ideal size has always been 7" max.  My current ride is only 6.5".  Any bigger really look beng lor.

China Android best, you can run google maps with offline maps or wazer.  Then I can also diagnose car with Torque app.  Fantastic!!

Sound wise, using Android DSP standard features lor.  OK.

China Android Advantages :

a) It cater to the exact model, hence, a right fit fascia panel lor, NO MORE GAPS lor

b) It provide the correct DIN adapter, very important, you dont have to cut wire one, plug and go..... Anyway, I think since you already have a ICE, the wire probably cut until like no tomorrow.  I am very stock one, so strictly no wire cutting lor.  That why I rather giveup a SONY ICE from C&C, they CUT wire one.  A cheap cheap DIN adapter also one to save one.  Or they have changed.

These days mobile plan give data plan like no tomorrow, just hotspot everyday youtube, update whatever also barely touch 5~6GB.  TP come, press HOME.

Hope this is useful. 

• Praise 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, Apple-Tree said:

I have been using touchscreen head unit for the longest time, ever since the car allow it lor, and not I like it.  My previous  ride  onwards are double DIN lor

The ideal size has always been 7" max.  My current ride is only 6.5".  Any bigger really look beng lor.

China Android best, you can run google maps with offline maps or wazer.  Then I can also diagnose car with Torque app.  Fantastic!!

Sound wise, using Android DSP standard features lor.  OK.

China Android Advantages :

a) It cater to the exact model, hence, a right fit fascia panel lor, NO MORE GAPS lor

b) It provide the correct DIN adapter, very important, you dont have to cut wire one, plug and go..... Anyway, I think since you already have a ICE, the wire probably cut until like no tomorrow.  I am very stock one, so strictly no wire cutting lor.  That why I rather giveup a SONY ICE from C&C, they CUT wire one.  A cheap cheap DIN adapter also one to save one.  Or they have changed.

These days mobile plan give data plan like no tomorrow, just hotspot everyday youtube, update whatever also barely touch 5~6GB.  TP come, press HOME.

Hope this is useful. 

What brand u using? Does it hangs?

Edited by Hiton

30 minutes ago, Hiton said:

What brand u using? Does it hangs?

Heeeee ........ Flying Swan brand.

It hanged once in a while and 6mths later, I requested a replacement.  Their technical support is surprisingly OK, do firmware upgrade laaa.  When that failed, I sent back, not the whole unit but the PC board only.

From June 2018 until now, never hanged once lor.... Take note that the Android is Android Automotive Edition......so extra features like wheel key etc....

See my thread :

• Praise 1

The sound quality vary from different Android car stereos. As for me, I have used the Xtrons PST series PST10CVH for my Honda CRV 2011. It brings tons of apps with Android 10 and high quality audio with DSP feature. 

not really relevant but when you guys are talking about HU, may I have any ideas what to use? My family is using a Toyota Corolla Altis 2010? Thanks

Edited by henryhartmann

Neutral Newbie

If you are in to sound quality stay with Pioneer or Alpine HU etc. Go for Android player if you more keen on functionality.  Just change mine to Z5250. 

Neutral Newbie

I bought one unit from Amazon, the brand is XTRONS, it is very easy to find them on Amazon and eBay. it was a git for my brother's E39 M5,  about $250.  He is quite happy with the sound quality stereo produces, it is with full touch screen without physical knobs. He also found himself a DSP chip from Aliexpress, also provided by XTRONS. we have not got a chance to install the DSP chip yet.

Can I ask the sifu here....Just bought an android headunit ( China no name brand ) . All working fine, but I need to ask, how come there is no location services in the android unit ?

Neutral Newbie

Any recommended workshop able to provide kia k3 panel for tesla style 10.4 inch audio head bought from taobao?

Their audiohead panel is for left seated driver, need to find a local panel

Neutral Newbie

I don’t seem to have seen a 10.4-inch head unit. I have seen a 10.1-inch car or a 9-inch car.
And now many head unit sellers sell regardless of left-hand drive and right-hand drive, which are generally applicable.

Currently considering changing my headunit to android but am worried about the sound quality. My current headunit is a pioneer double din avh-x1550. Any one mind sharing the SQ of the android headunit sold by poshz infinity?

Neutral Newbie

Hi! I just got a Q5 2013. I got an android HU from China, which the seller promised will work easily - just plug n play he said. 

But after workshop installed, they said some settings wrong then can’t get the reverse camera to work in tandem with the original buttons in the car. Then sometimes error message will appear. 

I already tried a few different config in the factory settings. It’s either the buttons work or the reverse camera. 

Anyone got experience?

Is there any proper procedure to power off the android headunit, like shutting down a PC? Or we can simply turn off the ignition and the android headunit will be powered off?

↡ Advertisement