Price hike for Netflix services in Singapore!

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Price hike for Netflix services in Singapore!

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/price-hike-for-netflix-services-in-singapore

ak_nfx_3012.jpg?itok=s6d7Jhe8&timestamp=

SINGAPORE - Streaming service Netflix has announced a price hike for all three service tiers it offers in Singapore, to take effect from Jan 9, 2020.

The lowest tier service will go up $1 a month, from $10.98 to $11.98. The mid-tier service will increase by $2 a month, from $13.98 to $15.98 while the top tier will climb $3 a month, from $16.98 to $19.98. All revised prices include taxes.

The tiers vary in price based on the quality of the image (standard, high or ultra-high) and number of concurrent streams.

Singapore users had been expecting a revision after Netflix announced price hikes in the United States earlier in 2019.

Mr Leigh Wong, Netflix's head of communications for South-east Asia, told The Straits Times that this is the service's first price hike since the service launched in Singapore in January 2016.

"We have heavy investments in shows and we want to continue delivering great shows across all genres," he said, explaining the hike. The increases will also fund technology improvements.

The revisions come just as new streaming services such as Apple TV+ ($6.98 a month) are making a mark here, but the Netflix spokesman is confident that existing subscribers will stay loyal.

While the service is home to hits such as the thriller series Stranger Things, the acclaimed mob film The Irishman from director Martin Scorsese and the recently launched fantasy series The Witcher, it will not get complacent, he says.

"Competition is always going to be there. We are determined to win consumer confidence every day. We don't take it for granted. We'll continue coming up with great shows."

↡ Advertisement

19 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

no mentioning of GST. the hiked fee is it GST inclusive? If not, then need to add 7% on top of it.

All revised prices include taxes.

• Praise 2

Not sure if I am missing out on anything but I am not a subscriber of Netflicks.  In fact even thinking of unwinding my BPL position...65 bucks a month...

4 hours ago, Xers007 said:

Got market share liao and its time to hike. Netflix also not cheap...

Do we hv much of a choice? Mediacock suxs

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Soya said:

Do we hv much of a choice? Mediacock suxs

mediacorpse ?

pay me to watch then I consider, is it worth my time?

And remember the good old days where we have to pay $10 a month just to own a tv licence, to watch mediacrap tv ?

A friend would hide his tv when he thinks inspectors are coming to his home to check, bcuz he didn't pay. Some people got fined also.

3 minutes ago, Mustank said:

I know the price for Netflix is going up

But it is really worth the price increase

everyone needs to chill

:grin:

Can comprain to MP or not?

Then maybe next budget 4G gib Netflix rebate

11 hours ago, Myxilplix said:

I'm still subscribed to Netflix USA, so already kena my increase earlier this year. Still worth it.

What's the advantage? Aren't you paying more?

Can Netflix receive local Mediacorp channels?  If cannot then no point, cos starhub fiber can plus other channels.

↡ Advertisement