On 1/3/2020 at 4:06 PM, inlinesix said:

T2 is 6th Avenue la

Namly Crescent to be exact

But Sixth Ave near enough lah, hahha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)
On 1/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, Carbon82 said:

One of my friend who is quite pro-white, recently complained that his department of close to 30 staffs have "turn black" overnight and for the first time I hear him cursing about CECA... And mind you, he haven been working in this GLC for >20 years.

And about FT HR passing FT CVs to hirer, it has been happening in my previous co... It was only exposed after I work with the local HR executive directly that I get all the local applicant CVs and in fact many of them have much better experience, asking for decent salary package within my budget. When come to approving the employment contract, can see big resistance from the FT Manager, and he even go and trim the package further before approving it (and make my new hire a little DL the 1st day he came on board).

And I can only say our JobsBank n.k.a. MyCareersFuture is nothing but the largest smoke screen. I don't even want to talk about my personal experience when dealing with the so called career consultants, face-palm is an understatement...:veryangry:

Problem statement has boomarang effect.

You compliant CECA, they deem you as non team player and mark you on appresal time. It will be written, have lots of experience and need to see how to lead a outsource team who has quality areas of imptovment for the next FY.

You use local even if it lower cost, management would tell you in order for diversity, you need to have different cultural infusion. Chim leh, i know. Kanna before.

CECA make mistake, its okey. In tbe sprit of innovation, you need to explore, invent fail, try, fail try, sucess. Innovate.

When local do the same, your dept not very efficent. Your rating and progress needs improvement, we are watching you.

WTF. Stands for Wow Thats Fun...right.?

Jiayu ... speak up also die. Try to stay alive is what most have become.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 3

On 1/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, RadX said:

Ikr  bro

many say they waaah like experience like never seen before but in end all bullshxt 

NATOs

I interviewed an Indian programmer before.........he can't even explain terms he wrote in this CV :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Too bad for him, I was a programmer for 4 years before floodgate open and kick all of us out of the sector.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I interviewed an Indian programmer before.........he can't even explain terms he wrote in this CV :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Too bad for him, I was a programmer for 4 years before floodgate open and kick all of us out of the sector.

Is he from Uptron college? 

Don’t worry guys. 😏

Parliament: Chan Chun Sing allays fears about foreigners in workforce, telling S'poreans 'this Govt will always have your back'

8 hours ago, Windwaver said:

I am sure he is not the only one around and he probably is now employed taking over a citizen job. 

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t worry guys. 😏

Parliament: Chan Chun Sing allays fears about foreigners in workforce, telling S'poreans 'this Govt will always have your back'

Wait till one day we have FT for minister then he says better worry.

7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t worry guys. 😏

I thought i heard something over the news on radio this morning, he said something like sporean should not disgust towards FT as sg needs stay in competitive and we need to open up to FT?!

8 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t worry guys. 😏

You must be mad to let those fellows get behind you.

I want them in front of me with hands where I can see em.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, 13177 said:

I thought i heard something over the news on radio this morning, he said something like sporean should not disgust towards FT as sg needs stay in competitive and we need to open up to FT?!

Yes, I probably welcome folks like eduardo saverin or james dyson who come in to invest and provide jobs (b4 dyson pulled out last minute). Or those hardworking indian gentlemen who clear the streets of trash...

But But ... for PMETs FTs...the question is always one of degree and moderation. Now i think is a bit overdone.

• Praise 1

On 1/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, Carbon82 said:

One of my friend who is quite pro-white, recently complained that his department of close to 30 staffs have "turn black" overnight and for the first time I hear him cursing about CECA... And mind you, he haven been working in this GLC for >20 years.

And about FT HR passing FT CVs to hirer, it has been happening in my previous co... It was only exposed after I work with the local HR executive directly that I get all the local applicant CVs and in fact many of them have much better experience, asking for decent salary package within my budget. When come to approving the employment contract, can see big resistance from the FT Manager, and he even go and trim the package further before approving it (and make my new hire a little DL the 1st day he came on board).

And I can only say our JobsBank n.k.a. MyCareersFuture is nothing but the largest smoke screen. I don't even want to talk about my personal experience when dealing with the so called career consultants, face-palm is an understatement...:veryangry:

nobody can do anything until citizens want to do something

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Here he is again:

https://fbwat.ch/1vNJU8vl9uHh5tjR

give us the data then!

The numbers and the definition needs to be define so that a correct picture is painted. 

Is the salary going up. Yes. For whom? Those that got new jobs or those that dont move ?

How about the FT. Vs Local. Are the salary for a similar job paid the same or about the same by 50% higher ?

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

The numbers and the definition needs to be define so that a correct picture is painted. 

Is the salary going up. Yes. For whom? Those that got new jobs or those that dont move ?

How about the FT. Vs Local. Are the salary for a similar job paid the same or about the same by 50% higher ?

And that smirk on his face.

Now no one can question them at all? A result of one party in parliament for too long?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Sometimes , its like religion. We cannot agree on the religion that we believe in vs someone else believe. But we can all agree all religion preaches one to be good, except in the case of terrorist who incite killing.

So its inevitable that we need resources. After all, we use to say in Singapore, most of the people have a decently good education and the takeup rate for production operators, Construction workers and Maids has a huge deficit .

So base on that same landscape , it evolved to, local cost is way too expensive, and hence we need to move out of Singapore to a lower cost region. Like Malaysia and China.

Which is true. 

Then the IT revolution and digital transformation that we arrive at, means we have to gear up.

That good. BUT when there is resistance in hiring the Singaporean vs hiring one of their own country man who can find no job back home, then thats where I feel we can do better.

So is this a problem? Its just the tip of the iceberg if wikipedia is to be true.

2018-2019 reports[edit]

According to the Pew Research Center, a significant majority of Indians consider the lack of employment opportunities as a "very big problem" in their country. "About 18.6 million Indians were jobless and another 393.7 million work in poor-quality jobs vulnerable to displacement", states the Pew report.[25]

Leaked NSSO report[edit]

A report on unemployment prepared by the National Sample Survey Office's (NSSO's) periodic labour force survey, has not been officially released by the government. According to Business Today, this report is the "first comprehensive survey on employment conducted by a government agency after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced demonetisation move in November 2016". According to this report, the 2017–2018 "usual status" unemployment rate in India at 6.1%, a four-decade high,[26] possibly caused by the 2016 demonetisation of large banknotes intended to curb the informal untaxed economy.[27]

The report and the refusal of the BJP government to release the latest NSSO report has been criticized.[7] According to Surjit Bhalla, the BJP government's holding the report back is a bad political decision, the survey methodology is flawed and its results absurd, because the sample survey-based report finds that India's overall population has declined since 2011–12 by 1.2% (contrary to the Census data which states a 6.7% increase). The report finds that India's percent urbanization and urban workforce has declined since 2012, which is contrary to all other studies on Indian urbanization trends, states Bhalla.[7] According to NSSO's report's data, "the Modi government has unleashed the most inclusive growth anywhere, and at any time in human history" – which is as unbelievable as the unemployment data it reports, states Bhalla.[7] The NSSO report suggests the inflation-adjusted employment income of casual workers has dramatically increased while those of the salaried wage-earners has fallen during the 5-years of BJP government.[7] The NSSO has also changed the sampling methodology in the latest round, state Bhalla and Avik Sarkar,[28] which is one of the likely sources of its flawed statistics and conclusions.[7]

The report states that male youth had an unemployment rate of 17.4 percent and 18.7 percent in rural and urban areas, while women youth had rates of 13.6 percent and 27.2 percent respectively in 2017-18. However, the think tank of Government of India, NITI Aayog says that these are not official and the data is not yet verified.[29] The Indian labor force is estimated to be growing by 8 million per annum, but the Indian economy is currently not producing new full-time jobs at this rate.[30]

The BJP-led Indian government has claimed that the NSSO report was not final.[31]

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1