Best Selling Cars of 2020

therock

On 21/01/2021 at 8:07 PM, ferrytales said:

i still dont get how toyota with their crappy specs apart from harrier turbo/rav4 can be top seller in sg, the unfortunate truth. 

The truth is :

1. Reliable

2. Running costs

3. Maintenance costs

Take your pick on European brands and compare based on these 3 criterias, Toyota will prevail.

• Praise 2

On 1/22/2021 at 3:13 PM, Spring said:

I feel whilst Toyota cars are unlikely to win awards for design, it is a good brand to own. Well known for reliability n quality alone wins it many buyers.

I don’t understand the biasness against Toyota? I’ve not owned a Toyota for a long time but I would consider it n their sales numbers speak for itself. Can’t be that so many people are wrong. 

I believe if the person is looking for high tech features and many fancy gadgets, also nice looking design, maybe toyota cannot make it.

But if in terms of a basic car with reliability and cheap parts, perhaps this is why toyota wins?

• Praise 1

The Toyota owners isn’t here in this forum.. he is blissfully enjoying his reliable car and has no issues to make him join a forum or any desire to modify his car ... just enjoying ten years of motoring and beyond... 

• Haha! 2

The reputation did not come by accident but through decades of hard work and sound design and engineering. 

Toyota is also changing. Moving away from insipid and boring cars. Braver and more willing to take design risks. The Prius is pig ugly but the CHR is edgy and cool.

Toyota specify expensive independent rear suspension in some BnB models when most of its competitors move to cheaper and inferior beam suspension. Even a base A-class.

Toyota Safety Sense is standard fare from the Corolla onwards.

The GR Yaris is such an extravagantly made car. Whose does this kind of thing anymore?

We have Akio Toyoda to thank. 

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Well said. 
As a dealer, i've sold more Hondas' and Toyotas' as compare to the rest of the brands. But thats only due to my showroom carries that brand alongside MB. 😂

But really, any experienced Honda/Toyota driver can tell you that their positive and raving reviews of their car. They're basically happy owning that car and when they sell, the car value is definitely a notch higher than the rest of asian-manufactured cars almost, almost to a certain extent of certain continental car values ☺️

↡ Advertisement