Best Selling Cars of 2020

therock

On 1/8/2020 at 9:21 AM, Spring said:

This car is really nice and I think the prices more reasonable since the soft launch of the Altis. Unfortunately it's power is lacking in my opinion. Maybe cos I'm more used to torquey cars.

Will let the individual perspective buyers decide as some have said power is sufficient. I'll be interested to compare this with the Altis since it's a direct competitor.

With the amount of power at that price point abit hard to stomach for me. Is 10k higher than the Altis, not forgetting VES rebate of A2, which means technically 20k difference. 

"20K" difference for better interior and refinement. to each his own

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

With the amount of power at that price point abit hard to stomach for me. Is 10k higher than the Altis, not forgetting VES rebate of A2, which means technically 20k difference. 

"20K" difference for better interior and refinement. to each his own

Altis elegance is more expensive than Mazda 3 elegance now. Go down to the showrooms and compare the latest quoted prices. 

On 1/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, noobcarbuyer said:

Altis elegance more expensive than Mazda 3 elegance now. Go down to the showrooms and compare the latest quoted prices. 

It baffles me to think the Stinger isn't popular despite a declining sedan market. 

On 1/11/2020 at 10:01 PM, amcic1994 said:

It baffles me to think the Stinger isn't popular despite a declining sedan market. 

Stinger has the necessary power spec, space and the look, but the brand requires  a lot more convincing than even Hyundai,  not that it is no good but it takes time. To add on to the challenge is the pricing,  at that price point, people have a lot more options, so it wont be a volume mover. 

• Praise 2

What does the data from the past year tell us about projected sales this year ?

PI cars form a significant portion of sales. More importantly is the choice of cars. Apart from expensive conti imports, the budget models under 100k form a significant number and of these, the Jap origin models take the biggest slice of the cake  

I believe that buyers want value and also want to avoid issues with their purchases  

These are not car enthusiasts and gravitate towards cars perceived to be reliable  and cheap to service. This applies to cars destined for private hire too  

So if one sees certain makes and models in the forecourts of PI showrooms, these are the cheap and good cars. 

I foresee Vezels and Sientas forming the bulk of the sales, thus pushing honda and Toyota sales far beyond the Hyundai cars. And now with the Elantra and Mazda 3 going up in price, buyers who want a car from the ADs will look elsewhere 

the top ten cars list will look very different 

but at the end of the year, Mercedes will still feature along with the value cars of 2020

Digging out a thread that was last posted in January , I guess the discontinuity of the discussion was partly due to Covid 19, now that people are heading back to the showroom, what is our prediction? Data seems to suggest that Honda will be the best selling brand follow  by Mercedes, if not, Toyota.

Edited by Ct3833

I guess plain old fashion reliable cars just keep selling themselves... Thai made, boring fascia and other factors not withstanding 😉

When times get hard, Mercedes sells more.. likewise for BMW and Audi.. when the COE goes up and cars get more expensive, ironically the premium marques sell even more

As avant-garde as the new Elantra is, the price has to be right... I suspect clearance of the older model helped drive their sakes 

• Praise 1

We thought that Honda and perhaps Toyota got their sales target with the help of PIs, but despite the deriders, there are enough fans who like their cars and are voting with their wallets..

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

i still dont get how toyota with their crappy specs apart from harrier turbo/rav4 can be top seller in sg, the unfortunate truth. 

Lol me too, still seeing so many on the streets.

Perhaps there is still a strong group of loyal supporters who only buys it for the brand stability.

18 hours ago, ferrytales said:

i still dont get how toyota with their crappy specs apart from harrier turbo/rav4 can be top seller in sg, the unfortunate truth. 

16 hours ago, dlawlghd said:

Lol me too, still seeing so many on the streets.

Perhaps there is still a strong group of loyal supporters who only buys it for the brand stability.

What Toyota model(s) was/were in your minds when you guys say this?

I am just curious about how the brand is perceived. I am not a Toyota supporter. 

45 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

What Toyota model(s) was/were in your minds when you guys say this?

I am just curious about how the brand is perceived. I am not a Toyota supporter. 

I feel whilst Toyota cars are unlikely to win awards for design, it is a good brand to own. Well known for reliability n quality alone wins it many buyers.

I don’t understand the biasness against Toyota? I’ve not owned a Toyota for a long time but I would consider it n their sales numbers speak for itself. Can’t be that so many people are wrong. 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Spring said:

I feel whilst Toyota cars are unlikely to win awards for design, it is a good brand to own. Well known for reliability n quality alone wins it many buyers.

I don’t understand the biasness against Toyota? I’ve not owned a Toyota for a long time but I would consider it n their sales numbers speak for itself. Can’t be that so many people are wrong. 

We will see some buyers who love the features and may change their cars long before the issues arise... these buyers are more willing to get the conti makes or try out cars even without a long street cred.

Others will simply prefer reliability over all else. Imagine the hassle when something goes wrong... I guess there are more than enough buyers who prefer the latter and these are the buyers boosting the sales of the traditional top sellers.

But as you can see from the top sellers list, BMW is right up there too, and they tend to have more issues than the other premium marques... maybe their reliability has improved or people just sell their cars before the issues arise?

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Spring said:

I own a Toyota and have a love-hate relationship with the dumbness of the car. I love the turn turn knobs to adjust air con, dont ever need to worry the electronic buttons will spoil... Yet on the hand wish it had more safety features and foldable back seats (2020 still dont have really one kind la BM)! Most amazing thing is how can the headunit still use cable to connect to apple carplay and android auto (rather than wireless)!

Edited by yellowshaun

Honda's current offerings are ageing and the new Honda Fit/Jazz does not seem to do as well as its predecessors (design issue).  Just 2-4 years ago, Honda Vezel, Fit/Jazz and Shuttle were selling like hot cakes.

Singapore’s Best Selling Car Brands Of 2019

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/singapores-best-selling-car-brands-of-2019-popular-favourite/

↡ Advertisement