2020, where were you 20 years ago or what did you like then?

therock

It's 2020!

For some of us, we have past the half century and have a wealth of memories to look back on..

So what were you doing 20 years ago? 

Or what items did you treasure from the past?

Let's share 🙂 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

20 years ago juz discovered Delphiforums and wondering why ppl so bo liao waste their time posting on forums....

• Haha! 4

i feel old people like to look back and talk about past

20 years ago I was sharing my car here, waste a lot of money mod it

Edited by denser
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

20 yr ago now what i remember was early in the year was called back for ICT briefing, then told that our unit was gonna be involved in NDP that year. Rehearsals were supposed to be on Sundays whole day, from early on...

i managed to wriggle my way out of it cos i was getting married middle of the year, which meant i had to prepare for my wedding, which will likely clash with (some of) the rehearsals.

Heng S3 was understanding and agreed, but in return i was to go to an Ex Crescendo as controller the next year.

In the process saved myself the hassle of having to waste i think 14 Sundays for the rehearsals. 😅 And of course the awkward feeling of the NDP parade commander mistake that year...

and my unit on nearing MR years later, then was told (initially) that the NDP didn't count as one cycle, as was what the S3 said back in 2000. All those who went, were up in arms...

• Haha! 2

Who ah? Who past the the half century mark ah?

20 years ago must be still got a job lo.

Now probably no more job offer and driving grab.

Missed what? Should be last time spend like no tmr lo. Now worry everyday about tmr lo. 😂

If you ask me 20 years what I was doing I also cant remember. LoL...

I think I was still single. I missed the carefree life of being single. Sigh.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

20 yrs ago?

wiping tables and smoking cigars lor.

not much change except not wiping tables now but chopping meat at SS.

SS bidding to be a bank. You are the nominated CEO?

48 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

20 yr ago now what i remember was early in the year was called back for ICT briefing, then told that our unit was gonna be involved in NDP that year. Rehearsals were supposed to be on Sundays whole day, from early on...

i managed to wriggle my way out of it cos i was getting married middle of the year, which meant i had to prepare for my wedding, which will likely clash with (some of) the rehearsals.

Heng S3 was understanding and agreed, but in return i was to go to an Ex Crescendo as controller the next year.

In the process saved myself the hassle of having to waste i think 14 Sundays for the rehearsals. 😅 And of course the awkward feeling of the NDP parade commander mistake that year...

and my unit on nearing MR years later, then was told (initially) that the NDP didn't count as one cycle, as was what the S3 said back in 2000. All those who went, were up in arms...

Huh? NS man also can get called back for NDP?

You work on Sunday for NSF, then monday to friday+1/2 day sat go back to work your normal job? So you only get 1/2 day on sat for yourself? 

siaobo. I sure give them MC.

20 year ago. I was a teenager walking aimlessly in Orchard for simi Millennium countdown with friends. Now think back, I'm glad I went.. Because I won't live to another Millennium celebration.. Hahaha.. 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

SS bidding to be a bank. You are the nominated CEO?

I in butchery dept.  cutting lamb chops and striploins and tenderloin leh....... 

not qualified to be CEO, CFO CXX etc...

got somes scraps for me, i happy liao

20 years ago just started work, where $1700 for a poly grad considered reasonably good starting pay. Besides spending on food/transport/patoh-ing, etc still can save up a bit for insurance. 

• Praise 2

44 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

PCC-ing as usual. Fergot who I PCC to liao. 

This one I remember. Not just one, of course, but a major one was Shu Qi (Hsu Chi). She had some rather "open" non-fakes, quite a novelty for Asian actress at the time.😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

Huh? NS man also can get called back for NDP?

You work on Sunday for NSF, then monday to friday+1/2 day sat go back to work your normal job? So you only get 1/2 day on sat for yourself? 

siaobo. I sure give them MC.

I think my unit was not alone in being called up for NDP after ROD hor.

Not to mention initially was si bey siang, early morning book in to camp at (actually i also dunno was it Lim Chu Kang or Selarang), draw rifle, then take dunno tonner or bus go i think padang for the practice/rehearsal... then end of the day reverse this go back and send rifle, before booked out...

Just nice, one full Sunday wasted.

Some of my mates eventually were quite psyched up for the event... until the boo boo... sian one-half man...

Can get MC successfully for 14 different Sundays bo? 😅

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

This one I remember. Not just one, of course, but a major one was Shu Qi (Hsu Chi). She had some rather "open" non-fakes, quite a novelty for Asian actress at the time.😁

wah for that era, must throw in the two Yips too lah. A and V. Conspermed part of the fray...

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah for that era, must throw in the two Yips too lah. A and V. Conspermed part of the fray...

Dunno. Amy Yip dua liap but face not so nice in my view. Don't think I'm familiar with the other Yip. 

But Vivian Hsu...ah I liked her too. Don't think she did anything too crazy, only topless but I'll just say she was puffy, like she hadn't finished puberty. 

Don't want this to become Sg Bike Forum style thread so better stop here. 🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement