COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

15 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Wenzhou is very very near Shanghai, that is more worried. Shanghai population is 24million.

Very very is suzhou or hangzhou la.

Wenzhou has the highest number confirmed cases with Zhejiang.

Other than Hubei, Zhejiang has the highest number of confirmed cases.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Many think that China is understating the actual death rate..... I see videos of people lying dead on the streets..... you cant add these to the mortality rate I guess...... and they probably won't have the resources or bother to test these for cause of death.  If such videos are not fakes.... then it is quite worrying cos people actually drop dead....

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

yah, thats what I have been thinking. One single market cannot create such a damage.  The virus could have been there for a while in many places, but became active because of the cold weather. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But Singapore got plenty of cold weather.

MRT - freezing

Buses - freezing

shops and malls - cold

cinema - freezing

Polyclinic - now just cold used to be freezing

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

MRT - freezing

Buses - freezing

shops and malls - cold

cinema - freezing

tried to edit but couldn't but I wanted to add:

many homes with aircon - very cold

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Piyopico said:

Many think that China is understating the actual death rate..... I see videos of people lying dead on the streets..... you cant add these to the mortality rate I guess...... and they probably won't have the resources or bother to test these for cause of death.  If such videos are not fakes.... then it is quite worrying cos people actually drop dead....

I'll take that with a pinch of salt.. so zun drop dead for the camera to capture?

And if CCTV, so free to go scroll it to find that scene?

IMO.. many aren't happy with the CCP, and certainly together with Western media they will likely paint an alternate picture..

I think similar to the mask situation here. People kpkb queueing for mask and risk catching virus.. But realistically on the ground, not even any wait needed..

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Piyopico said:

Sounds scary... if its true......

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Solar said:

I'll take that with a pinch of salt.. so zun drop dead for the camera to capture?

IMO.. many aren't happy with the CCP, and certainly together with Western media they will likely paint an alternate picture..

I think similar to the mask situation here. People kpkb queueing for mask and risk catching virus.. But realistically on the ground, not even any wait needed..

They are good actor, similar to those jump out in front of car and then drop down. To claim accident from driver.

• Haha! 6

11 minutes ago, Piyopico said:

In a city of 11M ppl, always so happen a video camera is always nearby recording when sick ppl happen to fall down? U decide if fake or not lor...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

was talking to my maid about this wuhan virus last night, and she quickly said "the bat they eat, we no eat, we eat another bat"....[laugh]

According to her, they hunt down a type of bat as big as a chicken ( I asked her 3-4 times, "a bat big like chicken? can fly?", and she was very positive. They remove everything and only keep the meat, and it taste just like chicken, better than chicken she said. 

Flying fox

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Solar said:

But in the videos.... you see people fully suited up attending to them.. . half truths perhaps but I was pretty shocked cos I wasn't expecting people to just drop like flies from coronavirus. ..

12 minutes ago, Piyopico said:

Actually.. some are writing a 2% fatality based on roughly 360 dead vs 16000 confirm sick. 

Problem is,  that assumes that all 14000 sick will recover. That's a VERYYY big and optimistic assumption. 

A 2% fatality means a 98 recover vs 2 dead ratio  for every 100 sick.

Latest official data is:

429 recover vs 360 dead.... not even near. Unless the 360 died at home etc and were never part of the "sick" data. 🤔🤔

Hope some miracle drug coming. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Solar said:

Totally agree!!![thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

14 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

MRT - freezing

Buses - freezing

shops and malls - cold

cinema - freezing

hot cold hot cold, you think only human will get ill from it meh, virus kena hot cold hot cold also become blur and lost lah, virus also can become sick and die  hor!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Tohto said:

They are good actor, similar to those jump out in front of car and then drop down. To claim accident from driver.

I believe credit needs to be given when due. CCP has done much to contain and fix the issue, med manpower and logistics, hospitals in a week and sealing off borders and travel ban etc. 

They may have issues with cover-up, but given the extent, there's no point covering up.

Similar to SG. Initially everyone kpkb masks out of stock. The G stepped in, took over control of all supplies (likely reason nobody could subsequently buy anywhere), issue advisory and education, fix fake news,  fix hoarders and now issue masks per household.

Even now free but many don't even bother to collect. WTH?

Quite okay already IMO..

• Praise 6

3 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Actually.. some are writing a 2% fatality based on roughly 360 dead vs 16000 confirm sick. 

Problem is,  that assumes that all 14000 sick will recover. That's a VERYYY big and optimistic assumption. 

A 2% fatality means a 98 recover vs 2 dead ratio  for every 100 sick.

Latest official data is:

429 recover vs 360 dead.... not even near. Unless the 360 died at home etc and were never part of the "sick" data. 🤔🤔

Hope some miracle drug coming. 

Based on the latest data, fatality rate is 2%.  Recovery rate is also 2% (thereabout).

41 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I wanna laugh but a bit cruel.  I saw people wearing the surgical mask to the coffee shop.  Then they pull down the mask to drink coffee then they pull mask back up.

If the virus is on the chin, the virus would have been in contact with the inside of the mask and  now you pull it to cover your nose....  I know even doctors do that but that's actually wrong.

When I was teaching nursing i actually proposed a course in how to wear masks for the general public.   Of cos the context was for the haze but it can cover this topic as well.  That was in 2013 before I left in 2014.  Management refused to consider.  Then in 2015 came the haze and everyone was panicking and I was thinking......haiz.

i believe only medical personnel know how to wear a mask seriously against deadly virus, public wear for psychological reason, with the mask on they think they are invincible?

• Haha! 5