COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, Mason016 said:

I still prefer to use the american version of skeptic than the brit sceptic.  One typo and it will be septic. [laugh]

Hmm...

tbh, I neber knew got brit and American English versions. I always used American version. 

I agree. The K is less likely to get mixed up. 

Learned something new today, albeit of little use. Thanks! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Best part is govt saying only 54% of eligible households only collected the masks, whats with the balance 46%??? ...... I think now with fresh supplies in already the govt should again broadcast another round of 10 masks per household..... at least it silence people chance to KPKB govt not doing enuff ....BTW  I collected my loot already      

can help CSI I am not sure but someone said Taiwan give out 6 masks to each resident every week. That is a lot of mask going around.

True or fake.

No time, got to go back to carry rice from lolli to shelves in NTUC. Waiting to be promoted to table wiper in Kopitam. When I grow up I wish to be a lolex re-seller.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

There's a video made earlier by Chen shucheng in teochew and the other middle aged singaporean in hokkien. 

They covered every dialect. Which I think is a good thing. Some elderly read angmo news will think that this is happening to overseas only. But if is in dialect, then they will feel that they need to react also. I think that is one of the reasons why Taiwan politic is so debatable in Singapore too. Cause they use hokkien. hahha.

• Praise 8

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Talking about MASKs, now we see the real problem. When need masks desperately , there is no masks. Everyone get caught pants down , including the government . CSS can say whatever he likes, no hording of masks, there is sufficient masks etc etc, but  there is simply not enough masks in SGP now. Where can we buy masks? not even NTUC or drug stores like Guardians. All the masks have been reserved for front line personnel, leaving the folks on the street to solve our own masks problem.

Hopefully the virus problem could be settled soon.   Lesson learned from here is,  government must ensure  every household to  have sufficient stocking of masks moving forward . Instead of giving out election freebies, they should ensure every household will have x number of masks(eg. 20,30, 50  ?) per person.   Mask is cheap, new masks can  be redistributed when the existing ones reach their shelve-life, .  By right, all household should stock up their own masks, but since this has become a  national health and defense issue, the government should pick this up.

As we can see , a simple coronavirus outbreak like this, not only the economy of the whole country is impacted , everyone's health would be  affected, it will cost the government a lot of money on medical expense alone.  Imagine when a bio warfare  gets erupted,  the whole economy will be crippled, many people will fall ill, can we imagine we have no masks, or every household have only 4 masks?   I hope the current situation serves as a wake up call to the government to make them think harder what they should do to be  be more prepared for situations like this in future. For me,  I am not going to depend on them. When there is sufficient stock of masks coming in next round after the virus, I will stock it up myself. cannot depend on their promise or assurance. 

I think if people stock up some masks during normal period, if they did not use, masks would have expiry date de, so people might not want to buy and keep. And people usually will wait until something happen then kan cheong and look for mask. Lol.

• Praise 2

47 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Like that also become Gov salah? 

We have haze here like almost every year ( may-july), or sometimes a 2-3 years laps, and you mean you have zero stock mask at home for the yearly haze affair? 

From SARS till haze, we are not new to the shortage of mask situations, it is up to us as individuals to take ownership of our life, and decide if we sld stock up some mask ourselves. You know with or without this virus, there will be haze waiting, there will be peak period of flu, there will be times you may fall sick. And you have no mask in hand?

and then we go, KNN gov never give us free mask during peace time, or tell us to stock up mask, CCB PAP gov CMI lah. 

I dont wait because for the past more than 10 years, I know I need to keep at least a few pc of mask at home at all times. And I do it because I take ownership of my life, no need everything wait for gov say. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Things like what to stock up also need gov to tell us, that will really be a very sad thing to happen man. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

not taking opportunity to bash the government, these are facts. Fact is we all are caught unprepared, including myself, i admit it. As a government, they have to learn from mistake , admit it , correct it and move on, not to take a photo and  cover up their oversight.  Basic question is where are the masks? I know dont have, internationally dont have. I am not asking for it, but they have to admit there is insufficient masks first. Then tell use, what they are going to do next, 

We have to understand this fundamental, whose responsibility is it to build public bomb shelter? Government  . Who  enforced that every new hose must have a bomb shelter ? Government. Of course, whose money? our money, but those are the right things to do.

Next , when there is a chemical/bio warfare, who should protect the people? who should ensure people would have sufficient masks?   The government. 

again, as i said, dont have said dont have, dont handle these issues high-handedly, they are elected and paid to do the job., not to put up a show. 

I didnt say they fail in every expectation, but in this  aspect of masks, they fail badly.

And to clarify, i do have my own masks too, but  how many have sufficient masks? 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

They covered every dialect. Which I think is a good thing. Some elderly read angmo news will think that this is happening to overseas only. But if is in dialect, then they will feel that they need to react also. I think that is one of the reasons why Taiwan politic is so debatable in Singapore too. Cause they use hokkien. hahha.

you really have to stop this, I am really flat out of packets of chicken rice

thank you one post, cover everything

can forward to all other colleagues who may be misinformed

btw you don't eat much right, so 1 packet of chicken rice for you only can

no need to include byrani OK

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think if people stock up some masks during normal period, if they did not use, masks would have expiry date de, so people might not want to buy and keep. And people usually will wait until something happen then kan cheong and look for mask. Lol.

as i said, mask is cheap, stock and refresh, ti does not cost much, but when there is none, then we will be in trouble like now. 

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I also collected mine, but untouched. Prepared to give away anytime if the front line medical professions really fall short and needs them more than I do. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

Bro..mai hero lah. If u kena virus u wear bra to cover nose & mouth izit?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

This video the BEST!

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

And so, this morning I went to SS to pick up some tissue paper, tissue paper hor not toilet paper.  Since its a monday  morning after the weekday buying, I would expect to see kosongness. 

This is what I saw. 

Toilet paper anyone? Lai lai lai mai paisay,  no stock? empty shelves? All these must be fakes...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

rps20200210_094038.jpg.389b556ebacea7e37ee2421df0f7a162.jpg

Instant noodles ai mai, after all the ah tiongs stock up with their trolley loads, mayb this is call empty shelves....[laugh][laugh][laugh] 

rps20200210_094223.jpg.fc012979e1dc62e747feb85c8804f0cf.jpg

what? Instant noodles mai ah? rice no stock? empty shelves? Lai lai lai, bring your cart here, take your pick, slowly choose until you song. 

But hor, make sure got bring money hor, cards acceptable also...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

rps20200210_094343.jpg.f9760436338ad9b686d3410c97f4ce71.jpg

Makes those who queue for hrs last Friday look kam lan :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

not taking opportunity to bash the government, these are facts. Fact is we all are caught unprepared, including myself, i admit it. As a government, they have to learn from mistake , admit it , correct it and move on, not to take a photo and  cover up their oversight.  Basic question is where are the masks? I know dont have, internationally dont have. I am not asking for it, but they have to admit there is insufficient masks first. Then tell use, what they are going to do next, 

We have to understand this fundamental, whose responsibility is it to build public bomb shelter? Government  . Who  enforced that every new hose must have a bomb shelter ? Government. Of course, whose money? our money, but those are the right things to do.

Next , when there is a chemical/bio warfare, who should protect the people? who should ensure people would have sufficient masks?   The government. 

again, as i said, dont have said dont have, dont handle these issues high-handedly, they are elected and paid to do the job., not to put up a show. 

I believe up to a certain point our government is responsible

after that it is the responsibility of each and every one of us

we have bomb shelters in every modern homes including HDB, that already sends a signal to what extend we should be prepared for any possible engagement.

I completely understand your point and accept it readily. My colleagues and I apologize and hope to do better next time. 

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Noticed how politician now dare not go to aunty lucy warehouse to pull publicity photo op stunt abt sufficient toilet paper, instant noodle & rice? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I believe up to a certain point our government is responsible

after that it is the responsibility of each and every one of us

we have bomb shelters in every modern homes including HDB, that already sends a signal to what extend we should be prepared for any possible engagement.

I completely understand your point and accept it readily. My colleagues and I apologize and hope to do better next time. 

Thanks. agree with you it is a join responsibility. But whether or not, I hope we all learn from here a move on to be better , not to spin high level story. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Got ah beng version or not? I catch no ball leh. [laugh]

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Soya said:

Bro..mai hero lah. If u kena virus u wear bra to cover nose & mouth izit?

If I kena virus, I would be in the hospital liao lah, the doctors and nurses there will decide what i need to wear lor. If they ask me wear bra to cover nose and mouth in the hospital, lanlan I also need to wear right? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

5 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

Makes those who queue for hrs last Friday look kam lan :D

LP squeeze until face become blue black cannot breath.....:XD::grin:

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Soya said:

Noticed how politician now dare not go to aunty lucy warehouse to pull publicity photo op stunt abt sufficient toilet paper, instant noodle & rice? 

The NTUC panic buying issue is caused by kiasusm of SGPrean, that one i dont blame the government.  NTUC came out with good measures to limit individual's purchase items, which is a good move to minimise such panic purchase. I have to say they did a good job in doing so, maybe it was the instruction from  government? I dont know. But to be fair to the government, i dont expect them to give instruction to NTUC on what to do, but at some point, I am sure they will step in to take  control  of the supply of rice and other essential items. 

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

If I kena virus, I would be in the hospital liao lah, the doctors and nurses there will decide what i need to wear lor. If they ask me wear bra to cover nose and mouth in the hospital, lanlan I also need to wear right? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ahemmm...tiko hoping to ask nurse for hers izit? Lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3