COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

1 minute ago, Camrysfa said:

43dvZ7o.png

There must be a reason for doing it ....😲

They print don't wear if you are not sick but people still do it, they scare if print only once maybe people will still go ahead to get ang pao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Camrysfa said:

43dvZ7o.png

For the past 5 days I have been seeing this ad in the ST.

Today's ad grew in size to about a quarter page; when I first saw it on Sat, it was a bit smaller , maybe about 17cm x 12cm.

why need to run the ad so many days? How much does it cost per day? How many newspapers? How much do they give out a year? wouldn't the ad cost be better used to give the ang pao through other means?

There must be a reason for doing it ....😲

to tell people dun come to avoid spreading?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Finally people agreed that masks is important , so important that we have to be self sufficient. Some may ask if I am going to be that mask worker again.   I am fine with that (sacarstic) question, key is people are accepting the reality.  Learn and move on to be better equipped. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coronavirus-singapore-looking-for-new-sources-of-masks-looking-at-manufacturing-them

You might as well accumulate your own stockpile of mask at home so that when another virus come you have ready stock and self sufficient. Otherwise hoarders out there will be ready to pounce whenever a virus appears out of nowhere.

24 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Not answering on his behalf but maybe sarcastic is a general phrase used to convey frustration at the question that does not try to solve the problem but makes it seem like the asker is the problem.

When I was in private sector, I mentioned security need to be tightened. The security chief then asked me when am I going to start my patrol duties (I was in nursing).  I would say the security chief was being sarcastic though a neutral party might think it's a legit reply.

Something like that.

What's there to be frustrated about?

Is either a Yes or a No....

12 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I do...am I ministar quality also? 

ccspoint.jpg

There is a saying in Cantonese:

说你行你就行,不行也行。

说你不行就不行,行也不行。

Translation:

Say you can you sure can, cannot also can. 

Say you cannot mean you cannot, can also become cannot.

See I also balonglong one, China and England both also can. So I Mini$tar calibre too? 🤣🤣 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 9

4 hours ago, Hoseyboh said:

You are right. Only he can do it. Cause his name is.... 

IMG-20200219-WA0012.jpg

Bro, you joke lah. Today another guy told me he can go out, but the government make him feel so poor he dare not got out

Cos they keep playing the reminder "没四千万不要出去,没四千万不要出去。。。"

Wah lao eh, how many people got  四千万😂

• Haha! 5

7 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

ccspoint.jpg

说你行你就行,不行也行。

说你不行就不行,行也不行。

Translation:

See I also balonglong one, China and England both also can. So I Mini$tar calibre too? 🤣🤣 

Where is Ash2017? Need his clarifications now. 😁

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Something like this bro

B16E4353-002B-4FD4-9140-9DC1C2C887E2.png

Bro, was at Elias Mall when saw your post. Went to check out Sheng Siong and U-Star. Both no stocks but Sheng Siong staff said order placed and will be here, just that he cannot say when.

In case anyone looking for the liquid Dettol, Sheng Siong still have.

20200219_184820.jpg

20200219_184830.jpg

• Praise 7

31 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

ccspoint.jpg

说你行你就行,不行也行。

说你不行就不行,行也不行。

Translation:

Let’s go parliament kiao kah and listen to tcss together 

• Haha! 2

Smallpox, Measles and Chickenpox used to be very infectious viruses and caused widespread panic as well. As soon as the vaccines are developed and everyone gets a shot of it for each disease, nobody now pays attention to them anymore.

Why are ppl still into surgical mask, a thin piece of disposable designed for hygiene application for healthcare workers? It's not even clinically tested against viruses.  "Some kinda protection is better than none" mentality is exactly that false sense of security ppl have.

Hoarding mask is helping no one. The behaviour of any virus is the same. It invades a healthy cell in our body and multiply and spreads itself. Antiviral vaccine has the potential to slow this behaviour, stifle the virus multiplication such that our body's immune system is able to fight it off. It's more sustainable than any unproven mask out there.

You guys can hoard as much mask as you like. I will just give you the look and roll my eyes.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Juzzme said:

Don’t understand how this came about...she had to go A&E twice. And only on the 2nd occasion was warded for DENGUE. The diagnosis was wrong? Or she really so (un)lucky kenna both dengue and covid19 at same time.

Then from there took 3days (while she continued to be in general ward) before diagnosed with covid19.

Yah but the one who stayed in the same room with her quite sway, hope she is ok. 

18 minutes ago, Blueray said:

COVID-19: Demand for sanitisers, antibacterial soap and thermometers still high, say retailers

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-demand-for-sanitisers-antibacterial-soap-and-12450608

Are they going to use this picture as stock to teach kids in school on how not to hoard (women kena for no reason, her basket seems got only a few things).

8 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Well, finally a pro-active step rather than a reactive step of telling people to use mask only when they are sick so as to save mask supplies for other groups.

Honestly, is it that hard to setup a mask factory or incentivise some suppliers to  modify their factory line to make mask in one corner of their factory?  It is not a rocket science product. 

$30k can buy a mask manufacturing machine liao, of course that is probably not a high end equipment. Taobao have . 

8 hours ago, Enye said:

dunno why you all so happy...

even if build mask factory, the masks produced will also not be for everyone during crisis times

just for the people in the medical industry (and maybe the elite group) to use lah

peasants still need to queue up and buy imported masks or please don't wear masks unless you are sick

🤣

It is have vs dont have, and we have to make a first step. Even China has so many mask factory, yet they are facing shortage now, imagine what if they do not have their mask factory? 

Dear all,

allow me to share something. Anti bacteria is not as effective as Antiseptic if you are looking to destroy/kill most virus.

In short, you must use antiseptic solution first before you use anti bac wipes or cleaners.

If you have antibac wipes, pour a small/just the bottle cap/ cup of antiseptic solution into the wipes packet and allow a soak through. In this way it will not be too harsh on your skin and at same time achieve both purposes.

Also, you can dilute antiseptic solution with water into a spray bottle to use as daily spray on toilet bowls and wash basin. 10 ml  antiseptic to 600ml of water.

Need not spend too much on sanitizers, as most of them are for anti bac purpose. 

If you are in office, bring along a piece of soap( no need for anti bacteria) . It works as well. 

Lastly, get more sun if possible. 

• Praise 8

9 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

Are they going to use this picture as stock to teach kids in school on how not to hoard (women kena for no reason, her basket seems got only a few things).

its ok lah, her face was covered ... [laugh]

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

It is have vs dont have, and we have to make a first step. Even China has so many mask factory, yet they are facing shortage now, imagine what if they do not have their mask factory? 

Hi, I never use face mask unless I am at work for the few critical hours. The face mask most of you have is useless against this virus unless you use the FFP or surgical N95 complete with shield. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3