COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

19 minutes ago, Lava said:

i heard a lot by asking why can't we produce our own mask?

it is not difficult to bring in mask making machine and convert part of ST factory to produce mask, but the main issue is where to get supply for raw materials? the raw materials are still coming from china.

But why only from China?

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Because the Japanese are at a loss of what to do. Its a scenario which they had never faced before. SARS didn't affect Japan as much as China, HK, Taiwan and SG back in 2003. 

If you had experience working in a Japanese company before, you will know it takes many layers of approval and tons of consensus making just to arrive at a decision. It is also not uncommon for a meeting to be have no conclusion or decision made. You can everyone in the first meeting to discuss everything, only to have to arrange for a second meeting for further discussions on the first meeting. 

Highly bureaucratic situation within Japan. 

Yes so not many japanese blame the govt but diff scenario at korea

korea faced MERS recently and has upgraded alot of their hospitals to be ready for such outbreak but still managed to hit 82 cases

Now korean govt kena diu left right centre lol

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Our garment won’t invest in low tech low barrier of entry type one lah...they’ve invested much in logistics so that we can have sufficient space to stock piles most of the necessities...then invest in more critical ones like water, greens, defence etc for more self reliance...

They need to take a long term view...people also asked why no race track for F1...if they do cave in to self produce mask...I’d see it only as a mean to appease the noise if it gets too loud...

ear plugs next before goggle, plastic gloves, toilet paper....?

Condoms. Must stockpile condoms in case some crisis need condoms. For daily usage at least 3 pcs for each man, woman and children  for kiasu/kiasee type of protection. Stockpile billions of them. If not ppl will ask govt why they never stockpile for "total defense".

Must also bring in condom making machines. Self-sufficient. And lubricants that go with the condoms. Buckets and buckets of lubs.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

But why only from China?

Prob not only china even other countries not enough mask to produce. 

even indonesian manufacturer are now under contract to send millions to china. Seems like china govt acted fast and ordered alot masks from neighbouring countries and even europe

add on with taiwan thai and india Face mask export ban, sg really don’t have Much option

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, RadX said:

correction...not onboard...but succumbed to infection

Actually I am quite surprise what the way the Japs are handling COVID-19 crisis. You would have tot they will be more careful, organised and systematic at handling it. 

I heard they did not house those with symptoms in a separate part of the ships. They just kept everyone in their existing room. 

• Praise 2

Just now, Silver_blade said:

Actually I am quite surprise what the way the Japs are handling COVID-19 crisis. You would have tot they will be more careful, organised and systematic at handling it. 

I heard they did not house those with symptoms in a separate part of the ships. They just kept everyone in their existing room. 

yes, the clean and the 'dirty' areas, separate airflows.....

• Praise 1

They also didn’t bother with people having fever at 37.5 deg celcius So wont test those people

and even if u above 38 deg they will wait 4 days before they start to conduct a test on u

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

even indonesian manufacturer are now under contract to send millions to china. Seems like china govt acted fast and ordered alot masks from neighbouring countries and even europe

add on with taiwan thai and india Face mask export ban, sg really don’t have Much option

Malaysia is also running out of material for hand sanitiser and plastic bottles cos the supply come from China.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I meant why raw materials only come from China?

Malaysia is also running out of material for hand sanitiser and plastic bottles cos the supply come from China.

Batam also work will come to a halt as raw materials not coming in

therein after this, many will rething their supply chain and not put  'all eggs in one basket'

• Praise 2

Very uncharacteristic of Japanese. 

i guess, they could be seeing the big picture and rather contain as opposed to infecting the entire population. Also, their CDC not well developed from what I read

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

They also didn’t bother with people having fever at 37.5 deg celcius So wont test those people

and even if u above 38 deg they will wait 4 days before they start to conduct a test on u

Shocking. Wonder what makes them take this kind of action. 

I can sort of understand why they kept ppl on board cos their healthcare system may not be able to handle such numbers at one go. But I didn’t expect them to keep the ppl on board for so long.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/two-passengers-from-coronavirus-hit-cruise-ship-in-japan-die-as-public-criticism?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1582168244

Again is elderly and have underlying conditions. This show that this virus is not so deadly to a normal healthy person. However if a person has underlying medical conditions and or elderly.. They need to be more careful.. Coz once tio them, the risk of dieing is there.. 

4 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

And the most amazing thing is they let 600 people off just like that.... 

u can see this Everyday, even in forums. People will not admit that they are wrong, even when presented with evidence, etc. 
from a few suspect cases, to 600 infected, releasing a 600 potential cases to the public. 
.just so you can stick to your initial decision. 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, RadX said:

i guess, they could be seeing the big picture and rather contain as opposed to infecting the entire population. Also, their CDC not well developed from what I read

Make sense. 

I doubt most countries will be allowing cruise ship to dock at their port unless it is one at is based or registered in that country. 

Most will just dock at Cambodia. 😅😅

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Haha! 4

Make sense. 

I doubt most countries will avoid allowing cruise ship to dock at their port unless it is one at is based or registered in that country. 

Most will just dock at Cambodia. 😅😅

yes.  It is already good they allow to dock so that they can still effect evacs as and when necessary.

Guess their thinking is, sacrifice the 3700, as opposed to teh millions....on land

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2