COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Often its easy for us to criticize a decision when we are not the one making it, but believe me, they are leaders who cannot even make a 50-50 chance  choice. 

I have seen many smart ppl in my life, impressive until big things happen and they cannot make decisions. Actually we dont need super smart ppl with super high IQ as leaders, we need someone just smart enough and super zai (steady) when crisis hit.

I have seen a lot of smart ppl making real stupid decisions they would kill themselves over when the dust settled, all because they could not hold themselves together. 

Real leaders must be a zai kia also hor....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

You trying to say should save the 5M masks for HCW instead of trying to appease the populace? Not zai enough?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I have been staying at home all these while.  It is not because I am obeying the govt or afraid of the virus.

It is because I am poor and keep hearing people telling me,

“沒四千萬別出門, 沒四千萬別出門!”

Where to find 四千萬 before I can go out?!!

Sound like a doggy mahjong session...hinting you’re calling 四万 to someone 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Maybe more singaporean should gossip less and have more situational awareness.  Take a deep breath, take a step back and see what we can do with the things we have in hand. REst of the thing can be settled after we are out of the wood.

A few day before CNY, I was at Watson's and saw hand sanitisers on sale. I was telling my kids I am surprised it is still on sale. I would have tot it would have been one of the items that should be in increasing demand cos of what is happening in Wuhan. I didn't get any cos we always have some hand sanitizers, plenty of wet wipes, some surgical mask, N95 mask, surgical gloves, etc at home cos we have children at home + seasonal haze problem + seasonal flu, etc.

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Maybe more singaporean should gossip less and have more situational awareness.  Take a deep breath, take a step back and see what we can do with the things we have in hand. REst of the thing can be settled after we are out of the wood.

A few day before CNY, I was at Watson's and saw hand sanitisers on sale. I was telling my kids I am surprised it is still on sale. I would have tot it would have been one of the items at is in increasing demand cos of what is happening in Wuhan. I didn't get any cos we always have some hand sanitizers, plenty of wet wipes, some surgical mask, N95 mask, surgical gloves, etc at home cos we have children at home + seasonal haze problem + seasonal flu, etc.

That’s because people were busy queuing for bak kwa and new notes mah...

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

That’s because people were busy queuing for bak kwa and new notes mah...

Oh yah hor. My bad.... 🤭🤪

Edited by Silver_blade

12 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I have been staying at home all these while.  It is not because I am obeying the govt or afraid of the virus.

It is because I am poor and keep hearing people telling me,

“沒四千萬別出門, 沒四千萬別出門!”

Where to find 四千萬 before I can go out?!!

one set 一百八十万,  23 sets got more than 四千万 liao, not so difficult to find I think....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

image.png.288eb6faee72a15092413db1bac4a290.png

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

19 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Earlier I already said there could have been a better way to handle this liao. If Japan Gov could have group those people under low risk and high risk and take them out to quarantine elsewhere. The magnitude of the problem would not have been like this.

Maybe it is the problem of you were not there, you are not the one doing it. So stop talking.....Maybe if I talk much, later kena fire by some more people

everybody here is to talk lah... 

I think it is good for people to analyse what the government is doing. not just how things turned out, but more importantly what alternatives are there. 

You hear people complain all the time but when asked for a better solution, they will just say they aren't paid millions. 

The other spectrum of just keeping quiet is probably just as bad because it is all our responsibility to be able to rate the government fairly and vote the right one, for the sake of all of us,

To me, I can understand the initial rationale of quarantining the entire ship, good for the voters, safety for mainland, Japan CDC not good. but once you see so much secondary infections, the plan must change.

The most ironic thing is that the act of releasing 600 plus people into the public without further quarantine just does not make sense with their objective of keeping the mainland public safe. There are like 80 cases everyday so there is probably like at least 300 sick people on that ship. 

I bet there are more infected within the 600 than the 2000 passengers initially

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

A few day before CNY, I was at Watson's and saw hand sanitisers on sale. I was telling my kids I am surprised it is still on sale. I would have tot it would have been one of the items at is in increasing demand cos of what is happening in Wuhan. I didn't get any cos we always have some hand sanitizers, plenty of wet wipes, some surgical mask, N95 mask, surgical gloves, etc at home cos we have children at home + seasonal haze problem + seasonal flu, etc.

don't say hand sanitizers. The few days before chinese new year, they sell me surgical mask by a box of 50. no queue. 

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Often its easy for us to criticize a decision when we are not the one making it, but believe me, there are leaders who cannot even make a 50-50 chance  choice. 

I have seen many smart ppl in my life, impressive until big things happen and they cannot make decisions. Actually we dont need super smart ppl with super high IQ as leaders, we need someone just smart enough and super zai (steady) when crisis hit.

I have seen a lot of smart ppl making real stupid decisions they would kill themselves over when the dust settled, all because they could not hold themselves together. 

Real leaders must be a zai kia also hor....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Example of real leader?

duterte? Hehehe

18 minutes ago, RadX said:

and THAT, IMO, is leadership, when crisis strikes, and how you act...

yah lah, if ownself cannot hold together what you expect the rest to do....

I have an incident, my Boss ask me "how ah?", I say "KNN do this lah ", he said "sure or not?", I said " you got better idea?".  But actually in my heart I was thinking, salah also you tio not I tio....[:p]

But i say only lah, I also those buay zai one, things happen i pretend toh first....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 5

22 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

You trying to say should save the 5M masks for HCW instead of trying to appease the populace? Not zai enough?

CCB PAP!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

yah lah, if ownself cannot hold together what you expect the rest to do....

I have an incident, my Boss ask me "how ah?", I say "KNN do this lah ", he said "sure or not?", I said " you got better idea?".  But actually in my heart I was thinking, salah also you tio not I tio....[:p]

But i say only lah, I also those buay zai one, things happen i pretend toh first....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

this kind i also kanna, boss will ask 'sure or not'...once i hear that, i walk away

😀😀

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4