COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore doesn’t have an export ban. Why would govt go after that Singer?

Ppl make huge profit from disaster should be stopped.

You say there is no law against the first. Is there a law against the second? 

EDIT: apparently there is. 

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PCA1950

But look, it can cover export as well. So why wasn't it used in that case?

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

As usual seems like i am the one who got stress up than the doctor. Doctor keeps telling me some flu bug needs to take 2 weeks or so to recover, if you get too stress up, confirmed your recovery rate would be slow, dont think it would be covid-19 la, no need to scare.  😂 Maybe i lack of some sun.

I'm the same bro... I even more stress keep calling the clinic to ask if the x ray and blood tests results are out... It's just human nature..

After this episode really must take good care of our own health. No one is responsible for your body except for yourself!Luckily I have been embarking on health journey for a number of years alrdy. We have a few good health threads here too. Be more active physically and in these online threads will help a lot!

• Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Maybe we now have a ‘silent’ export ban. One of my neighbour had his mask parcel intercepted. He was sending it to his brother in Taiwan. 

Interesting, and if so, casts doubt on @inlinesix's point. 

55 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

If JAV invades, I will surrender. They can do what they want with me. :a-whiteflag:

Don't selfish... give others a chance to do their part for our defence. 👌

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I didn't vomit anything. Although I felt nauseated just 5 min in so I turned if off. No idea what he said later. 

I still don't get why so many people are praising this guy to high heaven. He slams people for hoarding masks. He or someone in his gahmen goes after private resellers for alleged "profiteering" despite their insistence that the well don't have to bother with masks and sick people can get them at clinics when they visit the doctor as they should be doing anyway. And they also go out of their way to distribute masks to households, again counter to their own stated thinking. What are they trying to do, win a popularity contest? Hint hint.

At the same time they go after retailers and small fry biz guys on Carousell, they don't touch that PRC-origin singer who allegedly shipped 160,000 masks back home. Wonder why? 

If you ask kee chiu that question, bet you he'd have a ready answer. In the form of another question. 

"What is the intent behind your question?" 😂

I guess it was the hoarding rice and toilet paper part that won the support of many?

31 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Interesting, and if so, casts doubt on @inlinesix's point. 

My neighbour send it right after CNY PH. He wasn’t very happy about it tho 😅😅😅

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Knoobie said:

I guess it was the hoarding rice and toilet paper part that won the support of many?

I didn't get far enough in for that. If he mentioned that, he had a point, but if they were that concerned about it, they could've done more to control the sale of essentials to consumers. 

Anyway, the hoarding behaviour seems irrational but one must remember that the PRC has often been regarded as the "world's factory". If they're in trouble, so is the supply chain for many essentials. Doesn't really affect me though - I buy Indian-source rice and don't need TP. 😁

• Haha! 3

15 hours ago, Yewheng said:

... Church claster again.. Why so many church claster? Is it because they sing song and at the same time also hold hand? Sing out load, the vapour droplets come out from mouth and then fly to another person mouth? Hold hand and then virus pass from one hand to another person hand? 

God is love so maybe got hug hug also? 

:D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

39 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I didn't get far enough in for that. If he mentioned that, he had a point, but if they were that concerned about it, they could've done more to control the sale of essentials to consumers. 

Anyway, the hoarding behaviour seems irrational but one must remember that the PRC has often been regarded as the "world's factory". If they're in trouble, so is the supply chain for many essentials. Doesn't really affect me though - I buy Indian-source rice and don't need TP. 😁

by controlling sales, wouldn't it give chance to cause a more severe panic buying? 

on the hoarding of rice, toilet paper part. he did made a point that hoarders reflected badly and may have repercussions to the nation price negotiation strategy. 

Your indian sourced rice never kena wiped out by hoarders meh?  

43 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

There might be shortage in certain drug as the raw material or raw material of raw material is sourced from China.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

You say there is no law against the first. Is there a law against the second? 

EDIT: apparently there is. 

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PCA1950

But look, it can cover export as well. So why wasn't it used in that case?

CCS took a gamble staking 5 mil masks to calm public. If he were to go on with an export ban, the whole world would have called his bluff...and know he held a two of diamond instead of an ace of spade.

Screenshot_20200220-170754~2.png

Edited by TangoCharlie
Add image
  • Haha! 5

26 minutes ago, Knoobie said:

by controlling sales, wouldn't it give chance to cause a more severe panic buying? 

on the hoarding of rice, toilet paper part. he did made a point that hoarders reflected badly and may have repercussions to the nation price negotiation strategy. 

I can't help but notice both your conversation. Mask has shortage becaus there is no demand on normal days. Suddenly the serge, how to meet this sudden increase? If demand maintain at this level, there will be plenty of manufacturers ready to supply. Nobody wants to do, i also will invest a factory producing it. Haha

Rice there is no change or serge. There no sudden increase in consumption due to the virus. It is all the people creating the false demand. Good they clear the old stock. I don't see the reason to panic. 

• Praise 1

Moving forward in the future, I think we should not build hospitals too close or directly integrated with MRT station and big shopping malls.

Jurong East.

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

one set 一百八十万,  23 sets got more than 四千万 liao, not so difficult to find I think....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

image.png.288eb6faee72a15092413db1bac4a290.png

this one hard to carry around  ..

use this better still got change

hellnote.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Knoobie said:

If they control portions strictly at major supermarkets and provision stores, there will be no panic as both vendors and customers will be compelled to follow. And with the laws on the books they can control private sales too. 

No, Indian source rice is OK at the moment. 

↡ Advertisement