COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Camrysfa said:

XK48Vww.png

masks, thermometers, hand-sanitisers......phones.

Maybe people will realise that they don't need to 'upgrade' their mobile phone every time Apple wants them to.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

15 hours ago, Albeniz said:

We have collectively paid millions of dollar  and are cool with it actually.

But if you give us Singlish coupled with such delivery, we feel very shortchanged for quality.

新加坡精英雙語政策之:

中文不行,英文也不行。

Mandarin CMI, English CMI.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Maybe people will realise that they don't need to 'upgrade' their mobile phone every time Apple wants them to.

Instead, all hell will break loose for Apple addicts. Confirm longer queue for next release.

He called a spade a spade.

In hokkien or in teochew or in singlish or in posh English, its still the truth. That's the substance.

Some prefer truth to be dressed up in a posh costume, some prefer truth as it is, some cannot handle truth and some prefer not to know or hear it from his mouth.

Such is the beauty of truth. It is truth regardless what anyone thinks or feel. 

Looking forward to see the critically ill fully recover, those under quarantine will be cleared with a clean bill of health and those awaiting tests will have negative results. 

That the spread will be lesser as the days passed till this virus is brought under total control here and globally. 

Take care. Practise good personal hygiene and build up immunity. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

This morning, a man approached the security guards manning the thermal imaging scanner at the lobby. He looked very irritated.

"Who is in charge here?" he asked in an unfriendly tone.

Security "Why, sir?"

He said "How many times must I remind you to keep the doors opened? Blah blah blah . .. . . "

and added the classic question "Do you know who I am?" . . . . . 

Security " . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

Aiyoh, silly security guy. Answer him lah "Ehh . . . Batman?"

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

20 hours ago, Yewheng said:
Spoiler

Oh.. So which means people in the close door dialogue are quite influential.. Like big boss of hai Di lao and etc? 

To be fair, at least he went down to the basics (done his maths), I've come across so many senior management that doesn't know a damn thing on the ground (and think they know).

The way he speaks is like typical Singaporean but even worse for some is that they also speak like this in a formal setting (at least he didn't).

To a major extend, he's just being practical; I really can't imagine if our front line fellow Singaporeans risk their lives everyday without a mask (I wouldn't do if it was me). The rest of it is just funny la (condom, aircon bus window, rice, wipes, etc).

Frankly speaking, my RSM (during NS) doesn't give a sh!t when he screams at you and I went through that for 2 years 6 months.

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Exactly. Given his position as a Minister of MTI, he should have restrained and communicated better even behind closed doors. Now Singapore is in an embarrassing position given his remarks on Hong Kong. 

Its a good lesson for him. He should have learnt since his kee chew debacle but I guess given his arrogance, he didn't learn. 

LKY is known to speak his mind and once called out Singaporeans as "daft". If CCS thinks he can do the same and called out Singaporeans as "idiots", he must have forgotten that he is of a mediocre calibre comparing to LKY. 

I'm just glad he wasn't the next PM to set the bar low within the parliament. 

Maybe that’s why he will never be PM.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

19 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

This morning, a man approached the security guards manning the thermal imaging scanner at the lobby. He looked very irritated.

"Who is in charge here?" he asked in an unfriendly tone.

Security "Why, sir?"

He said "How many times must I remind you to keep the doors opened? Blah blah blah . .. . . "

and added the classic question "Do you know who I am?" . . . . . 

Security " . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

Aiyoh, silly security guy. Answer him lah "Ehh . . . Batman?"

who is he? building estate/safety manager?

19 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i think many men rushing to buy condom and mask now [sweatdrop]

f1aefad7-3abc-4f0a-a96e-1d652a4002fe.jpg

No lah...those who hoard the condoms ai wan liao lor... No need for condom oredi if recover from the infection...

• Haha! 4

34 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

雙語政策之:

中文不行,英文也不行。

Mandarin CMI, English CMI.

I noticed many who grew up before that policy is more multi lingual than youngsters today. 🙄

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

To be fair, at least he went down to the basics (done his maths), I've come across so many senior management that doesn't know a damn thing on the ground (and think they know).

The way he speaks is like typical Singaporean but even worse for some is that they also speak like this in a formal setting (at least he didn't).

To a major extend, he's just being practical; I really can't imagine if our front line fellow Singaporeans risk their lives everyday without a mask (I wouldn't do if it was me). The rest of it is just funny la (condom, aircon bus window, rice, wipes, etc).

Frankly speaking, my RSM (during NS) doesn't give a sh!t when he screams at you and I went through that for 2 years 6 months.

1st time I agreed on his speech. And when he speak the truth and speak like you and me, like a Singaporean normally speak.

Many cannot accept.

• Praise 6

11 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i think many men rushing to buy condom and mask now [sweatdrop]

f1aefad7-3abc-4f0a-a96e-1d652a4002fe.jpg

This is blatant gender discrimination. 😠

This is a 'woke' virus given that they named it in the most confusing manner possible to avoid hurt feelings. 

I really think AWARE should redress the situation by introducing a new Kaninavirus. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6