COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

39 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Haha I know a few.

But apart from Len (which I only heard on the radio) most of them are metal bands. I don't know if you've heard of them. Voivod, Cryptopsy, Strapping Young Lad (with Devin Townsend, also as a solo musician). 

😂

Those I don’t know. 

Len was very popular when I was studying there. They got 1 more hit.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Blueray said:

COVID-19: Tenants at Changi Airport to receive 50% rental rebate for 6 months

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/coronavirus-covid19-changi-airport-stores-rent-rebate-12454430

Very generous of Changi Airport.  50% is a lot.......and I think it is the gov. way of discouraging these retailers from retrenching their workers during this difficult period.

• Praise 7

13 hours ago, Matoonia said:

Let me just share my own experience here. I fell ill during the CNY week. Down with Cough and Fever. This is the chronology of events:

28jan-fever and cough. Visited clinic no masks for me and all the patients.

29jan-got worse then visited a different clinic to get 2nd opinion. Again no mask for me. Even the doc also not wearing.

30jan-went back clinic for chest x Ray and blood test. I wear my own mask there. On the same day, Govt announced give 5m masks to everyone. My heart fell there and then when I heard the news..

Over that 3 days I could possibly be infected by all those around me in the clinic coughing and puffing. If the rhetoric is only sick need wear mask, shouldn't the first priority and SOP to make sure all those people in a clinic are wearing a mask? I really pity the docs who risk their live during this time. I was told that during that time each clinic only allocated 1 box a week? Instead the G distributed 5m masks to household, who may never even need to use it cos they are all healthy.

No one know how long this will last. Is it prudent and have they really done their sums when all these masks are distributed to everyone? I can only hope so and we will not suffer the consequence of this decision..

28 Jan - why you never wear own mask?

29 Jan - why you never wear own mask?

30 Jan - how come you suddenly have mask?

And how come you worry being infected by others rather than you infecting others?

How come everyone in clinic need to wear mask?  

Funny if I sprained my ankle but clinic say I need to wear mask lol

You say no one knows how long it will last, so how much should govt stockpile?

Why pity the GP for not stockpiling? Only these 2 months they started seeing people with cough, fever or flu?

How come you ownself never stockpile?

Did you ask yourself if you were prudent?

If we suffer any consequences,  is due to our own decisions.

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

This type of sudden 1 day surge indicates an outbreak and widespread local transmission, the situation in SG seems to be under control, 3-5 new cases a day, a deescalation might be possible if this continues but with the see no evil hear no evil attitude of our neighbors, not sure how Covid can be contained worldwide. Can only pray for the summer sun to come soon.

Somemore almost all cases here are linked to previous cases and is all within the few claster that was identified.. So for Singapore side.. Quite Heng so far no indication that is spread beyond these few clasters.. This we must really thank spf, moh and etc for their hard work on contact tracing to ensure this virus is contain. 

Edited by Yewheng

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Sunlight has got plenty of good stuff. 

UV directly inactives viruses. 

UV promotes Vitamin D synthesis by your skin and Vitamin D is important for immune function. 

And the direct warming effect of the sun also helps, though perhaps not by inactivating viruses. It helps to dry up secretions more quickly and thereby reduce the spread and persistence of Infectious droplets. And a lot of people sneeze less when their nasal mucosa is nice and warm (people tend to get rhinitis and the sneezes in cold weather) so that also plays a role in reducing transmission. 

Actually is there a uv lamp or uv oven we can buy to sanitizer keyboards mouse, ipad, etc?

looking around for it.

8 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Sunlight has got plenty of good stuff. 

UV directly inactives viruses. 

UV promotes Vitamin D synthesis by your skin and Vitamin D is important for immune function. 

And the direct warming effect of the sun also helps, though perhaps not by inactivating viruses. It helps to dry up secretions more quickly and thereby reduce the spread and persistence of Infectious droplets. And a lot of people sneeze less when their nasal mucosa is nice and warm (people tend to get rhinitis and the sneezes in cold weather) so that also plays a role in reducing transmission. 

I was thinking about this scenario wondering if it’d help...

set up tentage of 8-10 beds each under shade near secluded beach (west coast or Pasir ris) for less critical cases. Patients get fresh air flow from land or sea breeze...away from crowd, ease hospital load. 

patients can also access direct sunlight for 10-15mins easily. 

logistics and cordon of restricting areas can be a daunting task though. 

• Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

set up tentage of 8-10 beds each under shade near secluded beach (west coast or Pasir ris) for less critical cases. Patients get fresh air flow from land or sea breeze...away from crowd, ease hospital load. 

That’s what Indonesia is doing. Use the sun. No need to test. Afterall it’s just a flu

• Haha! 5

55 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Just remember a fifth of patients need critical care. 

You want Club Med, not Club Ded. 😂

Yes, I know you already said less critical cases, but I can never resist being punny. 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 9

30 minutes ago, BenTong said:

That’s what Indonesia is doing. Use the sun. No need to test. Afterall it’s just a flu

Maybe make use of the hospital roof instead 

burn mother fuker BURN!!! 

referring to the virus of course 

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Maybe make use of the hospital roof instead 

burn mother fuker BURN!!! 

referring to the virus of course 

Not bad idea. Let the Doctors N Nurses look after the more critical ones. Then these non critical patients also need help .. like bringing to the roof top for example Hospitals will need volunteers.. thanks for volunteering? You get 1 free surgical mask 😷 

Edited by BenTong
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Very generous of Changi Airport.  50% is a lot.......and I think it is the gov. way of discouraging these retailers from retrenching their workers during this difficult period.

well.. they need to.. imagine tourists flew in and first impression of Changi Airport where 50% of shops were vacant due to poor biz and closed down..

Anyway becareful on road as there's many Taxi and PHV driving aimlessly on road.. kenna so many these days as they just cut from no way to street hail.. best part yesterday a PHV pick a passenger on the second lane at a traffic junction when lights is red..... other case is they drive so slow on road hoping someone will appear no where to take their ride..

I understand biz is poor BUT safety still come first.. At least govt/co did help with rental and such.. some biz oredi face 50% pay cut at the mgmt level..

all sectors are hit.. like it or not.. the economy impact is now surfacing.. more to come..

• Praise 8

Actually to be honest here in MCF so many good people.. why not MCF @kobayashiGTorganize a volunteer program to help out at our public Hospitals and polyclinics? As screeners for example? Give a lift to  our Doctors n Nurses ..

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 9

21 minutes ago, BenTong said:

Not bad idea. Let the Doctors N Nurses look after the more critical ones. Then these non critical patients also need help .. like bringing to the roof top for example Hospitals will need volunteers.. thanks for volunteering? You get 1 free surgical mask 😷 

@Soya

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2