COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

10 minutes ago, BenTong said:

Actually to be honest here in MCF so many good people.. why not MCF @kobayashiGTorganize a volunteer program to help out at our public Hospitals and polyclinics? As screeners for example? Give a lift to  our Doctors n Nurses ..

Any incentive such as 1 box of masks, 1/2 a dozen of hand sanitiser, I pack of toilet rolls? 😅😅😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

well.. they need to.. imagine tourists flew in and first impression of Changi Airport where 50% of shops were vacant due to poor biz and closed down..

Anyway becareful on road as there's many Taxi and PHV driving aimlessly on road.. kenna so many these days as they just cut from no way to street hail.. best part yesterday a PHV pick a passenger on the second lane at a traffic junction when lights is red..... other case is they drive so slow on road hoping someone will appear no where to take their ride..

I understand biz is poor BUT safety still come first.. At least govt/co did help with rental and such.. some biz oredi face 50% pay cut at the mgmt level..

all sectors are hit.. like it or not.. the economy impact is now surfacing.. more to come..

Not easy to sail thru this crisis for some business but at least the gov is helping them out a little (will never been enough) and convincing businesses to keep the jobs (too many unemployment will burden the gov too). But businesses really should take this opportunity to remodel their biz or diversify, etc 

39 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Just remember a fifth of patients need critical care. 

You want Club Med, not Club Ded. 😂

Yes, I know you already said less critical cases, but I can never resist being punny. 😁

hello who called....ded?

• Haha! 2

On 2/18/2020 at 10:29 PM, inlinesix said:

As a country, ROC has to protect itself with 1 month temporary ban of surgical mask.  The ban applies to all countries...

I wonder if they run foul with WTO’s free trade. This kind of things, can ‘ban’ quietly eg. Keeping the masks at ports for longer, snapped up all for reserves, etc. No need to tell the whole world about it. 

6 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

I wonder if they run foul with WTO’s free trade. This kind of things, can ‘ban’ quietly eg. Keeping the masks at ports for longer, snapped up all for reserves, etc. No need to tell the whole world about it. 

Suspect they also screwed.. got machine got factory but no Enuf raw materials ..that’s why ban ..  

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, BenTong said:

Suspect they also screwed.. got machine got factory but no Enuf raw materials ..that’s why ban ..  

Agree. Raw material is a real problem. Some ppl are wondering if their mask manufacturing projection and sales of masks are a bit too optimistic and sustainable considering this is still early days of the spread of COVID-19.

But they should also be more tactical cos not many international organisations grant them membership. They are not large, powerful country like USA, China, etc. They also need to consider repercussion of their action for life after this crisis.  

Edited by Silver_blade

7 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Somemore almost all cases here are linked to previous cases and is all within the few claster that was identified.. So for Singapore side.. Quite Heng so far no indication that is spread beyond these few clasters.. This we must really thank spf, moh and etc for their hard work on contact tracing to ensure this virus is contain. 

There are currently 9 cases which are not linked to any of the clusters.

In South Korea, 1 person had spread it to 39 others. With Dorscon Orange and no large gathering of people in close proximity, hope the same won't happen to us. Otherwise the herculean effort put in to contain this virus in the last 1-2 months would have been wasted. 

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Very generous of Changi Airport.  50% is a lot.......and I think it is the gov. way of discouraging these retailers from retrenching their workers during this difficult period.

Personally, I feel that the CAG doesn't have a choice. Imagine what is the implication if those retailers retrenched all of their workers in such period. This is definitely does not do the G any political advantage, moreover - CAG and our airport is one of the most important infrastructure that drives the GDP/economic of our nation.

No one in the right mind within any entity would "slap your own mouth" by investing huge amount of money into an infrastructure project with global publicity/footprint, only to be affected by global/regional issue (COVID-19) that affected your business that is spearhead and initiate with huge support by the G. Everyone has to play its role in difficult times like this, and it doesn't do anyone any good (G, Entity, Employers, Retailers, Employee) if the relations between all of the parties soured. 

• Praise 4

31 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Not easy to sail thru this crisis for some business but at least the gov is helping them out a little (will never been enough) and convincing businesses to keep the jobs (too many unemployment will burden the gov too). But businesses really should take this opportunity to remodel their biz or diversify, etc 

Those jobless and looking for one... sibeh jialat... no additional help coming from Gov..

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Solar said:

Those jobless and looking for one... sibeh jialat... no additional help coming from Gov..

Some may have to relook if they need to look to re train themselves for jobs that are more in demand. They can look for temp welfare assist if they really are in need. 

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Galantspeedz said:

28 Jan - why you never wear own mask?

29 Jan - why you never wear own mask?

30 Jan - how come you suddenly have mask?

And how come you worry being infected by others rather than you infecting others?

How come everyone in clinic need to wear mask?  

Funny if I sprained my ankle but clinic say I need to wear mask lol

You say no one knows how long it will last, so how much should govt stockpile?

Why pity the GP for not stockpiling? Only these 2 months they started seeing people with cough, fever or flu?

How come you ownself never stockpile?

Did you ask yourself if you were prudent?

If we suffer any consequences,  is due to our own decisions.

Bro, I admit I don't have masks at hm then. 28th Jan was 1st day of work for me I straightaway headed to clinic first thing in the morn. Its the 1st time in any visit to the clnincs that I was told no mask. I straightaway headed hm after that and stayed in my room,even though I was low risk cos no visit to chn. 

I could have worn a mask to the 2nd clinic on the next day if the first clinic have masks and provided me. My wife returned to work and got some masks for me. So 3rd day I wore a mask. 

During that time I stayed in room myself.everyone had trouble finding masks. 

You are right that I should have stockpile masks all along. This is my mistake and I've not been prudent. So after I recovered I manage to get and paid a high price for it. 

With regards to why the clinics nvr stockpile I don't know. Could it be the G decided that activating whole army to distribute to households more impt than making sure the less prudent clinics who nvr keep supply themselves? I have GP fres who told me even they had trouble getting stock from suppliers. We have docs here in the forum maybe can chk with them? 

Finally I agree with you taking care of ourselves are our own responsibility. I posted this myself in my replies before you posted. 

• Praise 3

32 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

or diversify, etc 

well take alternate employment as an example.. certain job you can hardly get Singaporean to do.. even so the turnover for them is higher on average.. so some company depends on foreigner to fill up this gap..

Not the companies wanna source from say Malaysia or China for worker.. BUT the application for Work permit is harder for certain countries say Vietnam or Indonesia.. even apple to apple comparison.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Agree. Raw material is a real problem. Some ppl are wondering if their mask manufacturing projection and sales of masks are a bit too optimistic and sustainable considering this is still early days of the spread of COVID-19.

But they should also be more tactical cos not many international organisations grant them membership. They are not large, powerful country like USA, China, etc. They also need to consider repercussion of their action for life after this crisis.  

Steady steady, as of info from yesterday. Prices for Mask is stabilizing over here. 

Next week, our company also start assembling mask machines and those raw materials company has start to ram up their production with the Gov's help. Supplies will increase along the way.

Several region's roads are open, Gov in China is also working to help companies speed up their export liao. Come next week, things will be better as Shenzhen did not have any new cases last 2 days. Let's see the updates today. I believe things will get better. 

• Praise 7

20 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

It’s quite a typicalresponse .. when they don’t have enough Stock they will Wo pu mai.. all about face

32 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Maybe there is some exemption in this kind of situation.

5 minutes ago, Matoonia said:

Bro, I admit I don't have masks at hm then. 28th Jan was 1st day of work for me I straightaway headed to clinic first thing in the morn. Its the 1st time in any visit to the clnincs that I was told no mask. I straightaway headed hm after that and stayed in my room,even though I was low risk cos no visit to chn. 

I could have worn a mask to the 2nd clinic on the next day if the first clinic have masks and provided me. My wife returned to work and got some masks for me. So 3rd day I wore a mask. 

During that time I stayed in room myself.everyone had trouble finding masks. 

You are right that I should have stockpile masks all along. This is my mistake and I've not been prudent. So after I recovered I manage to get and paid a high price for it. 

With regards to why the clinics nvr stockpile I don't know. Could it be the G decided that activating whole army to distribute to households more impt than making sure the less prudent clinics who nvr keep supply themselves? I have GP fres who told me even they had trouble getting stock from suppliers. We have docs here in the forum maybe can chk with them? 

Finally I agree with you taking care of ourselves are our own responsibility. I posted this myself in my replies before you posted. 

I heard Those big GP chains like PS and Waffles  also no stock  from their big HQ. Even though they have their own stockpile.. sad actually .. 

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

well take alternate employment as an example.. certain job you can hardly get Singaporean to do.. even so the turnover for them is higher on average.. so some company depends on foreigner to fill up this gap..

Not the companies wanna source from say Malaysia or China for worker.. BUT the application for Work permit is harder for certain countries say Vietnam or Indonesia.. even apple to apple comparison.

Agree. Most employer will prefer to employ Singaporean if the turn over is smaller cos while local can cost more, we are also generally learn faster if we put our hearts into it instead seeing the job as a temp one. Employing local no need to pay levy, accommodation, etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2