COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

21 minutes ago, BenTong said:

we here are all the fastest swimmers. Not meh?

Of course...but what one chooses to do there after got no relation to swimming liao lor 

hokay...maybe too much water got into the brain...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

How you go makes all the difference.

You kenna heart attack, no big deal.

You go with Wuhan all your family and friends will be talking about you for years.

Maybe only talk about you IN years as your family may not want to tell too many people you died of Wuhan TOO SOON.

Just in case people don't want to talk to them so soon.

:grin: 

For the bros that haven't got their flu jab, I recommend u do it

Don't subscribe to the thinking that it's no use since it doesn't provide immunity against Covid-19. It still protects against H1N1 and a few other less 'famous' strains. The last thing u want right now is an unnecessary scare. And the cost of a jab is around $35 which is lower than a regular doc visit for flu minus the pain & suffering 

Did mine around a month ago b4 the current scare. Last week felt as if I came down w the usual flu symptoms and tink the antibodies reacted immediately. Felt a little feverish early in the morning but by afternoon it's as if nothing happened

• Praise 6

This morning at west coast Macdonalds was crowded and business as usual, hardly anyone wearing mask.  It’s like whole country showing a collective middle finger to the virus! 

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Chongster said:

This morning at west coast Macdonalds was crowded and business as usual, hardly anyone wearing mask.  It’s like whole country showing a collective middle finger to the virus! 

As the days go by, people might get bore on this virus thing and maybe just like back then the H1N1, people just carry on with life as per normal. Tio the virus then say. Lol.

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Chongster said:

The thing about not wearing mask or not using sanitizers is not that kiasi sinkies are brave. It's becoz NO STOCK

Either that or there's some fake news going around that eating Macs can help fend off the virus....lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Soya said:

For lift buttons, I've been using key to press for the longest time ever since I saw this mofo who wiped his runny nose w his finger n then press the lift button after that w the same finger. Yuckkkkks

Problem for me nowadays is I don't carry any key with me, car is keyless, home using thumb print.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

The thing about not wearing mask or not using sanitizers is not that kiasi sinkies are brave. It's becoz NO STOCK

Either that or there's some fake news going around that eating Macs can help fend off the virus....lol

Most likely no stock for masks and sanitizer lo. Until today i still could not see such items on shelves selling?! 😅

3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Problem for me nowadays is I don't carry any key with me, car is keyless, home using thumb print.

Office keys? House letter box key?

Edited by 13177

1 minute ago, Blueray said:

Reality check.

SG currently has 72 cases.

HK and Macau (just next door to China) have 66 cases combined.

Means we f**ked up ? 

Screenshot_20200216-142447.png

Even Malaysia so near to us only have 22 confirmed case? 😂

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-covid-19-japan-cruise-ship-diamond-princess-12439564?cid=FBcna

Looks like this cruise ship is not safe to sail and take in other passengers even after all the current passengers disembarked the ship. The virus could had already went into the ventilation system whereby the air duct is full of virus.. So after all passengers dembarked.. Hopefully this cruise ship will straight away go to yard to strip down all the ventilation and do through cleaning.. If not the virus will be in the ventilation system and when the cruise picked up next group of pax.. Many sure will kanna the virus.. 

My understanding is the virus should able to survive more than 48hrs if it is not on a living body. 

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

No need to get too extreme la, can still touch the railings etc but remember to wash hands before touching face. Such habit should be practice at all times no matter is there any virus outbreak or not.

But I don't think this is a practice for almost everyone here.

7 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Reality check.

SG currently has 72 cases.

HK and Macau (just next door to China) have 66 cases combined.

Means we f**ked up ? 

Screenshot_20200216-142447.png

H1N1 had 400,000 cases in Sg in 2009. And we didn't hv to hoard toilet paper. Just saying.

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Soya said:

H1N1 had 400,000 cases in Sg in 2009. And we didn't hv to hoard toilet paper. Just saying.

I think H1N1 mortality rate was very low,  and during 2009, headline news was sub prime, Lehman brothers, stock market crash,  great recession and massive lay offs. Nobody has time to worry H1N1 when they r more worried about getting retrenched. 

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Even Malaysia so near to us only have 22 confirmed case? 😂

Abang relak one corner. Probably say go online make appointment to test but overpriced crony-developed system crash and later ask u come back n test in 6 months time.....SOP lah.

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Soya said:

For the bros that haven't got their flu jab, I recommend u do it

Don't subscribe to the thinking that it's no use since it doesn't provide immunity against Covid-19. It still protects against H1N1 and a few other less 'famous' strains. The last thing u want right now is an unnecessary scare. And the cost of a jab is around $35 which is lower than a regular doc visit for flu minus the pain & suffering 

Did mine around a month ago b4 the current scare. Last week felt as if I came down w the usual flu symptoms and tink the antibodies reacted immediately. Felt a little feverish early in the morning but by afternoon it's as if nothing happened

Agreed i take annual flu jab also and even tho not foolproof (usually towards EOL) when the worst bugs are going round I at worst get a slight sore throat or runny nose and thats it

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Soya said:

Abang relak one corner. Probably say go online make appointment to test but overpriced crony-developed system crash and later ask u come back n test in 6 months time.....SOP lah.

FYI The first from Westerdam was found in Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement