COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I thought it's the other way round. No return back to wuhan. But yeah lah. regional lockdown.

Wan Pao headline

82799283_2727334507335925_12883127637010

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Can't see the image.

The key thing about SARs was that it was highly lethal. Even young healthy adults died.  So the demographics of the deaths will be rather telling if it's going to be a shit storm or minor pandemic that we'll just get used to after some time.

found the text version

病例梳理:

·1.9 武汉新增1例死亡案例

男性,61岁,因呼吸衰竭、重症肺炎入院,同时患有腹部肿瘤及慢性肝病。该患者常年在武汉市华南海鲜市场采购货物。入院后给予对症支持、抗感染、呼吸机辅助呼吸、持续ECMO体外生命支持等治疗后,症状无好转,于2020年1月9日晚心跳停止,经抢救无效死亡。病原学检测结果提示新型冠状病毒核酸阳性。死亡诊断为重症肺炎,急性呼吸窘迫综合征(重度),脓毒性休克,多器官功能衰竭,严重酸碱代谢紊乱,肝硬化。直接死亡原因为呼吸循环衰竭。

·1.15 武汉新增1例死亡病例

死者熊某某,男,69岁,2019年12月31日发病,2020年1月4日病情加重,转入武汉市金银潭医院救治,入院时患有严重心肌炎(心肌酶达到正常值20倍,心电异常);肾功能异常;多脏器功能受损严重;胸部CT提示肺纤维病灶及胸水、胸膜增厚,考虑有肺结核、胸膜结核疾病,于1月15日00:45因抢救无效死亡。

·1.18 武汉新增1例死亡病例

·1.19 武汉新增1例死者信息

死者陈某,男,89岁,2020年1月13日发病,1月18日因严重呼吸困难入院救治,1月19日23:39抢救无效死亡。患者有高血压、糖尿病、冠心病、频发室性早搏等基础疾病。

·1.20 武汉新增2例死亡病例

死者李某某,男,66岁,2020年1月16日因“间断咳嗽,头痛,乏力伴发热6天”入院治疗;1月17日出现呼吸困难,1月20日10:35出现多器官功能衰竭,抢救无效死亡。死者生前有慢阻肺、高血压病、2型糖尿病、慢性肾功能不全等基础疾病。

死者殷某某,女,48岁,2019年12月10日发病,12月27日出现呼吸困难,12月31日转入武汉市金银潭医院救治,入院时严重呼吸窘迫,2020年1月20日14:31出现多器官功能衰竭,抢救无效死亡。死者生前有糖尿病、脑梗死、胆结石等基础疾病。

The time has come, and this is a very clear message from our MOH. No more guessing or hearsay.

From pandemic preparedness and response point of view, I would say the timing is just right, given that there are now more details and evidences to warrant a travel advisory as well as setting up of ministerial task force.

Singapore to form Wuhan virus ministerial task force, imported case 'inevitable': Gan Kim Yong

ncid-staff.jpg

SINGAPORE: Health Minister Gan Kim Yong said on Wednesday (Jan 22) that he will co-chair a multiministerial task force to deal with the "eventuality" of the Wuhan virus on Singapore's shores. 

He will lead the committee with Minister for National Development Lawrence Wong.

"It is inevitable that we will see an imported case sooner or later," said Mr Gan, adding that this is because of the evolving situation and the high volume of traffic in and out of Singapore. 

He was speaking to reporters after an update from the Ministry of Health (MOH) on the Wuhan virus situation. Three more suspected cases have been identified in Singapore and are undergoing testing.

In a press release on Wednesday, the Health Ministry advised travellers to avoid non-essential travel to Wuhan.

"MOH reminded the public to continue to exercise caution and attention to personal hygiene when travelling to the rest of China," the release said.

Wuhan, the Chinese city at the centre of the SARS-like outbreak, has urged people to stay away as it strives to contain a disease that has spread across the country. 

The death toll from the virus has reached nine while more than 400 people have now been infected in 13 provinces and municipalities. 

The disease is spreading just as hundreds of millions of people are travelling in packed trains, planes and buses across China to gather with friends and family for the Chinese New Year holiday, which starts on Saturday.

Across the world, the virus has spread to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States. 

On Wednesday, Singapore began isolating all pneumonia patients who have been in China in recent weeks. Those with acute respiratory infection and have visited a hospital in China within 14 days before their symptoms surfaced will also be isolated. 

Previously, only patients with fever and pneumonia and who have travelled to Wuhan have been subject to isolation.

• Praise 10

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

how Come no case in Singapore? Hopefully our screening is up to date.

Is screening a 100% solution or prevention?

"Incubation period. The incubation period will vary depending on the pathogen, and will have to be determined through surveillance. The incubation period for human influenza is typically 2 days, with a range of 1 - 4 days. However, human cases of avian influenza have incubation periods around 2 - 8 days and as long as 14 - 17 days. The incubation period for SARS was up to 10 days, and MERS-CoV up to 14 days. Depending on the pathogen, the incubation period for field investigations and monitoring of contacts will also vary correspondingly.

Transmission. There are 3 modes of transmission for respiratory pathogens: a. Large droplet spread (the main route of transmission for influenza); b. Transmission through droplet nuclei, i.e. airborne spread (Sneezing, coughing and even talking can produce droplets of wide variety of particle sizes that can facilitate droplet or droplet nuclei infection); and c. Contact, either direct or indirect, with respiratory secretions."

https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/diseases-updates/interim-pandemic-plan-public-ver-_april-2014.pdf

Just hope no virus outbreak. 

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

The time has come, and this is a very clear message from our MOH. No more guessing or hearsay.

From pandemic preparedness and response point of view, I would say the timing is just right, given that there are now more details and evidences to warrant a travel advisory as well as setting up of ministerial task force.

Singapore to form Wuhan virus ministerial task force, imported case 'inevitable': Gan Kim Yong

ncid-staff.jpg

SINGAPORE: Health Minister Gan Kim Yong said on Wednesday (Jan 22) that he will co-chair a multiministerial task force to deal with the "eventuality" of the Wuhan virus on Singapore's shores. 

He will lead the committee with Minister for National Development Lawrence Wong.

"It is inevitable that we will see an imported case sooner or later," said Mr Gan, adding that this is because of the evolving situation and the high volume of traffic in and out of Singapore. 

He was speaking to reporters after an update from the Ministry of Health (MOH) on the Wuhan virus situation. Three more suspected cases have been identified in Singapore and are undergoing testing.

In a press release on Wednesday, the Health Ministry advised travellers to avoid non-essential travel to Wuhan.

"MOH reminded the public to continue to exercise caution and attention to personal hygiene when travelling to the rest of China," the release said.

Wuhan, the Chinese city at the centre of the SARS-like outbreak, has urged people to stay away as it strives to contain a disease that has spread across the country. 

The death toll from the virus has reached nine while more than 400 people have now been infected in 13 provinces and municipalities. 

The disease is spreading just as hundreds of millions of people are travelling in packed trains, planes and buses across China to gather with friends and family for the Chinese New Year holiday, which starts on Saturday.

Across the world, the virus has spread to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States. 

On Wednesday, Singapore began isolating all pneumonia patients who have been in China in recent weeks. Those with acute respiratory infection and have visited a hospital in China within 14 days before their symptoms surfaced will also be isolated. 

Previously, only patients with fever and pneumonia and who have travelled to Wuhan have been subject to isolation.

For this I would said our garmen are doing a good job in doing a preparedness and prevention to get ready fight the virus.

When time to give praise have to  give, even though I don't like many others things they do.

• Praise 13

11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

For this I would said our garmen are doing a good job in doing a preparedness and prevention to get ready fight the virus.

When time to give praise have to  give, even though I don't like many others things they do.

Well said bro

call a spade a spade!

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Now i wondering still ok to travel to other countries other than china?

Take precaution! I still have a Bali and Taiwan trip coming up. Bad time for air travel. 

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

I miss those days working in a clean room.

Heng my flu bug gone :grin:

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

Just in. 

The death toll from China's new flu-like virus in Hubei province has risen to 17 and the total number of confirmed cases has risen further, state television reported on Wednesday (Jan 22), citing the provincial government.

The province confirmed 444 total cases of the coronavirus, which emerged in its capital Wuhan, as of 8pm local time.

The previously reported death toll in China was nine, all in Hubei province.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1