COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

I'm hoping it will bring down property prices... 

Amass cash now and pick up cheap blue chips later..

• Praise 1

https://www.thinkchina.sg/wuhan-coronavirus-lack-urgency-and-transparency-blame

Wuhan coronavirus: Lack of urgency and transparency to blame?

On 31 December 2019, Wuhan officials declared the outbreak of a string of pneumonia-like virus with unknown cause for the first time. 22 days have passed since the day that the virus was first declared until 20 January 2020, when China began to classify cases under a Class B infectious disease, which allows for greater resources to be mobilised. What happened during these 22 days? Why was the alarm only sounded on 20 January 2020, when it should have been sounded much earlier?

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

27 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I marvel at his bravery... cos he can be TOUCHED... realllyyyyy.  Easily.  

Then.. I realised.  What he said applies to here too 😔.

21 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Wonder all the tourists there how? Become residents there for the next few months?

Well... I'm sure hotel vacancies should be there.. prices won't be increasing anytime soon ..🤔

Shut down at such a timing where people are preparing for cny and for many will be flying to other state or countries to cny visiting and etc. So now all their travel plan are affected.. Really sway to the max.. 

• Praise 4

Maybe they should stop people from China travelling to other parts of the world for holiday.

This is the most non essential travel right?

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I have friends from Wuhan, a family of 4, that are traveling to BKK for Lunar. They managed to get a flight out of Chongqing to BKK. Apparently the lockdown is not that hard to beat.

The illness was first reported in LATE December 2019 in Wuhan, a major city in central China, and has been rapidly spreading. Since then, sick travelers from Wuhan have infected people in China and other countries, including the United States.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

image.png.e8c77b35e49de393c36a83f9109e51fb.png

Chinese told to comply with airport coronavirus checks after woman ‘evaded’ screening in France

It comes after a woman from Wuhan – the central Chinese city where the outbreak began – posted photos of herself at a restaurant in France on social media, saying she had been feeling ill when she travelled to the country so she took medication to bring down her temperature before arriving at the airport.

The Chinese traveller wrote that she had flu-like symptoms before she left Wuhan.

“I had a fever and a cough before I left – I was so scared. I quickly took some medicine and checked my temperature. Luckily the temperature was controlled and I had a smooth journey through the border,” the woman wrote on social network WeChat, according to Chinese news platform Sohu.

It is not known which airport in France the woman travelled through, or when she arrived.

Stupid cow

:yuush: