COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

Hong Kong solved the Wuhan virus 6 months ago.

We have 3 times more confirm cases than Hong Kong.

If they didn't take measures 6 months ago

they will have at least 10 times more than us

and 10 times is very conservative.

:grin:

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Don't think the fatality rate is 100%. 

36,000 Americans die of influenza a year, don't need to panic yet.  So far, those that died are mostly old folks, I read.  If I see the virus killing those in their 20s and 30s, I am going to go hide in the mountains next.

https://time.com/5770924/wuhan-coronavirus-youngest-death/

A 36 year old man has succumbed to the virus. You need to climb up Bukit Timah Hill now! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
23 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So fast from 1 to 3.

[bigcry]

More to come at the rate we're going. Esp with the 3rd infected patient having traveled to Orchard, MBS and Gardens by the Bay on public transport. Crazy.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Would it have helped if we have closed our borders to PRCs earlier? More swift action? Since by nature human is selfish and wont self disclose their condition anyway...we have to be selfish ourselves..as a country

Closing borders is not going to work and may be counter productive.  Cos what if others pay us  back the same coin? What about our economy?

Let me explain some very simple scenarios.  We ban flights from china.  What if they landed at KL and took a bus to singapore?  Or from beijing to tokyo to Singapore.  Are you gonna close all the borders as well?  And you cant say ban china tourists only because the one carrying the virus might be Singaporean, malaysian and so on.....  Ferry terminal, tuas, causeway....  Because if u take a drastic step of closing one border and the case slips in from another, the fallout both medically and politically will be great.

What if we close the border and suddenly malaysia closes the  border with Singapore for the same reason? I believe we have a tourist from china who landed in Singapore and went to Malaysia and is now quarantined there? Dont forget we have a madhatter as PM there.

Best is still screening and vigilance.

2 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

More to come at the rate we're going. Esp with the 3rd infected patient having traveled to Orchard, MBS and Gardens by the Bay on public transport. Crazy.

Irresponsible.

• Praise 1

People always say if we took measures against climate change we will damage our economy.

No planet means no economy.

Same with health.

No healthy people also means no economy.

The most important thing people can do to stop this virus

is stop unnecessary travel.

Its so simple but people that come from the highest risk areas cannot even do this. 

Countries should not need to close their borders to China tourists.

China people especially if they come from Wuhan need to take the responsibility and think for themselves do they really want to go on holiday now and potentially spread the virus to innocent people in other countries?

If I was working in Wuhan I would not travel home and risk spreading the virus to the rest of my family. Do I really want to put my loved ones at risk?

No I would not. I would just get my MIL to come and celebrate CNY with me in Wuhan. 

Let her try the delicious snake and bat which they eat alive. I cannot join her as I am a temporary vegetarian.

image.png.478167b42c726ac5ae71c8e19ba3474c.png

• Haha! 3