COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

11 hours ago, Estrangable said:

Absolutely. I agree. We should follow our great motherland and just drop all pretences... just follow our communist brothers and just screw democracy 

Great - I have PM you after reading this post. Pls let's catch up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Jusnel said:

knowing our SG govt, v sibei kiasi one. 

They are never the first movers.  They always adopt the wait and see attitude, see what other countries are doing.  They won't be the first to implement anything, because they fear of consequences that they don't know how to react. 

its a typical singaporean mindset.  Herd mentality.   

you just watch. they are waiting for more countries to ban chinese.  Then they will join in quietly.

yeah, MSMD.

:XD:

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

When asked how far along the discussions were, Dr Janil said Singapore needed to go through the Chinese authorities and pointed to "difficulties" on the ground.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/spore-residents-and-scoot-staff-back-from-hangzhou

With flights to Wuhan cancelled from Jan 23, Scoot said it has received approval from the Chinese authorities to operate two one-way flights to Wuhan, to ferry passengers stranded in Singapore.

17 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Conspiracy theory

https://gnews.org/89749/

There's discussion that basically says analysis of the virus suggest the source cannot be the seafood market.. specifically that it happened earlier so the seafood market is also a "victim" that got highlighted by the media. 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

knowing our SG govt, v sibei kiasi one. 

They are never the first movers.  They always adopt the wait and see attitude, see what other countries are doing.  They won't be the first to implement anything, because they fear of consequences that they don't know how to react. 

its a typical singaporean mindset.  Herd mentality.   

you just watch. they are waiting for more countries to ban chinese.  Then they will join in quietly.

Wait for usa and eu to start first 😂 

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Wuhan virus: Death toll jumps to 106, nearly 1,300 new cases as Chinese citizens urged to reconsider overseas travel

rk_tempcheck_280120.jpg?itok=jEG3vrdu&ti

WUHAN (AFP, REUTERS, BLOOMBERG) - The death toll from a coronavirus outbreak in China has soared to 106 while nearly 1,300 new cases have been confirmed, authorities said on Tuesday (Jan 28).

The health commission in central Hubei province, the epicentre of the epidemic, said 24 more people had died from the virus and 1,291 more people were infected, raising the total number of confirmed cases to more than 4,000 nationwide.

China’s National Immigration Administration encouraged citizens to reconsider the timing of overseas travel to reduce cross-border movement to help contain the new coronavirus, it said in a statement published on its official WeChat account on Tuesday.

China’s Ministry of Education has announced that the 2020 spring semester for schools will be postponed due to the novel coronavirus outbreak, Xinhua reported.

The ministry did not give the exact opening dates of the new semester for colleges and universities but indicated that the decisions should be made depending on their localities, according to a circular released by the ministry late Monday.  

The ministry suggested that colleges and universities under the central government’s other ministries or departments also postpone school semester accordingly.  The new semester opening dates for universities and colleges under local authorities’ administration, middle and primary schools, as well as kindergartens, should be decided by local education authorities.

Meanwhile, the director-general of the World Health Organisation is visiting Beijing to assess China’s response to the deadly coronavirus.

Mr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus's trip follows a visit on Monday by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang to Wuhan.

Global efforts to curb the spread of the disease have intensified. Companies including Honda Motor Co. are evacuating workers from areas of China hardest hit by the outbreak.

The US said citizens should reconsider travel to China, while Hong Kong announced the temporary closing of all sports and cultural facilities starting Wednesday.

Official statistics as at 28 Jan 9:49am.

In China (including Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan)[/u]

- Confirmed: 4,520 cases (2,714 in Hubei)
- Suspected: 5,794 cases
- Death: 106 cases
- Recovered: 61 cases

Other countries

- Confirmed: 45 cases
- Suspected: 201 cases
- Death: 0 case
- Recovered: 3 cases

I read these numbers differently.  

They could mean three things.

1)  the rate of infection spreading is increasing - scary 

2)  results from suspected cases are back - not as scary assuming the suspected cases are already quarantined 

3) both.  Worst case scenario

Right now based on the article it's hard to tell.

But my opinion is solely based on situation in Wuhan and has no bearing in my thoughts on overseas cases.

Two cents.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Playtime said:

There's discussion that basically says analysis of the virus suggest the source cannot be the seafood market.. specifically that it happened earlier so the seafood market is also a "victim" that got highlighted by the media. 

I read that. The report pointed to 13 confirmed cases that have no links whatsoever to the vendors in the market. It could be a case of infected individuals who visited the market before and infected the vendors there. 

Anyway, since chinese eat bats and rats, it must be the fault of chinese. So convenient.

I also saw JB and African restaurants selling bats, but hey, since they are not china chinese, they couldn't be possibly spreading virus can they?

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

2)  results from suspected cases are back - not as scary assuming the suspected cases are already quarantined 

But my opinion is solely based on situation in Wuhan and has no bearing in my thoughts on overseas cases.

Two cents.

The death rate also may not be accurate. 

Read some allegations that doctors may have under reported or misreported cause of death. 

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

I read that. The report pointed to 13 confirmed cases that have no links whatsoever to that market. It could be a case of infected individuals who visited the market and infected the vendors there. 

Anyway, since chinese eat bats and rats, it must be the fault of chinese. So convenient.

I also saw JB and African restaurants selling bats, but hey, since they are not china chinese, they couldn't be possibly spreading virus can they?

Ya lo.  CCP wan sui!!!!

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I read that. The report pointed to 13 confirmed cases that have no links whatsoever to that market. It could be a case of infected individuals who visited the market before and infected the vendors there. 

Africans die also no one knows or cares lor..

But I think it's the sheer scale of their markets that crossed some critical boundaries and caused the viruses to jump species. If they properly regulated the husbandry and slaughtering, might be no problem. 

But who knows really 🙄

54 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Two cents.

Another view of the stats is that China had ramped up effort (i.e. deployment of military doctors) to help in detection hence the increase in numbers.

Don't anyhow interpret data! Later kena POFMA! But then again, whole world singing same tune. POFMA enough ink or not.

Edited by Knoobie
  • Shocked 1

53 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Two cents.

I put it graphically for you to comment

Image 28-1-20 at 11.33 AM.jpg

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 3

Even Chinese Authorities warned about mutation of the virus causing it harder to detect. Don't know our 4G signal too weak issit. Cannot catch the signals. Until now still don't restrict incoming from China.

These telcos better pray don't widespread here. Later no need think of 5G even.

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20200128-1024175

网上出现禁止中国旅客入境言论 将心比心 王乙康:国人也不希望自己被赶出其他国家

The petition is trying to ban Hubei travelers from entering the country. Mr. Ong is talking about Singaporeans being evicted out of foreign countries. Sounds like there is a distinct difference, or am I not reading between the lines?[hur]

• Haha! 1

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3047860/china-coronavirus-hong-kong-government-asks-civil-servants

China coronavirus: Hong Kong government asks civil servants to work from home after Lunar New Year holiday and urges private sector to enforce similar arrangements

The arrangement, which will not apply to those who provide urgent and necessary public services, will start from Wednesday to Sunday (February 2), pending a review by then.

↡ Advertisement