COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Nowadays, cannot anyhow hearsay.  Must have rigorous scientific proof, otherwise  may kena from pofma.

Anyway Happy CNY and stay healthy!

Think that was from china doctor statement. 

yah happy CNY and stay healthy everyone

is it advisable to watch the fat dragon? Lol

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

I read that. The report pointed to 13 confirmed cases that have no links whatsoever to the vendors in the market. It could be a case of infected individuals who visited the market before and infected the vendors there. 

Anyway, since chinese eat bats and rats, it must be the fault of chinese. So convenient.

I also saw JB and African restaurants selling bats, but hey, since they are not china chinese, they couldn't be possibly spreading virus can they?

China chinese genes is weak. African and indonesian genes much stronger eat bat dog and other weird species bo daiji one lolol

• Haha! 3

My colleague showed me a box of surgical mask she bought during weekend. 

I kept looking and checking the box...... then I realized.... "made in Wuhan, China"

She cannot decide to use or not to. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 14

3 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I kept looking and checking the box...... then I realized.... "made in Wuhan, China"

No wonder your colleague managed to buy mask?! Lol. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

qumT3Ya.gif

• Haha! 4

56 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Well, she can say I come bearing gifts from Wuhan. [laugh]

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

Why cannot use?  Don’t do follow the logic.  

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

I just managed to buy 3 X 10 pcs pack from NTUC, just packed in plain plastic bag, no indication of place of manufacture. 😭

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

UK wanted to fly their consulate or citizens out of Wuhan. Told not allowed by China govt without exception. But probably usa will be allowed given the current trade war issue. 

This is most likely a political diplomatic issue. UK will need to go get approval from winnie the pooh. 

2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

This is most likely a political diplomatic issue. UK will need to go get approval from winnie the pooh. 

Haha xjp very busy now. 

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

I just managed to buy 3 X 10 pcs pack from NTUC, just packed in plain plastic bag, no indication of place of manufacture. 😭

I bought on shopee and expected delivery earliest 6 feb😂

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext#

Background
A recent cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan, China, was caused by a novel betacoronavirus, the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). We report the epidemiological, clinical, laboratory, and radiological characteristics and treatment and clinical outcomes of these patients.

Findings
By Jan 2, 2020, 41 admitted hospital patients had been identified as having laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infection. Most of the infected patients were men (30 [73%] of 41); less than half had underlying diseases (13 [32%]), including diabetes (eight [20%]), hypertension (six [15%]), and cardiovascular disease (six [15%]). Median age was 49·0 years (IQR 41·0–58·0). 27 (66%) of 41 patients had been exposed to Huanan seafood market. One family cluster was found. Common symptoms at onset of illness were fever (40 [98%] of 41 patients), cough (31 [76%]), and myalgia or fatigue (18 [44%]); less common symptoms were sputum production (11 [28%] of 39), headache (three [8%] of 38), haemoptysis (two [5%] of 39), and diarrhoea (one [3%] of 38). Dyspnoea developed in 22 (55%) of 40 patients (median time from illness onset to dyspnoea 8·0 days [IQR 5·0–13·0]). 26 (63%) of 41 patients had lymphopenia. All 41 patients had pneumonia with abnormal findings on chest CT. Complications included acute respiratory distress syndrome (12 [29%]), RNAaemia (six [15%]), acute cardiac injury (five [12%]) and secondary infection (four [10%]). 13 (32%) patients were admitted to an ICU and six (15%) died. Compared with non-ICU patients, ICU patients had higher plasma levels of IL2, IL7, IL10, GSCF, IP10, MCP1, MIP1A, and TNFα.

↡ Advertisement