COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

I don't think lock down will be effective,  sure got those cannot be bothered type who will sneak out. 

Was at JEMS earlier after CNY visits.  A lot of people wearing surgical masks.  

Bought 2 boxes (50 pcs each) at S$24. Limited to 2 boxes per customer. 

I could not get any mask from pharmacy lo, all sold out! Was out today, indeed saw many people wearing mask.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I could not get any mask from pharmacy lo, all sold out! Was out today, indeed saw many people wearing mask.

Due to CNY, many supplier and delivery person most likely already stop work on CNY eve. No one to deliver to the shop.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Due to CNY, many supplier and delivery person most likely already stop work on CNY eve. No one to deliver to the shop.

Like this have to wait until next week then have stock liao.

4 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

I don't think lock down will be effective,  sure got those cannot be bothered type who will sneak out. 

Was at JEMS earlier after CNY visits.  A lot of people wearing surgical masks.  

Bought 2 boxes (50 pcs each) at S$24. Limited to 2 boxes per customer. 

100% may not be possible. I presume it is to buy time and slow down the spread? Before they figure out the DNA of this virus and find a vaccine, noone wants to deal with 10x Hubei.  

Interestingly, China is taking very drastic measures while WHO is refusing to declare it as a global pandemic. This may not be as fatal as SARS but it goes to show how powerful the Chinese state is (pure speculation on my part). 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Like this have to wait until next week then have stock liao.

You can try pharmacy at public hospital.

Normally you can there but no discount.

16 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Is there sometime more they not telling the world...🤔

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/25/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html

Coronavirus Spurs China to Suspend Tours Abroad and Xi to Warn of a ‘Grave Situation’

Concern over the outbreak has crept closer to central government offices and the ruling Communist Party’s seat of power.

The PRC gahmen should've suspended travel earlier if it had been in its power (as everything in China seems to be).

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, Blueray said:

Another confirmed case here.

Screenshot_20200126-032955.png

Malaysia also confirmed its 4th case. Another Wuhan guy who traveled to Malaysia via bus from Singapore. 

23 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Is there sometime more they not telling the world...🤔

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/25/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html

Coronavirus Spurs China to Suspend Tours Abroad and Xi to Warn of a ‘Grave Situation’

Concern over the outbreak has crept closer to central government offices and the ruling Communist Party’s seat of power.

Me think so too.. Hong Kong declared emergency n closed schools when they had fewer confirmed cases than Singapore.. Seems they know something that we dun...

Internal Moderator

I have a confession to make. 

Prior to this Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, I wasn't even aware a city like Wuhan existed on the map. And it's not even a small city, its one of 11 million. Wuhan just doesn't seem like a popular travel destination unlike the usual Shanghai, Beijing, Guang Zhou.. 

Post-Wuhan coronavirus, all of the outbreaks out of China are imported cases from people who are majority residents of Wuhan, minority foreigners who visited Wuhan. 

So my point is, are these Wuhan people so well traveled and love traveling so much especially during the Lunar New Year period? They're popping up at all parts of the world in large droves.

CNY is a period where people return to their hometown for reunion dinners I THOUGHT. Why are these Wuhan people traveling out of their country during CNY for sightseeing and all, and not on a normal CNY break ok, but one where their city is on a lockdown and themselves at a potentially high risk of carrying the infection. 

I don't understand or maybe there's no need to understand cos they're from China after all. Not one to be associated with the highest morals. 

Cos to me it seems like they are deliberately spreading their virus around the world. Even implicating Malaysia now. 

• Praise 5

8 hours ago, Tohto said:

You can try pharmacy at public hospital.

Normally you can there but no discount.

I will avoid going near all the public hospitals at this time. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Isn’t the situation here also the same too with our so called paper Gens 

Wa leow like that means TCB sure become PM next GE and then he can be in the front line la coz he doctor.

• Dislike 1
  • Haha! 2

11 hours ago, BenTong said:

Don’t be alarmist. Better late than never..

if we follow your position.. then all of us be prepared to be infected..

Better late than pregnant lah

• Haha! 7

15 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

I have a confession to make. 

Prior to this Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, I wasn't even aware a city like Wuhan existed on the map. And it's not even a small city, its one of 11 million. Wuhan just doesn't seem like a popular travel destination unlike the usual Shanghai, Beijing, Guang Zhou.. 

Post-Wuhan coronavirus, all of the outbreaks out of China are imported cases from people who are majority residents of Wuhan, minority foreigners who visited Wuhan. 

So my point is, are these Wuhan people so well traveled and love traveling so much especially during the Lunar New Year period? They're popping up at all parts of the world in large droves.

CNY is a period where people return to their hometown for reunion dinners I THOUGHT. Why are these Wuhan people traveling out of their country during CNY for sightseeing and all, and not on a normal CNY break ok, but one where their city is on a lockdown and themselves at a potentially high risk of carrying the infection. 

I don't understand or maybe there's no need to understand cos they're from China after all. Not one to be associated with the highest morals. 

Cos to me it seems like they are deliberately spreading their virus around the world. Even implicating Malaysia now. 

CNY is one of two holiday periods in China. Many chinese travel overseas with their immediate or extended family. The Chinese diaspora is particularly wide. So visiting relatives is another. 

Wuhan is actually bigger than 11 mil. Including the neighbouring small cities that service the main city. Its a population of 25 mil. 

• Praise 3

15 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

not deliberately, but just simple human behaviour. "It won't happen to me syndrome" Plus being highly inconsiderate. Despite knowing their patriarch could possibly infected, they still insisted on going to Malaysia ?! God knows how many more they could have infected on the bus and at the crowded immigration checkpoints. WTF !! Damn them !! PUI ! 🖕

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/ica-denies-that-over-100-wuhan-travellers-stopped-from-entering-061142610.html

well, why not. Since a part of their population do not give a damn 

• Praise 5

They should look at where PRC tourists change buses before second link to go into Malaysia. The Not legal area lor. By factories at the roadside hidden from plain sight. But not the blackvue...

See if anybody is sick around that area.

By the mrt station hiding in the industrial area.

Go toilet, pui pui all that.

Cleaners, now is the time to squeeze.

Edited by Datsun366
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1