COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

So is there a assign hospital that cater to the virus or it’s self contained within each hospital to contain the situation?

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. I'm sure when hongkongers bore a significant brunt of Sars in 2003, many of Rhos who could also fled to other Asian cities for a while. 

In Singapore, honestly the only difference is that the govt knows its shit. And u are probably in the safest single most overprepared city in the entire world for such a pandemic. I can guarantee you that. 

That's what I said too.

:grin:

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

So is there a assign hospital that cater to the virus or it’s self contained within each hospital to contain the situation?

If present to a&e of the hospital, ownself gaotim. 

If present to GP and require moh special ambulance. Go to ttsh cdc. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

45 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Lock down sentosa stay at 5* resort paid by garmen.

3 out of 4 cases stayed Sentosa.

3/4 = 75% ... jin serious lei ... :a-panic:

we gotta blow up the bridge linking mainland to Sentosa. [:p]

• Haha! 3

The health care workers in Wuhan are overwhelmed 

because of a lack of leadership, weeks of cover ups

and playing down the situation and complete incompetence.

Its a political problem.

Incompetence and corruption does not work.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Welcome to the Belt and Road Pandemic

There’s one difference between the Wuhan virus and previous outbreaks in the region: China is now impossible to quarantine.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/24/wuhan-virus-china-belt-and-road-pandemic/

Huh?  Belt and road?

It is air travel (Chinese with passports probably tripled in the last 15 years) and the high speed rail in China that are driving the rapid outbreak.  

Some stupid American propaganda again.  

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
21 minutes ago, pChou said:

The dead bodies are most likely those who fake death to skip queue. Just like how they would run to a car and fake accident just to get money. 

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, pChou said:

That video might be taken within the first couple of days as they were not prepared.

Understand that huge support and supplies have been sent in already. 

One article I got they managed to build a 9000 bed tent within days.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Welcome to the Belt and Road Pandemic

There’s one difference between the Wuhan virus and previous outbreaks in the region: China is now impossible to quarantine.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/24/wuhan-virus-china-belt-and-road-pandemic/

Of the five people who have tested positive for the virus in Hong Kong so far, four arrived via a newly built high-speed train terminal which connects with the mainland.

That led to calls from some medical experts and politicians to limit, or even halt, arrivals from China, the epicentre of the outbreak with 41 people dead.

6 months of anti Wuhan virus preparation in HK

has limited to just 5 cases.

:a-m1212:

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

I suspect these prc ppl go to overseas, knowing that overseas medical care is alot better than China's.  They aim those first world countries. 

They dont know if they are infected. But they do know they will get free medical care overseas if have the virus.

This is bulls**t, unless there is evidence that many of those travel from China have booked their tickets last minute after the outbreak of the virus.

1. For most ppl travel with group tourists or with their family, air tickets would have been booked way in advance. This pattern is the same for ppl in any other countries when they decide to travel to another distant country having totally different weather to spend a week of their most important holidays. Don't think there is large percentage of last minute travellers among Singaporeans who travel during the peak June⁄December holidays in tour groups or with entire family to places like China, Australia, Taiwan, New Zealand.

2. It's not possible to have such evidence simply because very few seats are left for popular holiday destinations like Singapore just one or two weeks before Chinese New Year. All tickets are already taken up before the knowledge of the outbreak.

I can assure nearly 100% are genuine holiday goers so far. Like another bro said, it's just a number and probability game. Every year got many ppl coming from China during CNY to fill up price inflated hotels and spend elsewhere in Singapore. This year is no different and some will be from Wuhan like every other year. 

• Praise 10

32 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Would it not make sense to use the healthy 360 app or the heath hub app to update every hr so as to have a single source of truth?

Hi

https://www.moh.gov.sg/2019-ncov-wuhan

You can check here.  Now hourly updates are probably a waste of resources  and not value add for NOW.

An example would be a stable patient with fever.  8 hrly temp reading should be sufficient.  If the patient is in ICU for heat stroke maybe one temp reading every five minutes is needed.  Or even real time continuous monitoring of vitals like HR and so in.

My point is, in singapore things are still controlled.  My two cents is there is no need for hourly updates for now because it serves no end other than rehashing old news.  Of cos situation can change suddenly.

I think POFMA should be used on those who maliciously spread rumours who hide behind the words hearsay. But yea with social media rumours will be inevitable.  So I think we should do our part and not spread rumours.   It helps  no one.  At most send an email enquiry or something if the rumour is so urgent you need an answer immediately-which I doubt.

• Praise 11

7 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Hi

You can check here.  Now hourly updates are probably a waste of resources  and not value add for NOW.

An example would be a stable patient with fever.  8 hrly temp reading should be sufficient.  If the patient is in ICU for heat stroke maybe one temp reading every five minutes is needed.  Or even real time continuous monitoring of vitals like HR and so in.

My point is, in singapore things are still controlled.  My two cents is there is no need for hourly updates for now because it serves no end other than rehashing old news.  Of cos situation can change suddenly.

I think POFMA should be used on those who maliciously spread rumours who hide behind the words hearsay. But yea with social media rumours will be inevitable.  So I think we should do our part and not spread rumours.   It helps  no one.  At most send an email enquiry or something if the rumour is so urgent you need an answer immediately-which I doubt.

U talk sense! Had it been me I would have said all die leow.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Hi

As the Wuhan virus is trending on the internet and social media, many opportunists will take this chance to clickbait or make a viral fake news just to gain more viewers/like/subscribe/follow/share. 

Many fakes news being propagated even shared here. 

• Praise 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/wuhan-virus-china-pneumonia-outbreak-city-shut-12320076

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/china-deploys-450-military-medical-staff-to-virus-epicentre

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51245156

hope the efforts will work. Now total lock down in Wuhan, Hubei, and some other cities (just heard Beijing) + mobilisation of military doctors + new temporary hospital is being built with a schedule of 6 days.

When the army is involved in past events like flooding or earthquake, it means a national coordination by the central gov which means resources and supplies will be more, efficiency will be higher. No local officials, no matter how bad or how corrupted in the past, dare to not work hard or stand in the way. It no longer time to save their faces but time to save their jobs. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1