COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Hearsay one victim normally would pass on the virus to 3-4 other people

hopefully these 5 cases doesnt spread to others🙏

Nowadays, cannot anyhow hearsay.  Must have rigorous scientific proof, otherwise  may kena from pofma.

Anyway Happy CNY and stay healthy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

i think at least needs to restrict hubei people coming in. I don't understand why not? HK and Macau is already taking the lead. So China should not be offended if we do similar right? after all we are not like Bali dependent heavily on tourist income... the pain of an outbreak should be far more than tourist drop...

• Praise 2

Actually I'm thinking those Chinese ppl in Wuhan or other parts of China who consume exotic meats regularly, they might have some strain of the virus lying dormant in their bodies. And when this stronger virus comes along it will like trigger or mutate whatever is staying in the host body. If the mammals where the exotic meats come from can readily get infected by the virus nothing is going to stop infecting us humans. Even more so for those who consume the exotic meat on a regular basis.

They should have ban the exotic meats when they so called investigated back during the sars. But they didnt. Nobody suggested it. I wonder why.

• Praise 3

16 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

i think at least needs to restrict hubei people coming in. I don't understand why not? HK and Macau is already taking the lead. So China should not be offended if we do similar right? after all we are not like Bali dependent heavily on tourist income... the pain of an outbreak should be far more than tourist drop...

My Singapore Acquittances in China think that it will offend China, especially Singapore and China got special relationship.

Currently, all cases are imported.  Travel restriction will greatly reduce local infection.  That will reduce the strain on local medical resources.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

takes political will and balls to implement such a move.

some leaders have it, some don't.

[laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My Singapore Friends in China think that it will offend China.

I dont THINK it will as long as its phrased and done correctly but the only way to know is to actually do it and see how china reacts.

I could be wrong.. I am famous for "famous last words".  So to make such a decision would need a leader with balls.  Because if he is wrong and the country suffers his career and name is gone.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Kb27 said:

And so..the curious question of why 2 recent pandemic originate from the same country, SARS and Wuhan virus comes to mind. But it hasn't happen before.

You left out Ebola and Mers??? These two not from China right?

• Praise 5

Wuhan virus: Death toll jumps to 106, nearly 1,300 new cases as Chinese citizens urged to reconsider overseas travel

rk_tempcheck_280120.jpg?itok=jEG3vrdu&ti

WUHAN (AFP, REUTERS, BLOOMBERG) - The death toll from a coronavirus outbreak in China has soared to 106 while nearly 1,300 new cases have been confirmed, authorities said on Tuesday (Jan 28).

The health commission in central Hubei province, the epicentre of the epidemic, said 24 more people had died from the virus and 1,291 more people were infected, raising the total number of confirmed cases to more than 4,000 nationwide.

China’s National Immigration Administration encouraged citizens to reconsider the timing of overseas travel to reduce cross-border movement to help contain the new coronavirus, it said in a statement published on its official WeChat account on Tuesday.

China’s Ministry of Education has announced that the 2020 spring semester for schools will be postponed due to the novel coronavirus outbreak, Xinhua reported.

The ministry did not give the exact opening dates of the new semester for colleges and universities but indicated that the decisions should be made depending on their localities, according to a circular released by the ministry late Monday.  

The ministry suggested that colleges and universities under the central government’s other ministries or departments also postpone school semester accordingly.  The new semester opening dates for universities and colleges under local authorities’ administration, middle and primary schools, as well as kindergartens, should be decided by local education authorities.

Meanwhile, the director-general of the World Health Organisation is visiting Beijing to assess China’s response to the deadly coronavirus.

Mr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus's trip follows a visit on Monday by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang to Wuhan.

Global efforts to curb the spread of the disease have intensified. Companies including Honda Motor Co. are evacuating workers from areas of China hardest hit by the outbreak.

The US said citizens should reconsider travel to China, while Hong Kong announced the temporary closing of all sports and cultural facilities starting Wednesday.

Official statistics as at 28 Jan 9:49am.

In China (including Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan)[/u]

- Confirmed: 4,520 cases (2,714 in Hubei)
- Suspected: 5,794 cases
- Death: 106 cases
- Recovered: 61 cases

Other countries

- Confirmed: 45 cases
- Suspected: 201 cases
- Death: 0 case
- Recovered: 3 cases

• Praise 5
  • Sad 1

China themselves are taking such drastic measures why should they be offended?  
i think what would be offensive is if we start evicting the Chinese or Wuhanians or Hubei people who are already here.  

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Ong Ye Kung 将心比心?

Wow ok....you win...

actually, china is encouraging people to not move around. they are doing similar things. we really need to ban non-essential travel between china and singapore.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Estrangable said:

Oh nono.... u is wrong. I is no beloved amdk. I is love my motherland. Zhu Guo Wan shui wan shui wan wan shui. 

One thing is for sure... chinese with our proud 5000 years history of civilisation and culture will not be consuming stuffs like bats and rats .... this is clearly , irrevocably a conspiracy against our beloved motherland. In ccp we trust . 

Since you love motherland so much, shall we donate some wagyu, abalone, tuna and shirako to our mainland brethren, so that they need not eat the less savoury stuff?

I organise. PM me. I will be excited to meet another lover of motherland and all things chinese. My pleasure.

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Blueray said:

takes political will and balls to implement such a move.

some leaders have it, some don't.

[laugh]

knowing our SG govt, v sibei kiasi one. 

They are never the first movers.  They always adopt the wait and see attitude, see what other countries are doing.  They won't be the first to implement anything, because they fear of consequences that they don't know how to react. 

its a typical singaporean mindset.  Herd mentality.   

you just watch. they are waiting for more countries to ban chinese.  Then they will join in quietly.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1