COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

PRC with passport not issue in Hubei still can hop on the plane to SG.

But if they've been to Hubei in the last 14 days they will be rejected. Though there's already local transmission outside of Hubei so the effectiveness of just restricting to Hubei may not be sufficient and maybe even a bit too late some may say. But this is a good first step that our government is finally willing to take. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Still a small window before this restriction takes effect tomorrow. Chiong ah! 😳

Like the 5 million Wu Han residents left the city before it got sealed. 😅😅

Anyway, today I heard from radio that there are suspicion that Wu Han might not be the epicentre but somewhere else. If true it's going to hamper the investigation cos they were chasing the wrong goose.

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

But if they've been to Hubei in the last 14 days they will be rejected. Though there's already local transmission outside of Hubei so the effectiveness of just restricting to Hubei may not be sufficient and maybe even a bit too late some may say. But this is a good first step that our government is finally willing to take. 

but unless they honestly declare, and then tio deported back, there's no way to know that they've been to hubei in the last 14 days.

7 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

There will always be intentional false declaration.

Currently, the strictest measure was taken by Macau.

28 minutes ago, Solar said:

I'm now sitting in East coast McD.. nobody wears mask.

I just shifted my table to the other end after a kid coughed consistently beside mine 😅

I gave my wife some masks this morning telling her to wear in bus/mrt. She wore it in bus and told me nobody sat beside her. :XD:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 15

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Etnt said:

but unless they honestly declare, and then tio deported back, there's no way to know that they've been to hubei in the last 14 days.

All boils down to social responsibility again. Be honest. If you can't be honest about your travel history, at least self-quarantine. Stay at home. Question is can we trust them to be honest? 

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Solar said:

Like the 5 million Wu Han residents left the city before it got sealed. 😅😅

Anyway, today I heard from radio that there are suspicion that Wu Han might not be the epicentre but somewhere else. If true it's going to hamper the investigation cos they were chasing the wrong goose.

Similar to any large cities, a lot of residents originated from Wuhan. Majority of these 5m will be going home.

There is a breakdown of these 5m travel pattern.

Read The Lancet report I posted earlier 

• Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Can someone tell me what happens after contact tracing is done, and the person is found? What's next? For example, my company has a chartered bus. If say one of my staff who uses the bus is later found to be infected, that means all the staff who sit the same bus as him is part of the "contact tracing" group. So should I provide all the names of all the staff who were in the same bus with him to MOH? What happens after that? Will they all be quarantined? Should all of them stay home for 14 days to see if they are symptomatic? Or just submit their name and number and MOH will take over? In fact not only those who sat with him in the bus but actually all staff would be deem as potential "cases" as he would have walked around the office, shared the same lift, toilet, etc.

I no expert but they have two kind of contacts close and normal contact. I think close contact Kenna quarantine , normal just tell u to watch out. 

😁

复置这行话€Q1oc1dDqWS1€转移至👉τаo宝аρρ👈【熠先生的蒸汽大陆蒸汽朋克steampunk防雾霾PM2.5防毒面具面罩风镜】;或https://m.tb.cn/h.VYoK1n8?sm=e18e21 點£擊☆鏈﹏接,再选择瀏覽嘂..咑№亓

71E7FCF6-3224-40BF-9CE6-C851F3ADB76F.jpeg

• Haha! 2

43 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Screenshot-2020-01-28-at-3_48.42-PM.thumb.png.6c491019074cfbe2711c3785efea0b08.png

The following will take effect on the 29th (Wednesday), 12pm.

In a press conference on Jan. 28, MOH identified three groups of people that will be regulated by the measures:

1. Recent travellers from Hubei already in Singapore
  2. Returning residents and long-term pass holders with travel history in Hubei or PRC passports issued in Hubei
  3. New visitors with travel history to Hubei or PRC passports issued in Hubei

1. Recent travellers from Hubei already in Singapore

MOH has started contacting individuals with Hubei travel history and Chinese nationals with Hubei passports.

There are about 2,000 of such individuals, with 1,000 of them on short-term visas.

Those who are accessed to be of higher risk will be quarantined.

Assessment criteria are:

• Contact with person with Wuhan virus
  • Recent visit to hospitals in China
  • Date of arrival in Singapore

2. Returning residents and long-term pass holders

The follow individuals under this group will be quarantined as well:

• Returning residents (Singaporeans and PRs) with Hubei travel history within the past 14 days.
  • Returning long-term pass holders with Hubei travel history within the past 14 days. This includes work passes, Dependent Pass, and LTVP.
  • Returning PRs and long-term pass holders with PRC passports issued in Hubei.

Singaporeans are given the option to be quarantined at home.

Individuals under quarantine should be able to isolate themselves such that they have own toilet facilities, and not mix with other individuals within the home.

During this period, they are not to leave their homes.

Phone calls and visits will be used to make sure they are quarantined.

If home quarantine is not possible, the individuals have the option of requesting to be quarantined in government facilities.

Those who fail to comply with the quarantine orders will be fined up to S$10,000 or jailed up to six months, or both.

3. New visitors with recent Hubei travel history denied entry

From Jan. 29, 12pm, all new visitors with Hubei travel history within the last 14 days and holders of PRC passports issued in Hubei will be denied entry into Singapore.

They will also be unable to transit through Singapore.

Travellers who are arriving in Singapore after the ban is in effect will have to make their own arrangements with the airlines.

However, those who have symptoms will be sent to local hospitals.

With immediate effect, the following will be suspended for holders of PRC passports issued in Hubei:

• Issuance of all forms of new visas
  • Previously-issued short-term visas and multiple-visit visas
  • Visa-free transit facilities

My company more proactive than Singapore government. Yesterday already sent out email work from home orders for anyone returning from China or hongkong.

i think government needs to restrict travel for more than Hubei.

• Praise 5

8 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Wonder how many they let in in 2 days? Should have done it earlier... 

last time other countries follow Singapore... now Singapore follow Malaysia Philippines....

Yesterday, we were told not to over-react.

Today,  WHO changed the danger level to HIGH.

And then suddenly, we realized we have been under-reacting.

• Haha! 6

15 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

last time other countries follow Singapore... now Singapore follow Malaysia Philippines....

Non front line HK civil servants are told to work from home this week.

HK companies told to follow govt measure.

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

There will always be intentional false declaration.

Currently, the strictest measure was taken by Macau.

I thought the strictest measure was taken by North Korea..

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

16 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

4G signal here too congested la. You never try load MCF at train station before? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4