COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

Internal Moderator
Just now, Neutrino said:

Been trying to buy masks and hand antiseptic yesterday and today around Clementi, Unity, Guardian, Watson, and Polyclinic.

All out of stock, dunno when replacement arrive.

I was at NUH today for appointment and they also out of stock.

And yet I heard announcement on radio yesterday that there was lots of stock of masks and hand antiseptic.

If shops haven't been selling and they haven't around Clementi then how all sold out?

Haven't been able to get any from NTUC and Watson too. I'm a eastsider. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 2

Internal Moderator

Screenshot_20200128_203055_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.75c4007d734e1ca854d14faaa7cec085.jpg

SINGAPORE: Outward Bound Singapore (OBS) camps on Pulau Ubin will be used as a quarantine facility as part of measures to deal with the Wuhan virus, the Ministry of National Development (MND) said on Tuesday (Jan 28).

In response to CNA queries, an MND spokesperson said the Government will ensure that anyone who has been served with a quarantine order will be housed in "appropriate locations".

"In addition to selected chalets and university hostels, OBS camps in Pulau Ubin have also been identified as a Government Quarantine Facility (GQF)," the spokesperson added.

The camps will undergo a "thorough cleaning process", in accordance with guidelines from the Ministry of Health, to make sure they are safe to stay in.

"As people staying at the GQFs are not supposed to come into contact with others, this eliminates the possibility of the spread of virus through person-to-person contact," the spokesperson added.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-virus-singapore-obs-camp-pulau-ubin-quarantine-facility-12360724?cid=FBcna

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Been trying to buy masks and hand antiseptic yesterday and today around Clementi, Unity, Guardian, Watson, and Polyclinic.

And yet I heard announcement on radio yesterday that there was lots of stock of masks and hand antiseptic.

If shops haven't been selling and they haven't around Clementi then how all sold out?

Today i also trying to find ard clementi to replenish my mask stock that left 2pcs. 

also cannot find

heng Back home search search in drawer find fresh piece new 20pcs mask 

anyone here know what happen if using expired mask? Lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Oh yeah. Hand sanitizer and antibacterial wet wipes. CNY eve still have so whack a few while everyone was hunting for masks. Today oso sold out 

Knn....4G keep saying got stock. I guess they too high up there to personally visit Guardian or Watsons and rely on the scholars to tell them the good stuff 

• Praise 1
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Shouldn't even offer reimbursement. But no choice when it comes to dealing with tiongs. Using tax payers money to reimburse tiongs for something they brought to our land? Don't mean to sound xenophobic but no other way to put across. 

I totally agreed and support your view ! 
i hope I understand correctly that this $100 is for those working in Singapore only, and not tourists. 
when you are spending other people’s money, I was told that you would not feel heart pain. 

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

i hope I understand correctly that this $100 is for those working in Singapore only, and not tourists. 
when you are spending other people’s money, I was told that you would not feel heart pain. 

Wah sei....at first I thot PRCs happily fly here to get free treatment, free quarantine, free stay. Now they oso get rewarded $100/day of our taxpayer money for bringing in the virus while getting these freebies??

And Bicentennial bonus they too cheapo to give me even $1. Knn...too much liao

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

My fav cough syrup prospan also cannot find in some watson and guardian. 

Cough syrup also no stock?! 😅

• Haha! 1

Mass Recruitment for Healthcare Assistant at Changi Airport

Responsibilities: Temperature Screening and Labour Intensive Push and Carry

3 Months Contract - $33/hr
6 Months Contract - $48/hr

Interested parties please drop an email to Geraldine Lee with your full name, last 4 digits of NRIC and Contact Number to [email protected]

Please help to share to as many as possible as Singapore need your help. We need all the help we can.

@Soya you old aldy

go help nation 

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

From my understanding of the video, those in quarantine will get $100/day (tiongs included here), those working will be given to employer. 

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, RadX said:

Interested parties please drop an email to Geraldine Lee with your full name, last 4 digits of NRIC and Contact Number to [email protected]

Please help to share to as many as possible as Singapore need your help. We need all the help we can.

@Soya you old aldy

go help nation 

Screenshot_20200128_210626_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.d5c89c56c64358a37c9f1ffc83c0ff38.jpg

Received this on WhatsApp. 

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, RadX said:

@Soya you old aldy

go help nation 

Wahahaaaa....old but no guarantee got exhume package like yours

Btw, wtf is 'labour intensive push & carry' ah? Old liao no strength

33 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Screenshot_20200128_203055_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.75c4007d734e1ca854d14faaa7cec085.jpg

SINGAPORE: Outward Bound Singapore (OBS) camps on Pulau Ubin will be used as a quarantine facility as part of measures to deal with the Wuhan virus, the Ministry of National Development (MND) said on Tuesday (Jan 28).

In response to CNA queries, an MND spokesperson said the Government will ensure that anyone who has been served with a quarantine order will be housed in "appropriate locations".

"In addition to selected chalets and university hostels, OBS camps in Pulau Ubin have also been identified as a Government Quarantine Facility (GQF)," the spokesperson added.

The camps will undergo a "thorough cleaning process", in accordance with guidelines from the Ministry of Health, to make sure they are safe to stay in.

"As people staying at the GQFs are not supposed to come into contact with others, this eliminates the possibility of the spread of virus through person-to-person contact," the spokesperson added.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-virus-singapore-obs-camp-pulau-ubin-quarantine-facility-12360724?cid=FBcna

Below quote from CNA, so does it mean when used as OBS it is not safe to stay in :XD:

'''The camps will undergo a "thorough cleaning process", in accordance with guidelines from the Ministry of Health, to make sure they are safe to stay in''.

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Petrol coupon which is free already Carosell Liao .. let alone life n death.. 

I told my kids .. u watch resident evil.. macham you in a VR game right now except no reset button.

i am sure just like SARS, the health care workers will be well compensated for putting their life at risk. 

the MERS was well contained and was wondering what went wrong with WHO this time round.

Well compensated? U smoking pot? 

Zero compensation one lah... 

U die minister come your funeral lor. Big deal? 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, RadX said:

@Soya you old aldy

go help nation 

wah! sure bo? the rates?!

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

You trust them? I go everywhere in Jurong Point (1 Watson, 1 Guardian, 1 Ntuc and 1 Unity) all don’t have. Only Unity at FairPrice Extra got but queued for 45 mins. 

I was lucky,  finished my lunch at JEMS basement,  strolled over to Watson just a store or 2 away and lady was there stocking up the shelf.  They limit to 2 boxes per person but one uncle with the KTGL facial expression grabbed 6 boxes.  Wanted to tell him but he looked so happy, I dun wan to spoil his mood.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cos sg not really much connected to middle east. Unlike china, in fact china ppl everywhere but yet to see middle east ppl

Mers was very lethal but I believe not really human to human. All the victims (if I recall) had exposure to camels which ultimately is part of Arabian life but not elsewhere. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

1 minute ago, Count-Bracula said:

I was lucky,  finished my lunch at JEMS basement,  strolled over to Watson just a store or 2 away and lady was there stocking up the shelf.  They limit to 2 boxes per person but one uncle with the KTGL facial expression grabbed 6 boxes.  Wanted to tell him but he looked so happy, I dun wan to spoil his mood.

What's ktgl. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3