COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

12 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

From my understanding of the video, those in quarantine will get $100/day (tiongs included here), those working will be given to employer. 

Like that really is @#&=*&+%()”’xyzabc  

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator

SINGAPORE - Many more people are expected to be quarantined in efforts to prevent the spread of the Wuhan virus here, as the definition of those who pose a risk has been widened.

Currently, the only people placed under quarantine are 75 close contacts of the first four confirmed cases that the authorities have been able to reach.

But with tougher new measures kicking in, the quarantine will apply to about 2,000 people who were in Hubei in the past fortnight, if deemed to be a risk, or who carry passports issued there, as well as residents and long-term pass holders returning from Hubei.

They include people from educational, childcare and eldercare facilities who, until Tuesday (Jan 28), would have been given leave of absence.

Quarantine is far more stringent than leave of absence as it comes under the Infectious Diseases Act. Anyone flouting the quarantine for the first time may be fined up to $10,000, jailed up to six months, or both. The penalty is higher for subsequent breaches.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
19 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Like that really is @#&=*&+%()”’xyzabc  

"Returning Singaporeans, permanent residents and long-term pass holders with travel history to Hubei in the last 14 days will be quarantined, as will returning permanent residents and long-term pass holders with Chinese passports issued in Hubei.

Workers who are quarantined will have a daily allowance of $100, to be given to their employers, while those who are self-employed will receive the allowance directly."

After reading this I can't confirm if the Hubei people will get the $100 reimbursement. Lol.

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

"Returning Singaporeans, permanent residents and long-term pass holders with travel history to Hubei in the last 14 days will be quarantined, as will returning permanent residents and long-term pass holders with Chinese passports issued in Hubei.

Workers who are quarantined will have a daily allowance of $100, to be given to their employers, while those who are self-employed will receive the allowance directly."

After reading this I can't confirm if the Hubei people will get the $100 reimbursement. Lol.

After reading the detail, I believe this is only for resident here.

• Praise 3

This just remind me of the verbal reasoning IQ tests I took recently for some job applications.  🤣

Just read the sentence as it is meant to be, do not assume and presume. So, even though you are a coffee sexpert, knowing that Arabica beans make better coffee drinks, you cannot answer yes if the passage did not specifically mentioned so. Can be quite tough to answer these type of trick questions!!! 

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Haha! 4

40 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

kio tio gu lxx.... hehe

I'm q poor at dialect. Never heard this phrase. What's the gu mean? Other 3 I know lol... 

OH HAHAHA OK I understand Liao. Lol... 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 5

42 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Well compensated? U smoking pot? 

Zero compensation one lah... 

U die minister come your funeral lor. Big deal? 

Well said. But if I were to die of this, I'd rather an opposition politician I respect attend and get some coverage. Maybe he can get some sorely needed votes out of it. 

I didn't even bother to go shake the Mini-Star's hand for my long service award recently. I decided I've shaken enough Mini-Star hands during school.

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

This just remind me of the verbal reasoning IQ tests I took recently for some job applications.  🤣

Just read the sentence as it is meant to be, do not assume and presume. So, even though you are a coffee sexpert, knowing that Arabica beans make better coffee drinks, you cannot answer yes if the passage did not specifically mentioned so. Can be quite tough to answer these type of trick questions!!! 

GMAT?

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Well said. But if I were to die of this, I'd rather an opposition politician I respect attend and get some coverage. Maybe he can get some sorely needed votes out of it. 

I didn't even bother to go shake the Mini-Star's hand for my long service award recently. I decided I've shaken enough Mini-Star hands during school.

Wah humble brag spotted. Prize winner! Haha

Should be only MP even for bursary right... Unless u do math olympiad.

47 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Well compensated? U smoking pot? 

Zero compensation one lah... 

U die minister come your funeral lor. Big deal? 

During the SARSperiod, there was special SARs bonus payout.

Health care workers include doctors and surgeon. Unless you dispute the fact that doctors are not well compensated, then let me know.

Hong Kong to suspend high-speed rail service in bid to halt spread of coronavirus

HONG KONG: Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam said on Tuesday (Jan 28) the high-speed rail service between the city and mainland China would be suspended from Thursday, and all cross-border ferry services would also be suspended in a bid to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Mrs Lam told a press briefing the number of flights to mainland China would also be halved and personal travel permits for mainland Chinese to the city would be suspended.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/wuhan-virus-hong-kong-suspend-high-speed-rail-mainland-china-12361600

Carrie quite decisive on this situation.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Wah humble brag spotted. Prize winner! Haha

Should be only MP even for bursary right... Unless u do math olympiad.

Physics Olympiad. Sidek Saniff for that one. 

PM book prize - GCT, SINDA award - GY etc. 

Lol 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1