COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

anyone here know what happen if using expired mask? Lol

Also managed to dig out the 2 boxes I bought back then during haze. The lining at the nose area became rotten and can't use anymore.

Tomorrow lppl got to join the Hello Kitty queue with others, and hopefully don't catch anything nasty in the process 

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

During the SARSperiod, there was special SARs bonus payout.

Health care workers include doctors and surgeon. Unless you dispute the fact that doctors are not well compensated, then let me know.

I was a student then. Year 3.

From all the seniors comments on fb doctor groups, I don't think anyone even remembers this. 

Must ask @turboflat4

I think even the cleaner/ porter at the hospital won't want this type of money... 

Edited by Lala81

2 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Hong Kong to suspend high-speed rail service in bid to halt spread of coronavirus

Carrie quite decisive on this situation.

Guess it's either that or HK protestors destroy the high -speed rail station next

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

I was a student then. Year 3.

From all the seniors comments on fb doctor groups, I don't think anyone even remembers  this. 

Must ask @turboflat4

I don't recall a payout - if there was one, it was derisory, so I may have forgotten. 😂

We did get a commemorative coin - SARSmaritans. 

Let me see if I can even find it for a peekture.

Those in really key positions were honoured during N day.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I don't recall a payout - if there was one, it was derisory, so I may have forgotten. 😂

We did get a commemorative coin - SARSmaritans. 

Let me see if I can even find it for a peekture.

Those in really key positions were honoured during N day.

Yes, a few posthumously too🙏🏾

lost some gd ppl

Alexandre

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Maybe not possible.

One IC for an entire family for one week, maybe insufficient.  Complain.

Every family member buys 20 pcs-OOS?

I bought my quota.  Said it was stolen.  Want to buy again.  Stopping me? Will raise hoo haa on social media.  Let me buy?  Back to square one.

Bottom line I think there should be enforcement against profiteers.  And distribute to households via volunteers and companies.

Experience?  From my days in Macdonald's where we had 50c cheeseburger.   You see all sorts of pattern.

I believe the govt has a huge stockpile of masks sitting somewhere in their warehouse. It's just like in the army, when shit gets real, new weapons and equipment keep in storage will be issued. 

If things turn for the worse, they would probably release the stocks to each community centre and Singaporeans can collect them for free. Probably it will be rationed accordingly to your NRIC.

Masks profiteers and scalpers on Carousel can keep their masks to eat then :D

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Columbian78 said:

Since young, for me it was always KTGBL. Kio Tio Gu Beh Lxx 

Sorry. What's beh? I'm a hokkien idiot. 

57 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I was lucky,  finished my lunch at JEMS basement,  strolled over to Watson just a store or 2 away and lady was there stocking up the shelf.  They limit to 2 boxes per person but one uncle with the KTGL facial expression grabbed 6 boxes.  Wanted to tell him but he looked so happy, I dun wan to spoil his mood.

Don't worry. Can improvise.....

FB_IMG_1580220393400.jpg

FB_IMG_1580220383396.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Prob now many people cannot find mask. They should distribute more masks to prevent resellers. 

they should let people buy by IC. One IC 20pcs a week for example

Second that. Also, make essential items such as masks, medical consumables restricted items. Illegal for any attempt to resell them as this causes panic and destabilize the society. 

To an extreme end, a treason to发国难财if it really shtf.

This will curb speculative hoarding.

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

GMAT?

Nope. One is via SHLDirect online, needs to do 4/5 sets of different tests within certain time. Another lagi KNN, answer mixture of random 50 questions in 13 mins.

I think it's a good way for employers to filter out employees above 40 YO LEGALLY. 🤣

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yes, a few posthumously too🙏🏾

lost some gd ppl

Alexandre

And his father had died a few short years before him. Another great man.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Can translate or summarise? 

IMG_0705.jpg.00a1b765285015fa6d5c3730774dad92.jpg

1. Central govt agreed to stop travel visa from 49 China Cities

2. Substantial reduction in transport service between HK and China.  All HSR and cross border train service stopped.  Train service from China to HK will reduce by half.  All cross border ferry service between HK and China halted

3. All border checkpoint with China is CLOSED.

4. In cooperation with China to monitor human movement.  Increase infra-red temperature monitoring

5. All non-HK resident to pay full fee

6. All HK resident travelled to China ishall self quarantined for 14 days.  Famliy members of these resident is advised to wear mask

7. Health authority will follow up with HK resident who had been in contact with Wubei residents

8. Shortage of medical supplies.  Govt will continue to be in contact with medical industry and use all possible means to resolve shortage.

• Praise 2

Just now, Turboflat4 said:

And his father had died a few short years ago. Another great man.

Indeed! My idol 👍🏽

the way he stands his ground in court... nobody can hold a candle to him 

• Praise 1

Just now, RadX said:

Indeed! My idol 👍🏽

the way he stands his ground in court... nobody can hold a candle to him 

This... is a case of... iatrogenic death!! 

Such poise. Like Perry Mason. I was privileged to see him in court.

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Solar said:

Also managed to dig out the 2 boxes I bought back then during haze. The lining at the nose area became rotten and can't use anymore.

Tomorrow lppl got to join the Hello Kitty queue with others, and hopefully don't catch anything nasty in the process 

Mine still white and clean, smell also ok tmr i try wear see itchy anot lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5