COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, Soya said:

He got Q up like the rest of us to get it juz to hv it run out of stock?

Or NTUC personally hand deliver dunno how many to him and say got stock bah....

LP Min inspected warehouse hor.

GPGT

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Cough syrup also no stock?! 😅

Should stock up on Panadol also. Maybe next one to go no stock.

1 hour ago, Columbian78 said:

Since young, for me it was always KTGBL. Kio Tio Gu Beh Lxx 

ktgl is lucky, ktgbl is sibei lucky [laugh]

• Haha! 6

39 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

really sad to see the kind of comment.

Well compensated? Yah, how well is well when the life is involve? 

My respect to all the medical professions in times like this,  no amount of compensation is worth the risk. 

To those medical profession I know here, @Lala81, @Turboflat4, @Vratenza@Philipkee, and others I may have no recollection, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

@RadX, I can only thanks him when he needs to start mass collection, so I hope I never have to thanks him. [:p][laugh][laugh]

@RadX will only come out at this stage. 😅

• Haha! 1

41 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

really sad to see the kind of comment.

Well compensated? Yah, how well is well when the life is involve? 

My respect to all the medical professions in times like this,  no amount of compensation is worth the risk. 

To those medical profession I know here, @Lala81, @Turboflat4, @Vratenza@Philipkee, and others I may have no recollection, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

@RadX, I can only thanks him when he needs to start mass collection, so I hope I never have to thanks him. [:p][laugh][laugh]

@RadX will only come out at this stage. 😅1946056156_800px-Plague_carting_the_dead_by_Moynet_Wellcome_L0004076.jpg.3439f9cd74a3e621dd2b0c607ea133c8.jpg

• Haha! 4

7 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Does this one consider  ktgl?

Mandatory leave of absence for NS pre-enlistees who recently travelled to China: MINDEF, MHA

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-virus-pre-enlistees-leave-absence-mindef-mha-12362092

Will be so funny if China pick this time to say going to Taiwan is also part of China. 🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

LP Min inspected warehouse hor.

GPGT

Got stock at warehouse does not mean got stock at store.. Coz in store, say they only stock up x number of mask.. However on that 1st few hours.. The demand is more then the x number of mask in that store. So store no stock.. Warehouse still got stock.. So the only way it is to keep getting warehouse to deliver and stock up the mask to the store.. This need time.. Coz not just 1 store, there a lot of store in whole of Singapore. So the best is everyday replanish.. 

23 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Where to buy?

21 minutes ago, Blueray said:

online lor, dun need to go queue up at NTUC, Guardian, Watson's Unity etc ... and risk getting infected.

[flowerface]

made in wuhan!!! [:p][:p][:p]

• Haha! 5

Good read.

https://bit.ly/2RpjYGq

Esp this one:

4. Masks are useless when worn outdoors and may not be very helpful even indoors. Most masks deteriorate after one or two wearings. Using the same mask day after day is worse than useless—it’s disgusting, as the contents of your mouth and nose eventually coat the inside of the mask with a smelly veneer that is attractive to bacteria. I rarely wear a face mask in an epidemic, and I have been in more than 30 outbreaks. Instead, I stay away from crowds, and I keep my distance from individual people—a half meter, about 1.5 feet, is a good standard. If someone is coughing or sneezing, I ask them to put on a mask—to protect me from their potentially contaminated fluids. If they decline, I step a meter (about 3 feet) away from them, or I leave. Don’t shake hands or hug people—politely beg off, saying it’s better for both of you not to come in close contact during an epidemic.

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Got stock at warehouse does not mean got stock at store.. Coz in store, say they only stock up x number of mask.. However on that 1st few hours.. The demand is more then the x number of mask in that store. So store no stock.. Warehouse still got stock.. So the only way it is to keep getting warehouse to deliver and stock up the mask to the store.. This need time.. Coz not just 1 store, there a lot of store in whole of Singapore. So the best is everyday replanish.. 

at the rate the ah tiongs are sweeping up things, every hour replenish also no enough lah...

Currently whatever mask release into the market is as good as ice dropping into the ocean, if the stock pile is expended before the  situation gets worse, it would be nightmare. 

And the worse part is, if these mask, which are meant for us, locals,  are all taken up by the ah tiongs queuing up everywhere, and then they leave, whats going to happen?

Got enough stocks, means got enough stock for Singaporeans when the worst really strike,  not anyhow release to the market for ppl to stock up. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Good read.

https://bit.ly/2RpjYGq

Esp this one:

4. Masks are useless when worn outdoors and may not be very helpful even indoors. Most masks deteriorate after one or two wearings. Using the same mask day after day is worse than useless—it’s disgusting, as the contents of your mouth and nose eventually coat the inside of the mask with a smelly veneer that is attractive to bacteria. I rarely wear a face mask in an epidemic, and I have been in more than 30 outbreaks. Instead, I stay away from crowds, and I keep my distance from individual people—a half meter, about 1.5 feet, is a good standard. If someone is coughing or sneezing, I ask them to put on a mask—to protect me from their potentially contaminated fluids. If they decline, I step a meter (about 3 feet) away from them, or I leave. Don’t shake hands or hug people—politely beg off, saying it’s better for both of you not to come in close contact during an epidemic.

a mask can only use for 2-3 hrs if you need to talk, so one day you probably need 3-4 pieces. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

At this point in time, I dont understand what is the point of pointing finger at the gov with whatever politics and action they are carrying out. 

Anyone here have more experience, more resources, more information than the gov?  If not, let them do their work, and stop criticizing, condemn and complaint.  If you think you have good suggestions, write in to the ministries, and share your thoughts. That is more productive and useful than KPKB KNN PAP. 

Otherwise, share useful information, help others follow what is happening with the situation and any new developments, etc. 

If you are the nurse or doctor who needs to be quarantine, or that self employed taxi driver, tour guide who needs to be quarantine, you maye thankful to the 100 bucks. 

Why did china kept quiet earlier? Why the sudden lock down? why is WHO not reacting as fast as before? Anyone notice that until now those diagnose positive are mostly from wuhan only? Sars didnt recognize citizenship, but this virus seem to stick to PRCs from wuhan only? 

Is there something china is keeping from the world, or is there something the gov know that we dont? 

When you lock down a place, and send in military, it may not be trying to save the ppl, most of the time it means isolate the place and contain whatever is there, and that includes information.

So stopping wuhan PRCs from coming is a move in the right direction, because I wont be surprise those wuhan PRCs whom manage to leave wuhan before the lock down can get away very far, and many will be trying to leave china altogether. 

Those who dont really believe the gov, do go and try and find out more information on your own, and out come with your own conclusion. But please, spend more time, do more findings and compare them, use your brain and try to at least give those information some thoughts, and not just pull one youtube video and assume it is the real thing. 

It is ok to be a joker, but try not be the joke. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I agree that the Singapore gahmen has mostly been doing the right things. Kudos to them.

I cannot say the same for the PRC gahmen, at least in the initial stages (if reports are to be believed). Especially with their prior experience with SARS. 

Still, it's quite amusing to see the Sinophiles out in force trying to defend the CCP way of doing things. I'm sure some are sincere, but I'm also certain some are paid shills. 

Wuhan has been wu hua for the wumao army. 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I agree that the Singapore gahmen has mostly been doing the right things. Kudos to them.

I cannot say the same for the PRC gahmen, at least in the initial stages (if reports are to be believed). Especially with their prior experience with SARS. 

Still, it's quite amusing to see the Sinophiles out in force trying to defend the CCP way of doing things. I'm sure some are sincere, but I'm also certain some are paid shills. 

Wuhan has been wu hua for the wumao army. 😁

I think the SG gov, like any other gov, has no alternative but to do what they have to do with whatever information as current and as accurate they can collect. Even if they made a mistake, I would think they have no intention to harm SG. We are so small that if we are hit hard, they unlikely going to have enough time to run. [:p]

CCP? it would be silly to even think they are not hiding anything, let alone support their way of doing things. For them to lock down the place so fast, and sending in the military, only tells me there are important information in wuhan that cannot leave wuhan. 

I feel sorry for the wuhan residents, but my thought is CCP is not there to help or save them, there is a more important mission for them in wuhan. The Wuhan residents are very likely on their own, if they can tahan and get well, good luck, otherwise bye bye and hope for a better next life. 

Yah, quite funny to see ppl supporting CCP like they are communists themselves, but thats life, we cant understand everyone, just like not everyone can understand us. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 10

Actually I don't understand the ks-ness about the masks, personally am not wearing one and didn't bother to buy. As someone has mentioned, wearing a reused mask is even worse in terms of keeping hygiene. May not get wuhan virus but other kinds of infection giving cough, flu, etc.

Also have read an article recently about the rate of infection spread, and apparently a few research groups have agreed it's no more higher than common flu. It's the kill rate that scare people. Statistically though, still a small number vs the number of cases. Authorities more worried about the number of cases - that's what is going to overwhelm resources

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think the SG gov, like any other gov, has no alternative but to do what they have to do with whatever information as current and as accurate they can collect. Even if they made a mistake, I would think they have no intention to harm SG. We are so small that if we are hit hard, they unlikely going to have enough time to run. [:p]

CCP? it would be silly to even think they are not hiding anything, let alone support their way of doing things. For them to lock down the place so fast, and sending in the military, only tells me there are important information in wuhan that cannot leave wuhan. 

I feel sorry for the wuhan residents, but my thought is CCP is not there to help or save them, there is a more important mission for them in wuhan. The Wuhan residents are very likely on their own, if they can tahan and get well, good luck, otherwise bye bye and hope for a better next life. 

Yah, quite funny to see ppl supporting CCP like they are communists themselves, but thats life, we cant understand everyone, just like not everyone can understand us. [:p][laugh][laugh]

I think in every movie i watched locking down a city would require alot military personnel otherwise citizens will try to run, revolt and challenge the authorities. 

using military seal off exit and also ensure order of city. When theres shortage people will begin to raid stores or rob other people

but theres still a doubt whether virus originated from that market as about half of first infected batch never been to. Also so many cities in china eat those weird species but why only wuhan tio as animal species supplier probably send to diff markets in china. If talking about hygiene don’t tell me wuhan is the worst in china hahaha

So in my view either china develop own lethal Weapon virus and accidentally leak or america go purposely weaken china economy. again remind me of those movies terrorist obtaining virus to spread in a city. I smell conspiracy here lol

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1