Bak Kwas Worth Queuing Up For This CNY (2020)

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Bak Kwas Worth Queuing Up For This CNY (2020)

source: https://blog.seedly.sg/top-best-bak-kwa-you-must-queue-up-for-cny

030120-BAKKWA-Revamp.png

With the Lunar New Year of the rat right around the corner, what better way to celebrate the auspicious season than with a not-so-healthy serving of Bak Kwa!

One of the top few must have snacks of the season, no home is truly complete without a platter of this sweet, savoury porky goodness.

To help you gear up for a feast, here’s a list of our top recommended Bak Kwa stores you’d have to visit to get your share this Chinese New Year. To keep options open, we’ve excluded a few of the popular chains there, which include the likes of Bee Cheng Hiang, Lim Chee Guan and Fragrance.

Fret not, we’ve also included a vegetarian option!

TL;DR: List of Best Bak Kwa Establishments to visit this CNY

030120-BAKKWA-Revamp.png

screenshot-blog.seedly.sg-2020_01.04-10_55_49.thumb.png.7fa8dbab429145247ae0cb196dd8ddad.png

Friendly PSA: Expect prices to increase slightly week on week towards Chinese New Year

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

Twincharged

I still don’t understand the rational of bak kwa during CNY. Can buy anytime of the year and without a price hike. Same with eating bak chang!

I gave my colleagues bak kwa for Christmas. No queue and no price hike. Haha. Why bother queuing to get them more chocolates and sweets. 

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I still don’t understand the rational of bak kwa during CNY. Can buy anytime of the year and without a price hike. Same with eating bak chang!

I gave my colleagues bak kwa for Christmas. No queue and no price hike. Haha. Why bother queuing to get them more chocolates and sweets. 

Its like why want to eat Turkey  during xmas loh.

Actually does Turkey  cost more  during xmas🤔

• Haha! 2

41 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Seems like people got their bonus,, but do not know what to do with it. So they waste time and money buying overpriced pork.

• Haha! 2

No bak kwa is worth queuing up for during this CNY, that CNY, or any CNY...

I buy and eat bak kwa anytime I feel like to eat it, have not bought any during CNY for the past 3-4 yrs. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

Athough bak kwa can buy during normal days but this item like it is a must to have during cny lo, so it pushes the demand up.

So i guess every year cny should be the same old bak kwa shops that many people go queue and buy, never change la. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Athough bak kwa can buy during normal days but this item like it is a must to have during cny lo, so it pushes the demand up.

So i guess every year cny should be the same old bak kwa shops that many people go queue and buy, never change la. 😂

Ya like pine apple tart. fish prawn. bababa

see how much they rise.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wonder which merchant perpetuated this? Can’t see any links to CNY. 

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Wonder which merchant perpetuated this? Can’t see any links to CNY. 

Maybe it is the consumer perpetuated this?

29 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Made my booking for sang hock guan already. Had to queue 40 mins to make booking. 

40 mins maybe consider ok liao. If queue 2 weeks before cny, maybe need to queue at least 1 hour? Lol.

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe it is the consumer perpetuated this?

Dumb then. Haha. Quality during this period also crappy due to the rush to churn out as many as possible. $$$ talks. 

28 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Dumb then. Haha. Quality during this period also crappy due to the rush to churn out as many as possible. $$$ talks. 

True, quality wise confirmed not very good when demand is super high and they need to rush out the bak kwa.

• Praise 1

I certainly will not buy bak kwa during CNY . This exploitation must be put to an end!!!!

But it do not stop me from eating during house visit.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Haha! 7

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

40 mins maybe consider ok liao. If queue 2 weeks before cny, maybe need to queue at least 1 hour? Lol.

If they make it so difficult to buy their goods, why bother  to give them your money😄😄 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1