COE Bidding – 1st Round of January 2020

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

You like that say I CNY have to stay at home liao lor. 

No need stay at home la, you can take grab. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Koreancarsg said:

Saw in my HDB estate MSCP, husband and wife each own a Honda Vezel, same colour 😄 really envy but my bank account doesn't allow me to do so 🤢

I guess if husband and wife are both working professionals, like to drive and able to drive to workplace, each own a car is common nowadays. 😂

3 hours ago, Wormee said:

COE is determined by CCP (Current COE Price, which is highest unsucessful bid + $1). It is not so simple if bids are more then the quota.

For his 1st scenario, if 45 bids out of 50 submits $10, the CCP will be $11. But then again, if you/dealer submits the first bid, usually it will be $1 and that is why there was once you get a $2 COE. 

Second scenario, if 55 bids out of 50 submits $10, the first 5 will be outbidded. Assuming all remains which I think will not happen cos if you/dealer are outbidded, you would increase your bid to $11, and another person/dealer bids $12, so on and so forth. Never ending.

My guess if all remains $10, I was wondering if the first 50 pax will get a $11 COE or not and the last 5 unsucessful. That's the complicated part. 

P.S. And hey I got it right. Remain or increase 1K this round. Haha

Cheers!

In your second scenario, if 55 ppl bids $10 on 50 COE quota, based on the rules, no one get any COE, all 50 quota will be carried forward to next cycle.

If there is a 56th bid of $10K, and a 57th bid of $20K, both of them will be successful to get a COE with a premium of $11, the other 55 ppl will be unsuccessful. And 48 of remaining quota will be carried forward.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Koreancarsg said:

Saw in my HDB estate MSCP, husband and wife each own a Honda Vezel, same colour 😄 really envy but my bank account doesn't allow me to do so 🤢

wow, both are phv?

I think job market is really very bad.

45 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

don't envy others. be contended with what you have. How do you know if the household is heavily on debt for the two beauties you envy? how much more they have to work to support the installment? just look at those cheapo who tailgate people to avoid parking.

This fellow i encountered last weekend, block the exit for almost 10 mins because he insist to pay the parking using flash pay, don't want to pay with cash card. Who in sg don't know pay parking using cash card?  After a chat with the security guard and i found out that he just want to  find an excuse not to pay the parking. poor and selfish idiot, cause so much inconveniences to other drivers and security guard. 

Me. I don't carry a cash card. I use ezpay. But for that few gantry that only accept cash card, the security usually asked for cash. No run.

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

don't envy others. be contended with what you have. How do you know if the household is heavily on debt for the two beauties you envy? how much more they have to work to support the installment? just look at those cheapo who tailgate people to avoid parking.

This fellow i encountered last weekend, block the exit for almost 10 mins because he insist to pay the parking using flash pay, don't want to pay with cash card. Who in sg don't know pay parking using cash card?  After a chat with the security guard and i found out that he just want to  find an excuse not to pay the parking. poor and selfish idiot, cause so much inconveniences to other drivers and security guard. 

this guy sarpork smart nation mah

stop using dinosuar cashcard 😂

7 hours ago, cckboy said:

If there is a 56th bid of $10K, and a 57th bid of $20K, both of them will be successful to get a COE with a premium of $11, the other 55 ppl will be unsuccessful. And 48 of remaining quota will be carried forward.

hello ah boy, the COE premium will be $10K, not $11.

5 hours ago, Jp66 said:

hello ah boy, the COE premium will be $10K, not $11.

Hi JP, it's $11 not $10k.

The rule is very clear and there is one example calculation you can find on onemotoring website.

--------

The Current COE Price (CCP) is the price of the highest unsuccessful bid plus $1. The number of successful bidders is limited by the COEs available for each particular COE category.

20 hours ago, cckboy said:

Hi JP, it's $11 not $10k.

The rule is very clear and there is one example calculation you can find on onemotoring website.

--------

The Current COE Price (CCP) is the price of the highest unsuccessful bid plus $1. The number of successful bidders is limited by the COEs available for each particular COE category.

Thanks ah boy👍

COE Quota to Drop Even Further from February 2020 to April 2020

14 Jan 2020  Cheyenne

motorist-coe-quota-decrease-february-2020-to-april-2020.jpeg.52d22f9609d147eca8ff359c2da707b5.jpeg

(Photo Credit: LTA)

The Certificate of Entitlement (COE) quota for February 2020 to April 2020 will drop to 19,055 – roughly an average of 6,351 a month.

In comparison, the COE quota from November 2019 to January 2020 was 20,498 – an average of 6,832 per month. The quotas continue to drop with each passing quarter.

In a press release sent out by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) today, the average monthly quota for Cat A (Cars up to 1600CC & 97kW) will decrease from 2,036 to 1,945 – a drop of 91. The average monthly quota for Cat B (Cars above 1600CC or 97kW) also dropped from 2,023 to 1,966 – a smaller drop of 57.

All the other categories face decreases as well.

For goods vehicles and buses in Cat C, the average monthly quota dropped from 635 to 629 – dropping by a mere 6 spots.

The average monthly quota for Cat D (Motorcycles) faced a bigger decrease of 227, from 1,382 to 1,155.

Lastly, Cat E (Open Category) saw the biggest drop for this quarter – dipping from 754 to 655, a decrease of 99.

https://www.motorist.sg/article/514/coe-quota-to-drop-even-further-from-february-2020-to-april-2020

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 2

Meanwhile, some of the rich people in Hong Kong are moving to Singapore and Singapore's population is still increasing.  The era of cheap COE from mid 2018 to early 2019 is over 😅

Hong Kong funds eye Singapore offices to dodge protest fallout

HONG KONG (BLOOMBERG) - Hong Kong's protests are spurring more asset managers from the city to ask about opening offices in Singapore, according to consultants.

While the unrest is not the only factor, the development adds to signs that Singapore is picking up business in part due to the protests. The list includes a private equity gathering that is shifting to Singapore this year, family office advisers getting calls about clients looking into the logistics for moves, and Hong Kong parents eyeing Singapore schools.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/hong-kong-funds-eye-singapore-offices-to-dodge-protest-fallout

Singapore New Car Registration 2019 Full Year Statistics

Alfa Romeo - 60
Alpine - 14
ALPINA - 2
Aston Martin - 21
Audi - 2,488
BMW - 5,346
Bentley - 69
Ferrari - 43
Honda - 15,205
Hyundai - 5,618
Infiniti - 162
Jaguar - 336
KIA - 4,227
Koenigsegg - 1
Lamborghini - 61
Land Rover - 300
Lotus - 2
Maserati - 103
Mazda - 3,095
McLaren - 21
Mercedes-Benz - 7,840
Mini - 453
Mitsubishi - 3,020
Nissan - 2,405
Opel - 629
Peugeot - 124
Porsche - 628
Range Rover - 1
Renault - 779
Rolls Royce - 41
RUF - 2
SEAT - 329
Skoda - 849
Subaru - 1,261
Suzuki - 467
Tesla - 14
Toyota - 12,923
VW - 2,175
Volvo - 874

• Praise 3

On 1/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, awhtc said:

Meanwhile, some of the rich people in Hong Kong are moving to Singapore and Singapore's population is still increasing.  The era of cheap COE from mid 2018 to early 2019 is over 😅

HONG KONG (BLOOMBERG) - Hong Kong's protests are spurring more asset managers from the city to ask about opening offices in Singapore, according to consultants.

While the unrest is not the only factor, the development adds to signs that Singapore is picking up business in part due to the protests. The list includes a private equity gathering that is shifting to Singapore this year, family office advisers getting calls about clients looking into the logistics for moves, and Hong Kong parents eyeing Singapore schools.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/hong-kong-funds-eye-singapore-offices-to-dodge-protest-fallout

Funny is during the 1997, why these rich people dont want to move to sg?

On 1/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, awhtc said:

Just take such report with a pinch of salt. Few months back a report said billion of dollars flowing out from HK to Spore, buyers buying Spore property blah blah. 

Guess what, URA statistics show only 6% of home buyers are foreigners in 2019.

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Singapore New Car Registration 2019 Full Year Statistics

Alfa Romeo - 60
Alpine - 14
ALPINA - 2
Aston Martin - 21
Audi - 2,488
BMW - 5,346
Bentley - 69
Ferrari - 43
Honda - 15,205
Hyundai - 5,618